PDA

View Full Version : E-3 HLD-4 grip promotion extended

Ian
11th December 2007, 11:04 PM
You heard it here first!

The free HLD-4 grip promotion for E-3 purchases has been extended for another month until the end of January 2007.

I'm seeking clarification on this - logically this means that if you registered your interest by the end of November and you decided not to buy an E-3 by the end of this month, you now have another month to consider your purchase. But that's just my guess.

More news as I get it! :)

Ian

Ian
12th December 2007, 10:09 AM
You heard it here first!

The free HLD-4 grip promotion for E-3 purchases has been extended for another month until the end of January 2007.

I'm seeking clarification on this - logically this means that if you registered your interest by the end of November and you decided not to buy an E-3 by the end of this month, you now have another month to consider your purchase. But that's just my guess.

More news as I get it! :)

Ian

I've had some clarification this morning; the offer is as before but the deadline to buy your E-3 has been extended from the end of December to the end of January 2008. The rucksack promotion purchase deadline is not being extended, though.

Ian

emirpprime
12th December 2007, 02:21 PM
Good news for those waiting to see what the January sales bring I suppose ;)

DerekC
13th December 2007, 10:01 AM
Ian,

Is there any update on E3 deliveries?
I'm still waiting will I get mine before xmas?
Waiting for the call from the shop.

Regards
Derek

Ian
13th December 2007, 10:37 AM
Ian,

Is there any update on E3 deliveries?
I'm still waiting will I get mine before xmas?
Waiting for the call from the shop.

Regards
Derek

Hi Derek, can you let me know where you ordered your E-3 from, which bundle (if applicable) and when you ordered it? I will then make some enquiries. Is your vendor saying anything?

Ian

DerekC
13th December 2007, 11:31 AM
Hi Ian,

Ordered body only via "George Tokarski" in Lincoln. Ordered at the beginning of November.
David @ Tokarski's has rang his rep at Olympus last week who didn't give him a date. I have spoken to David this morning, he called yesterday and this morning but only got through to the reps answer phone and is awaiting a call back.
Thanks Derek

DerekC
13th December 2007, 11:56 AM
Hi Ian,

I have just had a call from the shop, Olympus say mid December and all back orders would be filled? But are we not virtually in mid December? When he tried to get a date from him, he wouildn't give one.
Is anybody else still waiting for there E3?

DerekW
13th December 2007, 01:23 PM
DerekC

Your post brought back memories - many years ago I used to work at George Ts as a holiday job, changing films at weddings etc for George Tokarski, I remember when David joined the business.

Say hi to David for me -

Derek Wright

DerekC
13th December 2007, 02:21 PM
Derek

Certainly will do, gave him my order for E3 and 70-300 as I have dealt with him since 1980. Plus in this world of bigger and bigger stores it nice to support a small retailer with time for his customers. I have always found his service excellent and unbiased. David will give you all the information you ask for and never try and push you to buying something you don't want or need.

Derek C

Ijay37
13th December 2007, 06:38 PM
Hi Ian am I right in assuming that you do not have to register interest if you are upgrading an existing Olympus camera but should have registered if a new customer, its to late now for the backpack. thats how I understood the the instructions on the Olympus Website.
John

Ian
13th December 2007, 06:49 PM
Hi Ian am I right in assuming that you do not have to register interest if you are upgrading an existing Olympus camera but should have registered if a new customer, its to late now for the backpack. thats how I understood the the instructions on the Olympus Website.
John

Mmmm - good question. I have assumed that registration by the end of November was required for both promotions. But I have sought clarification with Olympus and will post an answer as soon as I get one.

Ian

brob108
13th December 2007, 06:56 PM
I'm having a similar issue with my E3 order as Derek C. I ordered my E3 body from Warehouse Express about 5 weeks ago and was told I should have it by the end of November. This has extended to this month and the most exact date has been for the middle of December so far.

I'm getting a bit concerned now as we're not too far from the cut off date for the promotional items (and one of the reasons why I'm investing in the E3 at this point) and I seem to be stuck in the back orders.

Would anyone know if my finance agreement form would be accepted by Olympus as proof of intent if there is any further delay?!! :eek:

Ian
13th December 2007, 07:01 PM
I'm having a similar issue with my E3 order as Derek C. I ordered my E3 body from Warehouse Express about 5 weeks ago and was told I should have it by the end of November. This has extended to this month and the most exact date has been for the middle of December so far.

I'm getting a bit concerned now as we're not too far from the cut off date for the promotional items (and one of the reasons why I'm investing in the E3 at this point) and I seem to be stuck in the back orders.

Would anyone know if my finance agreement form would be accepted by Olympus as proof of intent if there is any further delay?!! :eek:

First of all, as long as you registered on the Olympus site by the end of November, you're safe with regards to the promo products. I've had a personal guarantee from senior managers at Olympus UK and Olympus Europe that any delay in getting your E-3 order to you will not invalidate your claim for the freebies. In any case, the offer has been extended until the end of January.

I'm trying to find out what the E-3 supply situation is and will hopefully get an answer tomorrw (Friday).

Ian

DerekC
13th December 2007, 07:47 PM
This afternoon I had a call from the shop. No not to say my E3 is here:(
Olympus had called with an update, the shop has been told the next shipment is due next week and are expected at shops by Friday 21st. This they think is mainly bodies only and there is still a back order for 12-60 kits. So as I have ordered body only fingers crossed I should have my E3 before Xmas.

PeterD
13th December 2007, 10:03 PM
Derek,

I hope you get your E3 before Xmas. The wait must have been tortuous. I know how I felt and I oly had to wait 2 weeks.

Good Luck

PeterD