PDA

View Full Version : Aviation website photo request

DerekC
23rd November 2013, 08:22 AM
I was contacted by David Harrigan from "Aviation Heritage Lincolnshire" website. The website promotes the museums and other aviation sites around Lincolnshire.
He had seen a photo of mine taken of the Lancaster at East Kirkby at night.
I was asked if they could use on the home page of the website for a couple of months.
So it is now on the website for I think a couple of months.

Link to the website http://www.visitlincolnshire.com/aviation/default.aspx

Wally
23rd November 2013, 08:27 AM
Three things spring to mind - easy to see why they thought it worth putting up = great photo. Nice to be asked rather than ripped off and, finally, you got your well deserved 15' of fame.

Pleased for you on all three counts.

OlyPaul
23rd November 2013, 08:54 AM
I agree with Wally on the first two and congratulations, not sure about the second though as I could not see anywhere where you were credited with the image.

bilbo
23rd November 2013, 09:13 AM
I agree with Paul - get them to credit the photo to you and acknowledge your copyright...

Wally
23rd November 2013, 11:41 AM
:o Sorry took it for granted that as it was requested to be displayed, the credit would have been applied automatically... apparently, this was not the case.

David M
23rd November 2013, 01:39 PM
They'll be paying a higher rate for not including a credit.

OM USer
25th November 2013, 10:35 AM
It was a good picture. Congtaulations on having it recognised as such.

Iansky
25th November 2013, 10:42 AM
Always nice to see your work in print but they should at least credit you!

DerekC
25th November 2013, 10:56 AM
Thanks for the comments.
Regarding the credit it has been sorted, they have recognised that a credit hasn't been put on the website so it should be done soon.

Beagletorque
13th September 2014, 10:57 PM
Still there, 10 months and counting!

DerekC
13th September 2014, 11:23 PM
Thanks I was suprised they used the image for so long. I asked my contact and he said they didn't change the image as they were using it to promote the visit of the Canadian Lancaster.
By the way those who questioned the credit by leaving the mouse pointer over the image the credit is displayed.

Yorkie
14th September 2014, 10:27 AM
And I can see why the request came!!!!!

Congratulations a fantastic shot *chr