PDA

View Full Version : New Exhibition

DTD
11th January 2014, 08:03 PM
http://daviddunnico.files.wordpress.com/2014/01/first-last-general-web-version.jpg
My new photography exhibition started today and runs until Saturday 8 February at Stockport Art Gallery. It’s a sort of retrospective in that it re-shows two of my earlier projects side-by-side: ‘Memento Mori’ was my first solo exhibition, which you may have seen at Salford Museum and Art Gallery in 2007, and ‘A Tree Made of Real Wood’, which was my last solo exhibition and was shown at the Waterside Arts Centre in Sale last year (that’s why it’s called ‘First and Last’). The gallery also houses the town’s war memorial, which gives ‘Memento Mori’ an added resonance and is well worth a visit – the gallery was threatened with closure last year and relies on volunteers for much of its continued existence.

Stockport Art Gallery and War Memorial
Wellington Road South
Stockport
SK3 8AB

Monday: Closed
Tuesday to Friday: 1pm – 5pm
Saturday: 10am – 5pm
Sunday: 11am – 5pm

Zuiko
11th January 2014, 09:32 PM
Good luck with the exhibition, David, I wish I lived nearer! *chr

DTD
11th January 2014, 11:11 PM
Cheers – one day perhaps I'll get an exhibition nearer you.

Wee man
11th January 2014, 11:21 PM
Best of luck with it.

sapper
12th January 2014, 08:24 AM
I remember the War memorial in Stockport, used to visit on my way home from school.Shame I cannot visit your exhibition, bit too far to travel from here, hope it goes well.

DTD
13th January 2014, 09:23 PM
`i think the fact the war memorial is (unusually) inside the building is one of the reasons the council were persuaded to keep it open.