PDA

View Full Version : FL-50R prices and FL-50 price reduction.

Jim
14th December 2007, 09:04 AM
Have just received my FL-50R from Ian Kerso (Flash Camera) and also had no issues registering it on the Oly website. Ian charged £249 excluding postage charges (he makes a small PayPal charge if using that method) It is US stock but are already imported to the UK and shipped from Scotland.

Anyone with worries and wanting to get genuine UK stock I noticed that Digital Depot have them listed in stock at £299 (http://www.digitaldepot.co.uk/Flashguns_&_Accessories-Olympus_Flash/c175_309/p343591/Olympus_FL-50R%3Cbr%3EElectronic_Flash/product_info.html)

Digital Depot have also dropped their prices for the older FL-50 to just £199! A bargain for those not needing the remote feature.

Ian
14th December 2007, 10:22 AM
Have just received my FL-50R from Ian Kerso (Flash Camera) and also had no issues registering it on the Oly website. Ian charged 249 excluding postage charges (he makes a small PayPal charge if using that method) It is US stock but are already imported to the UK and shipped from Scotland.

Anyone with worries and wanting to get genuine UK stock I noticed that Digital Depot have them listed in stock at 299 (http://www.digitaldepot.co.uk/Flashguns_&_Accessories-Olympus_Flash/c175_309/p343591/Olympus_FL-50R%3Cbr%3EElectronic_Flash/product_info.html)

Digital Depot have also dropped their prices for the older FL-50 to just 199! A bargain for those not needing the remote feature.

Olympus has announced a firmware upgrade for the SP560 super zoom bridge camera to make it compatible with the new wireless flash system. I wonder if there is any hope that the E-410/510 might have a similar upgrade?

Ian

Jim
14th December 2007, 10:29 AM
Ian,

You would hope that if they are offering a firmware update for the prosumer camera then they must surely be planning one for the E-System ones.

emirpprime
14th December 2007, 11:22 AM
From what the Oly guys said about why the FL30 & 50 are not compatible, it is all to do with how fast they can fire. So in theory any cam which can flash rapidly enough could be used with a firmware upgrade. Lets just hope the other pop-up flashes are fast enough :)
It would be a poor show if not.
Phil