PDA

View Full Version : anyone goint to the Hawk conservancy tomoorow?

brian1208
24th November 2013, 08:56 PM
I've just looked at the forecast and its showing cold but bright and as my wife is meeting her sister in Winchester tomorrow I plan a quick trip to the HCT to give the replacement EM-1 a bit of a work out

Just wondered if anyone else may be there?

Chevvyf1
24th November 2013, 09:19 PM
I've just looked at the forecast and its showing cold but bright and as my wife is meeting her sister in Winchester tomorrow I plan a quick trip to the HCT to give the replacement EM-1 a bit of a work out

LURVE to but have 5 x kiddy winks for the day :)

brian1208
24th November 2013, 09:22 PM
Oh well, maybe another time Chevvy :)

David Morison
24th November 2013, 09:57 PM

Too far for me but I'm looking forward to all those images to come!

David

Chevvyf1
24th November 2013, 10:22 PM
Oh well, maybe another time Chevvy :)

Brian, I shall wait until Spring/Summer for birds at Hawk Con or wild Red kites :)

BTW which lens did you use most at the BiP studio shoot ? :D

brian1208
24th November 2013, 10:40 PM
BIP studio was a mix of the 60mm macro and my Oly 40-150 at around 110mm. Some of the best were with the 40-150 but that was in part because I was able to stand off and shoot through the others there (about 6 of us in the group)

Chevvyf1
25th November 2013, 08:59 AM
BIP studio was a mix of the 60mm macro and my Oly 40-150 at around 110mm. Some of the best were with the 40-150 but that was in part because I was able to stand off and shoot through the others there (about 6 of us in the group)

Thanks Brian - I was thinking the 60 macro and maybe my 45 ?

If you want to try my 75-300 phone me I shall be home today ... I shall pm my no.

Alpha1
25th November 2013, 12:00 PM
Would love to come Brian; unfortunately I'm down with a bad chest infection and my guardian angel(warder!), won't let me! :mad:

The HCT is one of my favourite places in the UK and a perfect place to test one's BIF skills! The African Cape Vultures are just quite amazing and definitely my favourites, but the African Fish Eagles and various Falcons are also an even greater test of one's shutter skills.

I kook forward to seeing your images with much envy!*yes

brian1208
25th November 2013, 02:33 PM
As it turned out I only stayed for a while. The light wasn't as good as promised but the killer was my "arthritics" playing up, my shoulders were so painful I could hardly hold the camera

Anyway, I got a few shots (ISO600 in the majority of cases) and no obvious camera problems :)

I'll process them and see how they look and share anything of interest.

Club Studio Night tonight, fine art nude silhouettes, a first for me and the EM-1! :)

Chevvyf1
25th November 2013, 06:02 PM

Club Studio Night tonight, fine art nude silhouettes, a first for me and the EM-1! :)

sorry to hear of your arm pains :(

ps is the Studio male or female nudes ? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: and what age group ? ;) ;)

brian1208
25th November 2013, 06:08 PM
I'll let you know when I find out Chevvy, we are having a "teach-in" by one of our members who runs his own model agency so it could be anyone (or anything! ;) )

Chevvyf1
25th November 2013, 07:20 PM
I'll let you know when I find out Chevvy, we are having a "teach-in" by one of our members who runs his own model agency so it could be anyone (or anything! ;) )

oooh! how very exciting :) I am looking forward to seeing an image or two :)

ps did you get my pm early this morning re 75-300 ?

Alpha1
25th November 2013, 07:44 PM
As it turned out I only stayed for a while. The light wasn't as good as promised but the killer was my "arthritics" playing up, my shoulders were so painful I could hardly hold the camera

Anyway, I got a few shots (ISO600 in the majority of cases) and no obvious camera problems :)

I'll process them and see how they look and share anything of interest.

Should be a great tonic for the shoulders!! ;)

brian1208
25th November 2013, 09:43 PM
A bit of a disaster tonight, there was a major smash on the A338 which trapped the model, husband and agent, so by the time she arrived it was a short chance to get to know her, check out a few ideas and rearrange for this Wednesday

In the meantime we had all beggared about trying silhouettes of each other (fully clad - thank the lord! :p)

Peter_Hartland
25th November 2013, 09:44 PM
Missed this posting, I could have met you there today as they were re-wiring the office this afternoon at Boscombe Down so got in early & finished at 11am past right by on the way home. Let me know next time you want to go.

brian1208
25th November 2013, 09:55 PM
Will do Peter, this was a bit of a last minute decision (as they often are with me) but its always nice to meet up with people there

brian1208
25th November 2013, 10:00 PM
A couple of my shots, messing about with back-lit silhouettes

Who's looking at Who?
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7370/11056593276_4ec992b28f_o.jpg

A nice cup of tea Mr Hitchcock?
http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2873/11056666393_1da4c6bbbd_o.jpg