PDA

View Full Version : How lazy and silly !

bully74uk
1st October 2008, 09:16 PM
Ive had my E510 for a few months now and have to admit that I haven't really looked at the manual.

Had a look tonight and can't believe how many functions I didn't even know my camera had :o

Zooming of the frame in live mode which according to the manual could assist with MF is just one feature that I found.

Etc etc etc etc :o

Think I need to get a nice bottle of red wine at the weekend (to go with my red face) and have a proper read so that I can really understand how she works and what she can do (the camera that is) :D

Barr1e
1st October 2008, 09:56 PM
I have had mine for some time and am still learning. I shall have more than a headache fairly soon. :eek:

Keep looking.

Regards. Barr1e

snaarman
1st October 2008, 10:10 PM
Oh yes.. I made the move from E400 to E510. So many options, so many clever tricks! Excellent camera.

Equally, the E400 feels really small and light each time I pick it up :)

Pete

ruijunipero
31st October 2008, 11:32 AM
Hello
I've already took about 10000 photos with my E-510 and i'm still learning and finding .
See this site good way to learn about
http://www.wrotniak.net/photo/43/e500-sett.html

Ellie
31st October 2008, 06:14 PM
I think you can sometimes learn more from reading the manual a few months after you've got a new camera. By then you've tried it out and are ready to experiment a bit.

Jim Ford
31st October 2008, 08:06 PM
I think you can sometimes learn more from reading the manual

We men don't need to read manuals. All manuals - cars, DVD players, cameras etc. are encoded into our DNA!
;^)

Jim

Garrie
31st October 2008, 08:31 PM
We men don't need to read manuals. All manuals - cars, DVD players, cameras etc. are encoded into our DNA!
;^)

Jim

*chr ;)

i wish...

gno
31st October 2008, 08:36 PM
;^)

Jim

I keep telling my wife this, but she insists on reading the manual to me!

Regards

Gavin

Rod Souter
31st October 2008, 10:06 PM
;^)

Jim

Q: How do you keep your husband from reading your e-mail?
A: Rename the mail folder 'Instruction Manual.'

:D:D:D:D

Rod

Barr1e
1st November 2008, 11:49 AM
Q: How do you keep your husband from reading your e-mail?
A: Rename the mail folder 'Instruction Manual.'

:D:D:D:D

Rod

:confused:

:D

Regards. Barr1e

OlyPaul
1st November 2008, 12:13 PM
LOL Barrie :D

Reminds me of the old saying "Real men don't ask directions they just get lost"

dwarfe
7th November 2008, 03:07 AM
I looked through manual when I first got camera but found it confusing. Reading again a few months down the line and it makes more sense and I learned more then.

"We men don't need to read manuals. All manuals - cars, DVD players, cameras etc. are encoded into our DNA!"

if thats true it expains alot must manuals are in pigeon english and hard to understand so I guess thats why I could never understand men;)

Ellie
8th November 2008, 01:13 AM
:D excellent response!

I've been trying to work out something suitable to say ever since Jim Ford sneakily heavily edited my comment before he quoted it! :p

photo_owl
8th November 2008, 11:51 AM
I actually find that I like to read the manual cover to cover early on - not to establish how but to get a feeling for what exists.

Follow this with Wrotniak to get the basic settings.

Then back in the real world I find myself recalling functions when faced with 'problems' or opportunities! Then it's intially back to the manual to find out how to implement them - but later it becomes more intuitive as to how they were (probably) implemented.