PDA

View Full Version : Wow, that touch screen is fast!

brian1208
2nd December 2013, 02:24 PM
I have not played with the touch screen before (I have the LCD off 99%+ of the time, except for a bit of Chimping) but was having a go with my mobile phone and the Android App this morning

I thought I would see how the touch screen worked as a camera control tool and was amazed at the speed with which the camera focused then took a shot, it seemed to be almost instantaneous

May be interesting to have a go when working on the tripod with my bubble photography and the like

As to the App, I still find it annoying that I can't set it up then use the camera the way I want ie: via the EVF with the shots instantly downloading to my tablet for closer inspection

More playing needed, when I'm in a more "Olympus" frame of mind, maybe ;)

Daveart
2nd December 2013, 03:20 PM
Hi Brian, I have noticed even on the EM5 it is instantainious focus and taking the shot before your fimger can move off the screen the shot is on the card, I have tried it on several points on distance from the camera snd itd the same speed.

Dave

pvasc
2nd December 2013, 09:17 PM
What lenses were you using? I know it's blazingly fast with the 45mm. I used it, (the touchscreen), with my grandson running at me, the heck with tracking, every shot was in focus. That was with the PL5.

brian1208
2nd December 2013, 10:07 PM
it was with the 75-300 on the front