PDA

View Full Version : Oly 9-18 verses sigma 10-20.

alfbranch
1st February 2014, 12:47 AM
So as not to clutter THIS (http://e-group.uk.net/forum/showthread.php?t=31127)thread too much.
Please note this about 4/3 not M4/3.

How is the image quality of the Oly 9-19mm verses the Sigma 10-20mm. I have a 12-60 which I use lot but I would like a wider lens. I hate the Oly focus by wire system and so I dont fancy the 9-18. Many of my shots are taken by setting the focusing in manual to a set distance setting the required aperture and firing away to get maximum dof. This is not possible with FBW hence the dislike.

I cannot afford what I want which is a 7-14mm.

Ralph Harwood
1st February 2014, 01:17 AM
Hi there Alf!

I have been very happy with my Sigma 10-20mm, I haven't had the opertunity to try the 9-18mm oly. I'll have a dig about to see if I have any images taken with it for you to judge the IQ (bearing in mind that the photographer is probably the limiting factor!)

Cheers,

Ralph.

Stewart G
1st February 2014, 03:58 AM
I have the 9-18 but wish I'd bought the 11-22 instead. The former is quite nice, very sharp and light weight, but used prices on the latter are similar, at least over here. And my 9-18 did fall apart recently, the outer element ejected itself onto the ground like a limp skyrocket, which cost a third of the purchaser price to repair. Which only only half answers your question, I guess....

alfbranch
1st February 2014, 10:28 AM
Thanks for the info so far guys.