PDA

View Full Version : Flash fl300 - Moved from Accessort Talk

brianvickers
2nd March 2014, 08:18 PM
I use a Metz 24 at present, would the Olympus flash bring any benefit?

Ian
7th March 2014, 10:36 AM
Depends what you want to do with the FL-300? What are you looking to do with the flash and what facilities do you need?

Ian

brianvickers
7th March 2014, 12:39 PM
Thank Ian....weddings would basically sum up what I need - including to be able to take the flash off the hot shoe and fire it from the camera - so I can then use the small kit flash on the camera and hand hold or even tripod mount the main flash and fire it as a slave

Ian
7th March 2014, 01:45 PM
The FL-300 is quite small and not very powerful...

Ian

brianvickers
7th March 2014, 01:59 PM
I'm thinking the fl600r is what I need...is that the ultimate flash unit for the OM-D? Or would you suggest another Olympus model or even a third party model?
Thanks for taking time to look at this.

Ian
7th March 2014, 02:06 PM
FL-600R is much more like it :)

It's still reasonably compact but is more powerful and recycles faster than the 300. It comes with a stand so you can place it somewhere for remote use and can be triggered by the OM-D's mini-flash, with remote settings control.

Ian

brianvickers
7th March 2014, 02:14 PM
Thanks Ian...as long as my eBay sales conclude this weekend I will order one. Cheers!

brianvickers
12th March 2014, 09:30 PM
I've checked many reviews of Metz and other alternatives but decided on the FL600R which I've now ordered from Kerso on ebay for £225 with one year sellers warranty.....looks like a good seller so hope all goes well....should have it at the weekend.