PDA

View Full Version : OM-D E-M1 Accessory cashback promotion

Ian
15th November 2013, 11:03 AM
Olympus UK announcement today:

To celebrate the success of the game changing, and award-winning, OM-D E-M1, we are offering a 100 Accessory Cashback voucher to anyone purchasing
an E-M1 body or kit from authorised Olympus dealers.

From today (November 15) buyers of an E-M1 can claim the 100 cashback on any Olympus accessory worth over 199.99. This can either be redeemed at the same
time or within 60 days of the initial purchase.

So whether they want to invest in an additional lens or add a new flash to their kit bags there really hasn't been a better time to invest in the Olympus OM-D system.

The offer will run until January 15 2014 and really gives added to value to the camera everyone is talking about.

Full details on the promotion can be found via the following link: http://olympusuk.sales-promotions.com/ (http://olympusuk.sales-promotions.com/)

Should you need any further information on this great offer please get in touch.

Ross the fiddler
15th November 2013, 12:18 PM
I didn't take the E-M1 at the end October here (in Oz) & the promotion was supposed to finish then, but I have just noticed Olympus Australia has now extended it till the end of November. Now, do I get that Stylist 1 (asking myself out loud here :o) I was considering (it could be a lot of fun) or do I get that E-M1 body after all to use my Oly 14-54 II & Sigma 150 macro lenses on (as well as handling the other M4/3's lenses I already have)? Decisions, decisions! :rolleyes: The local supplier has dropped his price by $50 too (to $1499). *erm *shrug *ohwell

It seems like the UK cashback is also worth thinking about too (for those in the UK). *yes

benvendetta
15th November 2013, 09:18 PM
Olympus UK announcement today:

To celebrate the success of the game changing, and award-winning, OM-D E-M1, we are offering a 100 Accessory Cashback voucher to anyone purchasing
an E-M1 body or kit from authorised Olympus dealers.

From today (November 15) buyers of an E-M1 can claim the 100 cashback on any Olympus accessory worth over 199.99. This can either be redeemed at the same
time or within 60 days of the initial purchase.

So whether they want to invest in an additional lens or add a new flash to their kit bags there really hasn't been a better time to invest in the Olympus OM-D system.

The offer will run until January 15 2014 and really gives added to value to the camera everyone is talking about.
Full details on the promotion can be found via the following link: http://olympusuk.sales-promotions.com/ (http://olympusuk.sales-promotions.com/)

Should you need any further information on this great offer please get in touch.

I was told about this last week when I got my em1. However, I was told it wasn't on lenses, only general accessories. Can someone clarify this?

Wee man
15th November 2013, 10:04 PM
Offer only applies to cameras purchased from today?

bredman
15th November 2013, 10:23 PM
Now, do I get that Stylist 1 (asking myself out loud here :o) I was considering (it could be a lot of fun) or do I get that E-M1 body after all to use my Oly 14-54 II & Sigma 150 macro lenses on (as well as handling the other M4/3's lenses I already have)? Decisions, decisions! :rolleyes: The local supplier has dropped his price by $50 too (to $1499). *erm *shrug *ohwell

Well, that E-M5 would make for a very very good backup to an E-M1. :cool:

Ross the fiddler
15th November 2013, 10:52 PM
Well, that E-M5 would make for a very very good backup to an E-M1. :cool:

Yes, I know & that was my first intentions. *erm *shrug

magicaxeman
16th November 2013, 12:11 PM
Bit miffed to be honest, missed the battery grip offer as I thought I needed to register the camera, not interest then bought my EM1 on tuesday *12th*, new lens thursday *14th* then found I missed this offer too yesterday!

Not having much luck lol

jamespetts
23rd November 2013, 09:19 PM
I was told about this last week when I got my em1. However, I was told it wasn't on lenses, only general accessories. Can someone clarify this?

Yes, this would be useful to know. I have submitted a claim for the 60mm f/2.8 lens that I bought along with my E-M1 kit on the 19th of this month; it would be helpful to know whether that is a good claim!

Yorkie
24th November 2013, 11:19 AM
Is the offer for the M4/3 to 4/3 adapter still running as I can find no mention of it. This is a deal maker/ breaker for me as I have a lot of 4/3 glass.

jamespetts
26th November 2013, 08:03 PM
I have had an e-mail from Olympus to-day confirming that my cashback application (for the 60mm f/2.8 macro lens) has been approved, and that I will be getting my £100 within 28 days, so it seems that this does apply to lenses.

As to Yorkie's query - I suspect, if I recall correctly, although I am not entirely sure, that the MMF-3 promotion only applied to pre-orders.

benvendetta
26th November 2013, 10:52 PM
I am presuming that if you qualified for the free grip and mm you can't claim the 100 cash back on a 200 purchase. I wasn't told this when I bought my em1 even though LCE sent me an information sheet all about the cash back.
And there was me thinking I could end up paying a little 100 to get the 45mm f1.8 !

Olybirder
26th November 2013, 11:05 PM
I am presuming that if you qualified for the free grip and mm you can't claim the £100 cash back on a £200 purchase.
It doesn't sound like it according to the Terms and Conditions here (https://olympus-cashback-accessory-promo.sales-promotions.com/terms-and-conditions-promotion/?country_promotion=2).

Ron

benvendetta
26th November 2013, 11:13 PM
It doesn't sound like it according to the Terms and Conditions here (https://olympus-cashback-accessory-promo.sales-promotions.com/terms-and-conditions-promotion/?country_promotion=2).

Ron

I had seen that :(

jamespetts
26th November 2013, 11:15 PM
Most promotional offers do not allow different promotions to be used in conjunction with each other, as that would usually be uneconomic for the vendor.

Wee man
26th November 2013, 11:19 PM
Read section nine!

9. Customers who have already claimed the HLD-7 on our previous promotion are not eligible for this offer.

Iansky
27th November 2013, 08:32 AM
With all the offers that Olympus suddenly spring on people that come with so many caveats that many of us miss the option to benefit from them (pre registration only / valid from / to dates, ambiguous info from Olympus & retaialers) I for one am feeling a a tad irritated.

The EM1 is an expensive camera and I can see why they "encourage" people to buy it through offering sweeteners but come on guys, make them realistic, achieveable and open to all EM1 purchasers - your greatest form of advertising is word of mouth from happy usesr many of whom appear to be feeling left out from the offers.

It is only because the retailer (official Olympus dealer) got on to their rep that I am getting the battery grip as part of the promotion I was entitled to (well, they are delayed and may not be in this side of Christmas - same as the black 17mm I get free with the EPL5).

I am not so much worried about the delay in receiving the items, more frustrated at Olympus making great sounding offers with caveats that penalise early adopters!