PDA

View Full Version : HELP! FL-14 on E-30

Ralph Harwood
28th February 2014, 04:43 AM
Hi there Everyone!

I don't suppose anyone knows whether the FL-14 flash (I think it shipped with the E-P1) will work on the older E-system cameras? I have a project in mind where I will use the flash tube and fittings from a starblitz macro flash but coupled to an olympus flash to provide the power and control - ideally giving me a fully metered TTL macro flash for a minimal cost.

The Starblitz macro flash works well in manual mode but it's taking me a little while to get used to using it and getting the power level right for really close work.

The FL-14 should be ideal for this use as it is a lower power flash than most of the olympus ones and nearer the rating of the macro flash tube.

Cheers,

Ralph.

RogerRamjet
19th March 2014, 10:08 PM
How is this project going? Looking forward to seeing what gets wheeled out of the shed!

Ralph Harwood
20th March 2014, 07:38 AM
Hi there RogerRamjet!

I've not got too far yet as inconsiderate people keep outbidding me on ebay! I have the ring flash but still need the FL-14, I'm not in a huge rush so I'll keep watching and bidding and hope I'll get one sometime soon. I'll be sure to post on here when it is ready!

Cheers,

Ralph.