PDA

View Full Version : My free HLD-7 has arrived

Alpha1
9th November 2013, 09:00 AM
On my return from hols our postman delivered the post collected since we left amongst which was my free HLD-7 vertical battery grip. It was sent from Germany which is where I sent the receipt and on-line code as my E-M1 was bought from my local premier Oly dealer.

I haven't fitted it yet as my E-M1 need a good clean first but it looks to be better designed and built than the HLD-6 for the E-M5, incliding a nice little recess for the removable seal of the E-M1. A useful and well thought out design feature. Well done Oly yet again. *chr

brian1208
9th November 2013, 09:54 AM
It feels really well put together when on the EM-1 and, for me, transforms the camera into something that is a joy to use

Have fun with it Dave (and get those piccies up! ;) )

DavyG
9th November 2013, 11:24 AM
On my return from hols our postman delivered the post collected since we left amongst which was my free HLD-7 vertical battery grip. It was sent from Germany which is where I sent the receipt and on-line code as my E-M1 was bought from my local premier Oly dealer.

I haven't fitted it yet as my E-M1 need a good clean first but it looks to be better designed and built than the HLD-6 for the E-M5, incliding a nice little recess for the removable seal of the E-M1. A useful and well thought out design feature. Well done Oly yet again. *chr

Good to hear you've received your grip.

Can you recall when you posted your receipt and on line code?

I posted mine on 7th October and have not yet received the grip and adapter.

Dave

andym
9th November 2013, 11:28 AM
Good to hear you've received your grip.

Can you recall when you posted your receipt and on line code?

I posted mine on 7th October and have not yet received the grip and adapter.

Dave

I posted mine on the same date and am still waiting of both.I know a few people have their items, just wondered if anyone had received both if purchased from a UK dealer.
Could be that one of the items is out of stock(I hope) and that nothing has gone amiss.

DavyG
9th November 2013, 11:57 AM
I posted mine on the same date and am still waiting of both.I know a few people have their items, just wondered if anyone had received both if purchased from a UK dealer.
Could be that one of the items is out of stock(I hope) and that nothing has gone amiss.

Thanks Andy,

Like you, I hope nothing has gone amiss.

As we both posted our claims on the same date, I suspect it's just a case of wait until the kit arrives.

Please post when you receive yours, I'll do likewise.

Dave

StephenL
9th November 2013, 12:27 PM
I posted my claim on about the 10th, and am still waiting. According to Olympus, they ARE going out and we should allow about 4 weeks. Which should be now-ish.

andym
9th November 2013, 12:32 PM
Thanks Andy,

Like you, I hope nothing has gone amiss.

As we both posted our claims on the same date, I suspect it's just a case of wait until the kit arrives.

Please post when you receive yours, I'll do likewise.

Dave

Will do *yes*yes*yes

David Morison
9th November 2013, 01:41 PM

Yes, purchased from SRS, sent off voucher and receipt on 6th October and received HLD-7 and MMF-3 about a week ago.

David

cazhug
9th November 2013, 02:01 PM
Received my grip and adapter on the 7th,having posted the claim on the 8th of October.The camera was bought from Clifton cameras.

Should have had it on the 4th but for some reason there was no address on it,just my name and postcode.It wasn't until the postie put a number to the name that i got it.
Neil

andym
9th November 2013, 02:09 PM
Thanks.

I'll give it another week then start to worry:eek::eek::eek:

DerekC
9th November 2013, 02:11 PM
Purchased mine from SRS posted the claim on 5th October, nothing yet. So thats five weeks so far.:(
Really want to see if it improve tha balance with the big lens.

bredman
9th November 2013, 06:12 PM
I still don't know if i'm wasting my time waiting. Is there anyone out there that can confirm if our details arrived in the post or not. Emailing Germany through the Oly site is a waste of time as the site won't accept the verification from the UK.

Does anyone have an eMail address or phone number for the person that matters at Olympus Germany?

drmarkf
9th November 2013, 10:57 PM
Can't help with contact details, but I got my grip early last week having posted the paperwork to Germany the day before the deadline. I'd decided to try chasing up this weekend if it hadn't arrived, but instead I'll be giving it a try tomorrow.

I suspect I shan't use it much - I've got quite small hands and find the camera extremely comfortable and stable as it comes, but I suppose it might be useful if we ever get any long, fast m4/3 glass. Or if I succumb to a 90-250!

Phill D
10th November 2013, 07:09 AM
I'm in the same SRS boat as you Derek but posted a few days after you still no sign of goodies here.

