PDA

View Full Version : Photokina interview with Toshi Terada, Olympus product manager

CaptainD
3rd October 2008, 04:43 PM
Dpreview has posted a very interesting interview with Toshi Terada, many topics covered including the 100mm macro lens, micro four thirds, the future of the four thirds format, plus many other topics. Well worth a read if you have a spare few minutes.

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0810/08100301_olympusinterview.asp

Cheers

Chris *chr

Invicta
3rd October 2008, 06:28 PM
Dpreview has posted a very interesting interview with Toshi Terada, many topics covered including the 100mm macro lens, micro four thirds, the future of the four thirds format, plus many other topics. Well worth a read if you have a spare few minutes.

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0810/08100301_olympusinterview.asp

Cheers

Chris *chr

Thanks Chris,

Interesting read, did little to reassure the concerns voiced over the future of the E-system.

Zuiko
3rd October 2008, 10:49 PM
Thanks Chris,

Interesting read, did little to reassure the concerns voiced over the future of the E-system.

Or maybe it did. They confirmed they are not taking the route of SLR style Micro Four Thirds cameras because they don't want to compete against the existing E-System line up, notably the E420.

They also emphasised that much of the technology used in lower end SLRs and even compacts comes from developing the professional line and they have no intention of giving that up.

What was unclear was the continued use of Panny sensors and whether the new mid range DSLR will have the existing E3 sensor or the new Panny sensor as used in the G1. My guess is that the new model will not upstage the E3 unless an upgraded E3 is also planned to follow fairly soon.

R MacE
4th October 2008, 11:43 AM
I saw it as a confirmation of their commitment to the E-System but that an high end m4/3rds system was unlikely.

I read the Samsung interview too and the lack of clear direction with regard to a micro APS-C system certainly makes their initial announcement sound like wishful thinking. To be honest it makes Olympus look focussed :cool: