PDA

View Full Version : Firmware update for the ONE

Chevvyf1
13th November 2013, 04:57 PM
Firmware update for the ONE is coming soon

Spoke with my NY Dealer who informed my "problems will soon be sorted by a Firmware Update being worked on now and hoped to be released soon :) "

I called SRS who also supplied me and they concur *chr
This is good news :) :cool:

David Morison
13th November 2013, 05:17 PM
Although I welcome updates in that they show that the company is proactive in sorting bugs, I'm always a little apprehensive because the camera can never be returned to the original firmware version. At present any issues I had when the camera was new are now resolved so I'm not sure Mine needs fixing. Anyhow we'll have to see what is on offer when it's released.

David

jmunkki
13th November 2013, 06:00 PM
The interviews with Japanese Olympus execs also indicated that they would like to improve quite a few features in addition to fixing any remaining bugs. One thing that was mentioned was improved use of touch screen (most menus can't be used by touching the screen, so you really need to know where it works and where it doesn't as there's no visual indication of what is touch-enabled and what isn't).

jamsa
13th November 2013, 08:28 PM
I hope they read this and make the English text in updating clearer.. ie don't disconnect , countdown timer or a message that says OK please disconnect update complete etc etc...

Phill D
13th November 2013, 09:27 PM
One thing I'd like to see is an option to increase the text size on the LCD.

Ross the fiddler
13th November 2013, 09:46 PM
Although I welcome updates in that they show that the company is proactive in sorting bugs, I'm always a little apprehensive because the camera can never be returned to the original firmware version. At present any issues I had when the camera was new are now resolved so I'm not sure Mine needs fixing. Anyhow we'll have to see what is on offer when it's released.

David

There were issues with the E-M5 that have been dealt with through firmware updates & I don't see any reason to want to go back in any level. They are all improvements (except the last one that just allowed usage of the VF-4), so anything they bring in updates for the E-M1 should be worth having (although they had to back track at one point when the E-M5 cameras bricked up during an update, but that was also solved).

I hope they read this and make the English text in updating clearer.. ie don't disconnect , countdown timer or a message that says OK please disconnect update complete etc etc...

Now, that is a trap but, if in doubt, don't touch or turn off! ;) It would be nice to get a progress bar or something like that & then not showing the starting screen again which looks like you need to click on the 'start update' again.