Alpha1
12th November 2013, 09:04 AM
I have found the paperwork that came with my HLD-7, but the date mark just states "in October2013". As we were away for 16days to 9th November it could have been sent at any time before that. Have faith as I am sure that it will turn up OK. ;)

andym
13th November 2013, 08:48 AM
Received this mail in answer to my question to Olympus support.

Dear Mr Martin

Please be advised your HLD-7 and MMF-3 were despatched 11/11/13

Kind regards

Mark Shayler
European Customer Support Centre

So hopefully in the next couple of days.

DavyG
13th November 2013, 01:09 PM
Received this mail in answer to my question to Olympus support.

Dear Mr Martin

Please be advised your HLD-7 and MMF-3 were despatched 11/11/13

Kind regards

Mark Shayler

So hopefully in the next couple of days.

Good news Andy,

Hopefully you'll receive them in the next day or two.

Could you pm me the email address you used for Olympus support please?

Dave

andym
13th November 2013, 01:45 PM
Dave

I used the customer enquiry form on the Oly website. Took about 3 days to get a reply.

Good luck.

Chevvyf1
13th November 2013, 05:05 PM
Yes, purchased from SRS, sent off voucher and receipt on 6th October and received HLD-7 and MMF-3 about a week ago.

David

Same except posted on 5th Oct *chr

DavyG
13th November 2013, 05:51 PM
Dave

I used the customer enquiry form on the Oly website. Took about 3 days to get a reply.

Good luck.

Thank Andy,

I think I'll give that a try.

I look forward to hearing when you receive yours. :)

Dave

bredman
14th November 2013, 07:44 PM
After making contact with the lady in Hamburg I just finally got my HDL-7. Jeez it's big :) but it feels great. Very happy. But no adapter, the serial no. alone wasn't sufficient -- shame as i was looking at several lenses, particularly the 90-250 and the 150/2 amongst others. Particularly disappointed as i can't use the tele-converters. Now i wait (forever waiting for stuff *yes:() for the upcoming 300mm, if it's not what i need then i'm screwed. /waffling.

brian1208
14th November 2013, 08:12 PM
no adapter, the serial no. alone wasn't sufficient -- shame as i was looking at several lenses, particularly the 90-250 and the 150/2 amongst others. Particularly disappointed as i can't use the tele-converters

Likewise Pete, with no comment as to why either (I live in hope it may turn up but think in reality I'm probably dreaming ;) )

Phill D
14th November 2013, 08:38 PM
Hey this is worrying why aren't Olympus honouring the adaptor offer?
Especially worrying as I'm still waiting for mine!!!

bredman
14th November 2013, 09:21 PM
Hey this is worrying why aren't Olympus honouring the adaptor offer?
Especially worrying as I'm still waiting for mine!!!

I assume that for myself and Brian our serial numbers weren't registered.

Phill D
15th November 2013, 12:37 AM
But surely you shouldn't have got the confirmation email with the reference number and the images of the grip and adaptor if you weren't entitled to them?

bredman
15th November 2013, 02:02 AM
I got the code and was instructed to send it off with the paperwork to "redeem the offer".

I think there was wording to the effect that the codes would be verified upon completion of the claim. For those of us that didn't order direct from Olympus that is.

Phill D
15th November 2013, 06:21 AM
That doesn't sound right. I'm pretty sure I had to enter serial numbers in to register for the offer and then got back a message that actually had images of the grip and adaptor on it with the offer code that I subsequently sent off to Olympus. I don't remember anything else about verifying the offer on completion. The verification should have been done against the serial numbers supplied before Olympus sent out the unique offer code. Sounds like this needs some clarification from Olympus or maybe it's a case for Ian or Mark T to clarify.

brian1208
15th November 2013, 06:38 AM
I think there was wording to the effect that the codes would be verified upon completion of the claim. For those of us that didn't order direct from Olympus that is

that's what my paperwork said too (but it would be nice if Ian or Mark could work some magic on our behalf :) )

One thing it may be worth making clear (for my case any way) is that I read the "E System" requirement to include the EM-5 (which is classed as being part of the E system in the Olympus documentation)

I have the feeling that Olympus may not see it that way (although they did issue me with the relevant code for claiming the MMF-3 in addition to the one for the grip)

For me its a case of patiently waiting and hoping for good things to happen :)

Phill D
15th November 2013, 06:56 AM
I ordered via SRS hence my concern with this. It shouldn't require some magic from Ian or Mark. It should be a simple case of Olympus honouring their offer. I can't find anything in the paperwork I have that says that the claim needs additional verification. If it did why have to enter your E-system product serial numbers to register before you get a confirmation number. I was very careful in doing this to make sure I did everything required as far as I could see to the letter of the instructions on a website that was quite flaky to be honest so it took a few goes to get the confirmation email and in fact I got two confirmation emails. Hopefully I'm concerned unnecessarily but I'm going to be a very very unhappy customer if the offer is not fulfilled by Olympus.

bredman
15th November 2013, 05:00 PM
Looks like they're regulating this quite strictly. I did enter my E-M5 serial number when someone suggested this would be ok. I remember Ian then stating on here that the E-M5 serial wasn't suitable as the offer was to existing E-series Four Thirds users. I then acquired a camera and claimed with that, it was registered but to the guy i got if from and not with my name. I assumed - wrongly - that i was registering the camera (with my name) while claiming for the adapter.

