PDA

View Full Version : MMF-3 attachment tricky first time

BDennis
18th November 2013, 01:51 AM
My first post here...

Did anyone else find the attachment of the MMF-3 difficult? I found the attachment of the adaptor physically impeded after turning a small amount the first time I tried it. What happens is, the adaptor has to be pushed in against the rubber seal or it won't turn and engage, just a sickening metal-on-metal not going anywhere feeling. I had to try it on my old E-P1 to figure this out as I didn't like to keep trying it with the E-M1 in case I messed up the lens mount. I suppose this surprised me as I was used to an older adaptor without the seal which just turns on easily.

Bill

Ross the fiddler
18th November 2013, 03:45 AM
I didn't notice that when I first used it that on the E-M5, but then maybe I did & have forgotten. Maybe it's all to do with if you hold your tongue right or not. ;)
http://www.pinterest.com/pin/455074737318356125/

On memory, I think it did seem firm.

EDIT: How slack of me! :eek:
Welcome to the forum from a downunder member.

*chr

photo_owl
18th November 2013, 10:17 AM
My first post here...

Did anyone else find the attachment of the MMF-3 difficult?

Bill

also having more than one adapter, I agree that the 3 benefits from a slight pressure when installing relative to non sealed adapter versions.

Wee man
18th November 2013, 11:09 AM
Welcome .

Ross the fiddler
18th November 2013, 11:13 AM
Welcome .

That was what I should have started with. ;)

BDennis
19th November 2013, 08:54 AM
Thanks for the welcomes. Bought the M1 as my E-5 failed and is in for repair. Well, that's my excuse :-)

Imageryone
19th November 2013, 09:14 AM
Welcome to the forum, is this to do with the weathersealing I ask myself?

paullus
19th November 2013, 10:04 PM
Hi and welcome.
Nothing to report here. Adapter to lens to body all achieved without any problem.
However, what happened to your E-5?

BDennis
20th November 2013, 12:49 AM
My E-5 started taking partially dark images then the shutter mechanism stopped working altogether, press the shutter and it nothing happens, just locks up. This after about 21k shutter activations. Anyway, it went off to repair and they came back with "barrier needs attention" which they translate to a fault code 'b0604 lens - iris / aperture mechanism' on the tracking site. All very cryptic as I only sent back the camera body. Anyway, they quoted for repair some 220 or so which I paid with little opportunity to discuss what is going on with anyone who knows anything - and so it is proceeding. If I don't get a working E-5 back I shall be a little disappointed!

Meanwhile, trying out the M1 with 90-250mm hence MMF-3.

Bill