PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Cumbria

snapper1609
4th October 2008, 02:42 PM
Hi all

Terry Haworth - new member from the small village of Camerton, near Workington in Cumbria. Retired teacher of maths and IT and don't miss teaching one bit!!!

Just joined the group having come across it accidentally via another site. Have had an e410 for nearly a year now as a first intro to DSLR. Have the two kit lens' and have since invested in the 70-300 telephoto lens.

Am really enjoying the e system but do wonder if I would have been wiser going for the e510 with IS. My wife has a Panasonic Lumix with IS and it looks useful.

Might just wait to see what the new addition to the Olympus family produces next year.

I look forward to keeping in touch with the group.

cheers

Terry

Rod Souter
4th October 2008, 03:46 PM
Welcome Terry,

I don't miss teaching either:D:D

You will find that the inhabitants are very friendly and helpful.

Rod

angelpaaul
4th October 2008, 04:05 PM
Welcome Terry,

You'll enjoy your stay here, they're a friendly bunch. Anything you want to know just ask, someone's bound to be able to help you out.

Regards - Paul

grumpy69
5th October 2008, 07:15 AM
Welcome Terry, good light weight camera I have the same, I agree with you but I am going for the E520 on friday I hope. Oh you were a teacher, Hard job, Well I don't miss being the pupil :D Yes I was like one of the many you tried to teach *moon I hope you find the funny side of that :D

theMusicMan
5th October 2008, 07:46 AM
Hi Terry and welcome to the e-group site.

You might like to keep an eye out on here and over on four thirds user site for second hand E-510's as they do go up for sale every now and then. bargains can be had now... :)

snapper1609
5th October 2008, 08:00 PM
Thanks for the welcome. Have had more time to look around and found some very useful advice already. Might have a go at the challenges as well.

My Flickr site - http://www.flickr.com/photos/25398484@N08/