PDA

View Full Version : Challenge 59 - MUSIC

corned
15th December 2013, 04:48 PM
I guess it's time to post up the next photo challenge. I hope I have done this correctly. Please let me know if I have not! :)

The theme for the next challenge is : MUSIC.

This can take many forms - performances, instruments, musicians - as long as they are in the process of creating music! I would prefer that Christmas carol singers are NOT included in this challenge! But a Sally Army band, for example, would be ok... :)

Please send your entries to me by E-mail: kwilson @ ironteam dot co dot uk before midnight Sunday 19th January 2014.

Good luck!

General rules:
==================

Max. 800 pixels in width or height
Up to 512KB
EXIF intact
Taken by you on an E-series (4/3 or m4/3) camera between 16th December 2013 and 19th January 2014 inclusive.
Include your name, your forum moniker and a title for the picture.

Full rules:
==================
1. Photos should be taken (dated in EXIF) between 16th December 2013 and 19th January 2014 inclusive and sent in during that period. Photos will be posted in the gallery after 19th January 2014. We will vote in the week following, results announced soon after voting closes. More reminders and details nearer the date.

2. You must be the photographer who created the picture in order to enter the challenge, and all entries must be visibly anonymous and should be sent to the challenge organiser. You must indicate (a) your real name, (b) your e-group forum name and (c) a title for your photo, in the email. Any entries that are not clearly identifiable and verifiable won't be entered into the challenge.

3. Entries to the challenge :

Should contain no watermarks, distinguishing effects and no borders
Must be jpg format and no more than 800 pixels on the longest edge
Must have been taken on an Olympus E-* camera
Must have all EXIF data included for the organiser to verify.
Max file size to suit the gallery here is 512kb.
4. You need to be registered on e-group.uk.net forums to qualify for entry into the challenge. The organiser may also enter the challenge (the entries are anonymous and the organiser is trusted to record votes accurately).

5. Only one entry permitted per challenge please. But if you want to withdraw an entry or replace it with another that's OK, you must make it clear in an email to the challenge organiser before the closing date, also ensure the email contains clear instructions and (if required) your replacement picture.

6. Voting on the challenge:

Any registered member of the e-group forum may vote, including those who submit entries.
Those who submit entries may vote for their own photo but are expected to allot their choices fairly on perceived merit.
Voters should list their three choices in order of preference, by display number and title to avoid confusion.
Points will be allotted as follows: three to first choice, two to second choice, one to third choice.

gregles
15th December 2013, 05:29 PM
That is a great theme for a Challenge:)

Bikie John
15th December 2013, 06:31 PM
Ooohhh, right up my street :)

Thanks corned for picking up the baton and taking it on, here's hoping we get a good crop of entries.

Ciao ... John

macmcgill
16th December 2013, 10:56 AM
I would have loved to have a go, but shipping out on the 18th for a month. Good luck to all who do enter.

Bikie John
16th December 2013, 11:43 AM
That's a shame, I was looking forward to seeing some more of your gig shots.

Hope the trip goes well ... John

Chevvyf1
16th December 2013, 01:29 PM
can I just say Rules say E series perhaps it needs to be Olympus 4/3 or m.43 camera ... just a thought as some may think they are excluded :)

StephenL
16th December 2013, 01:32 PM
can I just say Rules say E series perhaps it needs to be Olympus 4/3 or m.43 camera ... just a thought as some may think they are excluded :)
Not sure if I know any Olympus 4/3 or m4/3 camera which isn't an E-*?

corned
16th December 2013, 05:18 PM
Also we would have to change the name of the group. :p

alfbranch
16th December 2013, 08:31 PM

Not sure if I know any Olympus 4/3 or m4/3 camera which isn't an E-*?

I am when I use a my Xz-1 though as is Mark with the XZ-2

StephenL
16th December 2013, 09:18 PM
The XZs aren't E System. The challenge is for E System cameras. The group was set up as the E System User Group.

Chevvyf1
17th December 2013, 11:54 AM
The XZs aren't E System. The challenge is for E System cameras. The group was set up as the E System User Group.

Stephen, that is precisely what I mean. :D but they are allowed ? are they ?
but not other makes than Olympus ?

StephenL
17th December 2013, 12:41 PM
If the rules say E System cameras, then those are the only cameras allowed. Not XZs, not C2020s. (I didn't write the rules :) ).

Ross the fiddler
17th December 2013, 12:56 PM

They're both (& all) E series still! :rolleyes:

My music photos happened in October, so maybe I might share some of those photos eventually in Foto Fare.

Chevvyf1
17th December 2013, 01:48 PM
If the rules say E System cameras, then those are the only cameras allowed. Not XZs, not C2020s. (I didn't write the rules :) ).

See, I did not know that they are not E-System :(

What about the Pens ?

Ross the fiddler
17th December 2013, 01:56 PM
See, I did not know that they are not E-System :(

What about the Pens ?

And the PEN names are...? E-P5, E-PL5 & E-PM2 etc. ;)

Chevvyf1
17th December 2013, 02:04 PM
And the PEN names are...? E-P5, E-PL5 & E-PM2 etc. ;)

Ross *chr Thanks so much *chr

I don't know what I would do if you were asleep ... :)

gregles
17th December 2013, 05:40 PM
What does the E stand for?

Ross the fiddler
18th December 2013, 01:05 AM

And that was when there was no high end compact that an 'E' System User could use, but now we have these advanced compacts with a lot of Menu & operational options that are the same as the DSLR's, PEN's & OM-D's, so maybe the rules have become a little 'Decrepit'. :rolleyes: ;) :confused:

Chevvyf1
18th December 2013, 08:24 AM
And that was when there was no high end compact that an 'E' System User could use, but now we have these advanced compacts with a lot of Menu & operational options that are the same as the DSLR's, PEN's & OM-D's, so maybe the rules have become a little 'Decrepit'. :rolleyes: ;) :confused:

Ross, good point - is OM-D and E system ? Can I enter ? :eek:

Ross the fiddler
18th December 2013, 08:33 AM
Ross, good point - is OM-D and E system ? Can I enter ? :eek:

:confused: *erm *yes

It is an E-M1 after all & not just the ONE. ;)

timmypreston
19th December 2013, 12:33 PM
What does the E stand for?

Evolt? I think.

Imageryone
29th December 2013, 11:08 AM
I thought the original was E for Evolution ?

blu-by-u
8th January 2014, 04:33 AM
Sorry for being ignorant, How does one submit photo for the challenge? I went to the gallery but there is no listing for this music. Is it not open yet? or am I doing something wrong?.

StephenL
8th January 2014, 08:15 AM
Sorry for being ignorant, How does one submit photo for the challenge? I went to the gallery but there is no listing for this music. Is it not open yet? or am I doing something wrong?.
If you read the first post in this thread, it tells you where to send your photos. :)

blu-by-u
9th January 2014, 02:02 AM
Thanks. Went thru the posting, it's email :D and there I was hunting all over the gallery to see where to post it.:D

corned
20th January 2014, 05:25 PM
Please note:

The deadline has been extended until Sunday 2nd February 2014 to allow extra time for some more entries to arrive.

alfbranch
31st January 2014, 03:22 PM

I rather agree

Bikie John
31st January 2014, 05:54 PM
And coincidentally a nice bump up the listings to remind people that it now closes on Sunday......

John

Chevvyf1
31st January 2014, 06:43 PM
Maybe Ian will update them ? for us ?

OR John (Musicman or Zuiko) ???

corned
2nd February 2014, 09:20 PM
Last call for entries! You still have just under 3 hours to send one in.