PDA

View Full Version : Compatible FL-CB05 TTL sync cord required.

Dave in Wales
18th January 2014, 11:37 AM
Recommendations please for a good 'short' aftermaket FL-CB05 TTL sync cord...not ebay and not Canon.

Pixel do one but it's not available.

Godfrey
18th January 2014, 02:55 PM
Recommendations please for a good 'short' aftermaket FL-CB05 TTL sync cord...not ebay and not Canon.

Pixel do one but it's not available.

A friend of mine took the FL-CB05, cut the ends about 3" long (before the coiled portion) and fitted male and female RJ45 plug connector sockets to them. Now he can get any length flash remote cable he wants by buying standard ethernet cabling, made to the length desired.

I have two FL-CB05 cables, and have been thinking of doing the same with one of them.

G

photo_owl
18th January 2014, 08:46 PM

I'll bite - why not a Canon one?

Dave in Wales
19th January 2014, 06:19 AM
I'll bite - why not a Canon one?

Simply because I don't want a Canon one.

Ross the fiddler
19th January 2014, 09:21 AM
Simply because I don't want a Canon one.

Actually, the lever locking mechanism on the Canon one is nicer & quicker to use than the thumb-wheel. OK, I'll go & wash my mouth out! :p

Dave in Wales
19th January 2014, 10:14 AM
Actually, the lever locking mechanism on the Canon one is nicer & quicker to use than the thumb-wheel. OK, I'll go & wash my mouth out! :p

There is another reason actually, but I feel a bit daft in giving it :mad:

Canon has 5 pins, Oly/Panny have 4, as you are aware, I don't want the redundant pin sitting on plastic and maybe leaving an impression.

Told you it was daft, now you can go and have a good laugh.*laugh

The ones AM ones that are sold here are shown as Canon but branded as Oly/Panny and they have 5 pins.

JJC FC-O3 Olympus Compatible FL-CB05 Off Camera Shoe: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41r97cXsGCL.@@AMEPARAM@@41r97cXsGCL
Off Camera Flash Cord for Olympus Cameras. FL-CB05: Amazon.co.uk: Camera & Photo@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41d0qIM53gL.@@AMEPARAM@@41d0qIM53gL

Ross the fiddler
19th January 2014, 10:56 AM
There is another reason actually, but I feel a bit daft in giving it :mad:

Canon has 5 pins, Oly/Panny have 4, as you are aware, I don't want the redundant pin sitting on plastic and maybe leaving an impression.

Told you it was daft, now you can go and have a good laugh.*laugh

*sarc Me laugh? Of course I did! *laugh

That may be a consideration many of us wouldn't have thought of & it's fine if you want to protect the visual state of of your camera (or for whatever other reason). *yes

*chr

EDIT: You could always grind that pin back if there was no other cable available. *shrug

Dave in Wales
19th January 2014, 01:14 PM
*sarc Me laugh? Of course I did! *laugh

That may be a consideration many of us wouldn't have thought of & it's fine if you want to protect the visual state of of your camera (or for whatever other reason). *yes

*chr

EDIT: You could always grind that pin back if there was no other cable available. *shrug

I did consider taking the hot shoe apart and removing said pin, but that would probably bugger the shoe, no doubt it cloips together.