PDA

View Full Version : Challenge 59 - Music. Result.

corned
22nd February 2014, 11:48 AM
Without further ado, here is the winning shot from the Music challenge:

http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/data/644/Still_Got_The_Blues.jpg

Well done to Bikie John who wins by the narrowest of margins - 1 vote!

On a personal note, I have to say that I love the guy's axe - a Fender Telecaster Thinline, complete with Snark tuner on the headstock. My kinda guy!

Well done John, and good luck with taking on the next challenge. If I might offer some advice, I think it would be worth considering having a bit of a break until the next challenge, in the hope that a break generates a little more interest from the forum. Absence makes the heart grow fonder, and all that...

Bikie John
22nd February 2014, 09:30 PM
Thanks Keith, and to the other entrants and anyone who took the trouble to vote.

I think you are right about a lack of interest from the forum, there seems little point in running one if we have to cajole entries and votes out of people. If it's simply not what is wanted nowadays then perhaps it is time to let it rest in peace. I will think about it and put a posting up on the board soon to canvass opinions.

Paul will be pleased you like his guitar. He is the main front man from one of our splendid local bands, the Stone Donkey Pilots - http://www.stonedonkeypilots.co.uk/ . Their take on blues/country is unlike anything else I've heard, and they are gradually building up quite a following.

Ciao ... John

blu-by-u
25th February 2014, 02:41 AM
Congratulations *chr...Next...:D

themosttogain
25th February 2014, 09:06 AM
I'm a relative newcomer, and I for one am looking forward to getting involved in the next challenge when it's announced. I joined too late to find out about the last one, so i've been keeping an eye out for challenge 60 - hope you don't take too long a break before you choose the theme!

bilbo
25th February 2014, 09:40 AM
I think that the format of sending entries to the member running the competition instead of posting them in a competition thread is limiting.

If there were a living thread being built in front of us, that would keep the comp in view. That should generate interest and we might find more entries being made.

Just a thought.

Janet
25th February 2014, 03:36 PM
There may also be people who don't have the time to organise and collate competition entries sent via email, so may not enter just in case they win! It does seem a rather complicated way to do things...

Janet

Ianf
25th February 2014, 09:04 PM
There may also be people who don't have the time to organise and collate competition entries sent via email, so may not enter just in case they win! It does seem a rather complicated way to do things...

Janet

Agree wholeheartedly

cliff
25th February 2014, 10:04 PM
Maybe we could upload to a dedicated gallery and have it "opened" on a set date were we could peruse at our leisure and cast our votes using 1st-2nd-3rd buttons much like the thanks and like buttons at the base of normal posts ? (but not showing until the close of voting)

May need a fair bit of input from a mod ?

Plus maybe a sub category for non E-** system Olympus cameras following the same theme, as this would get more people involved. (all just for fun)

BTW well done John on the win, nice shot *chr

On a side note, just noticed that if you post here it doesn't seem to get added to the home page post list...?

Bikie John
8th March 2014, 11:25 AM
I haven't forgotten about this, just been thnking about it and pondering how best to move it forward. Oh lordy, I just used some management bollocks-speak, I will have to rinse the keyboard out with soap :)

There is clearly an appetite for some sort of challenge, as we can see with the "Mystery object" thread. A few people would like another one in the current style, but it appears to not meet the needs of most members. Once I can come up with some coherent suggestions I will create a new thread, in the meantime if you have any comments please feel free to add them here.

And Mods, if you spot this .... could you unsticky all the old ones on this board please and maybe just sticky the currently active threads.

Ciao ... John