PDA

View Full Version : E3 & 11-22 pano

Steve Roughley
2nd October 2008, 11:48 PM
This is a rework of a photo on my website. I was not happy with the original and have spent 2 evenings redoing it.
7 images stitched together. each of the seven was a blend 2 images a light and a dark.

I wanted to try and recover more detail in the shadows without the noise that was present in my old version.
I have managed to sort out my printer banding problem so I'm going to print this out tomorrow and frame it. Something I've waited 6 months to do.

Question do I crop some off the right hand side, maybe take off the bridge. Or does the extra width balance the shot.

http://www.steveroughleyphotography.com/castle1a.jpg

Comments welcome

Steve

www.SteveRoughleyPhotography.com

StephenL
3rd October 2008, 09:52 AM
I think you should crop off the bridge on the right and the stop lights of the car. IMO they are an un-necessary distraction on an otherwise peaceful, fine shot.

PS could you clone out the scaffolding on the left?

Pete Riley
3rd October 2008, 01:09 PM
You leave it alone!! It's fine as it is

Makonde
3rd October 2008, 01:19 PM
I go for some cropping in from the left and a bit up from the bottom, along Stephen's lines. But it is a very handsome pano.

Graham_of_Rainham
3rd October 2008, 01:38 PM
I really like Panoramas and this is a great example. I too would crop off the bridge on the RHS. As for the two lights, I like it with them in as it pulls the eye across the image but as soon as I know what they are I then go back to enjoying the scene, in the same was as I would if I were there and the car lights went on. I do however find the bright spots of the castle lights a bit of a distraction, which I'd be tempted to get rid of as if they were correctly shielded (as they should be to prevent light contamination)

Overall a Great shot resulting from a lot of hard work.

*chr

Steve Roughley
3rd October 2008, 07:45 PM
Thank you all for your comments. I have printed it out now. it looks stunning.
I took the scaffolding and the car break lights out but left the bridge in.

When I frame it I will post a photo on here.

Thanks for your time to look at the image.

Steve

petrovich
4th October 2008, 06:47 AM
Well Mr Roughley, what can I say apart from very good indeed, another one for me to aspire to.....

Regards

Steve Roughley
5th October 2008, 08:17 PM
Ok its not the most professional of images with the frame sat on my chair but I framed and mounted the image today.

http://www.steveroughleyphotography.com/new%20web%20site/images/_A054602-Edit-3.jpg

Steve

shirley
5th October 2008, 09:03 PM
This looks stunning framed. I am sure you could sell lots of these:D*chr

benvendetta
6th October 2008, 12:44 PM
It is difficult to really comment on this image as it is so big and I cannot see it all on screen at the same time. I generally agree with the comments about cropping/cloning out bits of distracting detail. However, for me the image is a touch on the dark side and I would like to see a little more detail in all these areas. Other than that, it appears to be a fine image and taken at the right time of the day when there is still colour in the sky.