PDA

View Full Version : HLD-7 question.

paullus
24th November 2013, 10:12 AM
Good morning.
While using my M-1 with the HLD-7 over the past week I found something unusual. After a couple of days I got the low battery warning in the EVF. I removed the grip and turned the camera back on and saw the battery indicator showing full. When I replaced the grip the low warning was on.
Is there a switching sensor which allows the battery in the grip to discharge before switching over to the battery in the body?
I must admit I didn't wait to see what happens if I'd continued to use the camera with the low warning showing.
Cheers,

Steve

pault
24th November 2013, 10:50 AM
Hi. There is a setting in the menu. It looks like yours is set to use battery in trio first then auto switch to camera battery when the grip gets low. You can set priority in settings.
pault

Olybirder
24th November 2013, 11:06 AM
Menu Cog K 'Utility' - you can select Battery Priority. It is on page 98 of the manual.

Ron

Ross the fiddler
24th November 2013, 11:32 AM
When battery priority is set (I prefer to use the grip battery first), it should show PBH under the battery symbol when it's using the grip battery & once flat & using the camera's battery it will just show the battery symbol. It should be default set to using the grip first (I think) which is a safer way (for me) to use the batteries because the grip battery can be changed when exhausted at your convenience when out & about (assuming you have more spares) while the camera's battery still has plenty of juice left in it. It's a good idea to swap the batteries over after a couple of charges to keep both batteries being fully used every 2nd recharge & that way they won't get that memory limit with them.

paullus
24th November 2013, 01:21 PM
Thank you all for that. I have just downloaded the manual and clearly I now need to read it thoroughly. There is indeed a PBH symbol in the EVF so I have it set as you do Ross, which seems the most logical and convenient.
Cheers,
Steve