PDA

View Full Version : Use of Images and other matters

Mark Thackara
30th December 2013, 11:05 AM
Dear all,

In wishing you all best wishes for 2014 and thanking you for your support in this and previous years, I take this opportunity to reassure everyone that we will tighten up procedures in future.

There has been a tasset understanding that most people like to have images featured and when it has been for modest projects I think this works, as long as they are correctly credited.

However, as the scope of commercial projects increases we need to take a more formal view.

I am more than willing to have people approach us with images they feel may be worth using and we will continue to look for suitable ones ourselves but we will ensure there is a formal agreement prior to use.

There is also the issue of competitions, promotions, events and resources. 2014 must be a year with less over-promising. We will continue to do things but will be more careful about delivery.

Here is to 2014 and beyond. The roadmap looks very interesting, the overall picture a lot more positive.

Regards Mark

Can we agree that it is fair to allow for the odd mistake and give us the chance to correct where needed?

Wee man
30th December 2013, 11:18 AM
Thanks Mark and good wishes to you and the company.

Phill D
30th December 2013, 11:24 AM
Happy New Year Mark. Sounds sensible and pragmatic to me. I look forward to what you have in mind for the future.

Bikie John
30th December 2013, 11:43 AM
Thanks Mark, best wishes to you and yours.

We all make mistakes, if we didn't we wouldn't learn much.

John

catkins
30th December 2013, 11:57 AM
In an ever more complex world of digital imagery and its mass production by a demanding consumer base;
where professional photographers survive off an ever-decreasing moneypot while having to compete with enthusiasts keen to have their image used and displayed for free for all to see;
in a world that sometimes sees the order of life upturned by either success or by failure;
in all that life brings,
let's remember the sheer pleasure and enjoyment that photography brings;
the opportunities to challenge, to expand our capabilities and to explore;
and remember that at least we're all different but are all the same.
Here's to Olympus who nearly lost all but who now have hope, and all the others in a challenging world;
here's to the Forum, the photographers and the passion that we share,
here's to 2014 and lots of wassail
Thank you Olympus UK, despite the turmoils, I like my E-M1 lots but please please send me a new E-7 in due course!

Regards
Chris

gazza95
30th December 2013, 12:14 PM
Mark, many thanks for the huge effort you and your team put in during 2013. It certainly created a significant interest and its associated challenges.

Wishing you continued success in 2014.

Gary

Bluegrass Jim
30th December 2013, 10:03 PM
Hello Mark,
Thanks from me to you and Olympus for your efforts this year, the EM-5 is my first digital camera after my OM days and it is brilliant. I am really pleased with the images it can produce especially with the 60mm macro. Wishing you all the best for 2014.
Regards Jim.