PDA

View Full Version : Firmware 1.1 issue?

gazza95
1st December 2013, 02:51 PM
Not sure if this bug arrived in 1.1 or has been there for some time.

Was out testing C-AF today trying to understand it better and came across the following. If you press shutter fully down and then release before camera actually gets focus it will carry on focusing and then take a picture when it finally does.

If release lag is set to Normal it does not take picture but carries on trying to focus.

Gary

brian1208
1st December 2013, 05:23 PM
I think that's normal behaviour, my EM-5 does it as well as my EM-1 (before and after the update)

gazza95
1st December 2013, 09:17 PM
thanks for feedback Brian.

magicaxeman
1st December 2013, 11:35 PM
Its generally called "mashing" the shutter, press fully down and release, the camera will then lock AF and take the shot.
It can be a handy technique at times.

jamespetts
2nd December 2013, 12:18 AM
I think that this can be disabled by setting "release priority" to on in the menus.

Ross the fiddler
2nd December 2013, 01:35 AM
Its generally called "mashing" the shutter, press fully down and release, the camera will then lock AF and take the shot.
It can be a handy technique at times.

It can also be an embarrassing handicap too (which is what happens with S-AF+MF with the E-30) when it won't lock focus at an event, the camera is lowered as the moment is lost & the shutter fires as it points at the floor (& the E30 shutter isn't quiet) & then people look at you wondering what on earth you're taking a photo of. :o *ohwell