PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Texas

joeletx
29th September 2008, 07:08 PM
I am new for this site but have been several sites dedicated to four third and/or Olympus cameras. I am currently using the E-3 with 18mm-180mm as main lens. I stil have two legacy OM lens from the OM4-4 but have not used it much even though I have bought the MF-1 adapter. This is a very good site with many great photos.

Barr1e
29th September 2008, 09:32 PM
Hi joeletx -

Hi and welcome.

I have seen you around and am looking forward to seeing some of your shots.

Regards. Barr1e

Graham_of_Rainham
29th September 2008, 09:39 PM
Welcome.

My only time in Texas was stuck on the runway at Dallas Fort Worth, in 4 inches of ice, for 4 hours. :(

I hope your pictures will show it in the great way everyone tells me it is :)

*chr

Ellie
30th September 2008, 04:55 PM
Hi joeletx, welcome to the forum :)

Adam
2nd October 2008, 06:49 AM
Hello there, pleased to meet you.
Adam..

theMusicMan
2nd October 2008, 07:02 AM
Hey Joel, welcome to e-group - it is very good to have you here.

Can I ask how you are finding the 18-180mm lens with your E-3. I tried this only once, at a camera store in Cardiff and though I thought the range of focal length quite usable and appealing, I found it to be a little soft in the images I looked at when I have loaded them into the Mac. I opted for the 70-300mm a little later and haven't regretted it.

Texas eh... :) it's a part (a huge part, I know) of the US I haven't been privileged to get to visit, but it's certainly somewhere I'd love to visit - the nature and bird life must be superb.

So Joel, what's your main area of photography...?

maccabeej
2nd October 2008, 12:24 PM
Hi there. I lived in Dallas for six months in in 69. I remember taking some great shots on a trip to Lake Texoma (spelling) most now missing I think. A great place to photograph.
Jim:)