PDA

View Full Version : Going Back to Basics with The Wonderful E-300 !!

jmoh
8th January 2014, 09:01 PM
Hi folks,

Its been Eons since I last posted here...*zzz In recent years , I have been tied down with my work commitments, a Forum to Moderate and my very own Blog for the first time....:p

The past few years I have been doing some Reviews for Oly Malaysia and gotten a little tired of Tech Chase....*yes But recently, by chance, I purchase a almost Mint condition E-300, and Things has change so much since. This camera has rejuvenate and help me Relive my Old self all over again ... *chr It has made me realize how Lazy and Too dependent I am on all those Autos, Filters, Touch screens & Art Filters for the past few years.

After some shots and comparing it to the present Oly cams, I realize how Warm, Natural & Beautiful those '' Kodak Sensors '' colours are...*chr I have decided to hold on to this baby till the shutter count says its time to let go ...!!

Some of my recent Pics of those '' Kodak Moments '' are posted over at my New Blog here : http://jamesmoh.blogspot.com Please take grace in any Mistake or Typo that I might have made, as I am a slow Typist and one prone to errors ... Ha,Ha.

Here are some shots done recently with the E-300 & 14-45 kit lens ;

Take care and have a Nice day ahead ...!!

My Blogspot : http://jamesmoh.blogspot.com

Mods and Co-Founder of Malaysia's only 4/3 site here:

http://mychiaroscuro.net/forums/

Cheers !! ...James Moh.

Ian
9th January 2014, 09:02 AM
I always had a sweet spot for the E-330 and still have one although the screen is a little tremperamental sometimes.

Best not use attachments for photos, please - use image insert or the gallery for best use.

Ian

Ian
9th January 2014, 09:06 AM
Ooops, I thought you meant E-330 :) You actually meant the E-300. I have one of those too but it never really clicked with me like the E-330 did!

Ian

Zuiko
9th January 2014, 09:47 AM
There's still a lot of life in those "old" cameras and the results are still as good as when they were the latest whiz-bang thing at the time. I'm still amazed by the JPEG quality (at base ISO) of my E-500.

jmoh
9th January 2014, 06:06 PM
I always had a sweet spot for the E-330 and still have one although the screen is a little tremperamental sometimes.

Best not use attachments for photos, please - use image insert or the gallery for best use.

Ian

Hi Ian,

How are you ? Believe you're in excellent health and Happily snapping away as usual....*chr Thanks for dropping in, and I bet you can't remember me anymore as there Thousands of new members now ...Ha,Ha.

As for the Pics, Yup, I forgot all about the Insertion from the Gallery...:D It shows that I am really away for too long . As the format of this forum is almost similar to ours back here, I just thought doing an Attachments from the computer will do.

Thanks again Ian and Cheers ....*chr*chr*chr*

Regards ...James Moh.

jmoh
9th January 2014, 06:19 PM
There's still a lot of life in those "old" cameras and the results are still as good as when they were the latest whiz-bang thing at the time. I'm still amazed by the JPEG quality (at base ISO) of my E-500.

Hi Zuiko,

Yup, there's definitely tons of Life left in those '' Kodak sensors ''...*chr I have compared some recent release by Oly, and I must say they all lack that '' Warm '' film like looks of the Kodak sensors ( Just my opinion ) ...:) They are looks a tat artificial to my eyes. Well, maybe I still have some '' Film Blood '' left in me,in this Digital age .... Ha,Ha.

Thanks again mate ...*chr*chr*chr

Regards ......James Moh.