If you claim with a 4/3 serial number already registered to your name, and the claim code is linked to your name and your registered camera, then you will get the adapter.

Phill D
16th November 2013, 08:29 AM
Well having just looked as I can't see my E510 listed on the current My Olympus website I'm now even more concerned. I bought the E510 from new (might still have the original receipt somewhere) and registered it. Even had it repaired by Olympus through an official dealer about 18mths ago that cost more than the camera was worth at the time but decided to stick with Oly. Registered for the E-M1 offer with the same camera serial number and got the accepted code for the grip and adaptor. Sent off the claim by tracked post and got confirmation it had arrived, now still waiting for my accessories. Don't know why the E510 doesn't show on the My Olympus page? but Oly definitely have records it's mine from the repair so I'll be really disschuffed if they wont honour the offer due to some technical glitch on the site. At the moment they get the benefit of the doubt as nothing has arrived but sitting looking at a set of 4/3s glass is doing nothing for my enjoyment of a new camera.

DavyG
16th November 2013, 09:41 AM
Well having just looked as I can't see my E510 listed on the current My Olympus website I'm now even more concerned. I bought the E510 from new (might still have the original receipt somewhere) and registered it. Even had it repaired by Olympus through an official dealer about 18mths ago that cost more than the camera was worth at the time but decided to stick with Oly. Registered for the E-M1 offer with the same camera serial number and got the accepted code for the grip and adaptor. Sent off the claim by tracked post and got confirmation it had arrived, now still waiting for my accessories. Don't know why the E510 doesn't show on the My Olympus page? but Oly definitely have records it's mine from the repair so I'll be really disschuffed if they wont honour the offer due to some technical glitch on the site. At the moment they get the benefit of the doubt as nothing has arrived but sitting looking at a set of 4/3s glass is doing nothing for my enjoyment of a new camera.

If you haven't already done so Phil, I'd recommend that you re-register your E510 with the original purchase date.

Olympus have advised that there is a two week delay in despatching the freebies due to higher than expected demand therefore, your claim may not have been checked yet.

Dave

jamsa
16th November 2013, 02:26 PM

IM sure you will be fine if you pre registered and got your "code" by return email. It just take a few weeks to get the free items...and I am waiting for the same.

StephenL
16th November 2013, 02:58 PM
Don't panic till you have to! :)
At the end of the day, I'm sure Ian and Mark will sort it out. I'm still waiting my freebies.

photo_owl
16th November 2013, 03:40 PM

I really think you are worrying about nothing - at the time you registered for the offer your serial number was logged, and being an E510 it is valid for the offer.
The only way I can see you having an issue would be if someone else also registered with that serial number...:)

trailer
18th November 2013, 10:20 AM
A quick question. I have received the HLD-7 but no MMF adaptor even though I had registered for both. I would have thought that they would both arrive together or do they come separately? (Just before I make an enquiry to Olympus).

David Morison
18th November 2013, 10:51 AM
Mine came together in the same box.

Chevvyf1
18th November 2013, 11:21 AM
A quick question. I have received the HLD-7 but no MMF adaptor even though I had registered for both. I would have thought that they would both arrive together or do they come separately? (Just before I make an enquiry to Olympus).

Did you 1) send a copy of your ONE order with the voucher ? and 2) did you have a Olympus registered relevant Body ?

I sent the Voucher and the ONE copy receipt - my Voucher stated both the Grip and Adapter would come to me !

trailer
18th November 2013, 11:36 AM
Thanks for the replies.

I sent the two vouchers to Germany at the same time along with a copy of the invoice. I have an E-400 body with the twin kit lenses which my nephew is currently using.

I received an email from Park Cameras after I'd bought the body from them:
Please could you contact me regarding your pre order for the Olympus OM-D E-M1.

It appears many of our customers have not registered for the free grip which was offered on all pre orders up to and including 30th September through Olympus. We have been in contact with Olympus regarding this and they have agreed to honour the offer to all customers which placed the orders within the set dates. As this has been a very popular camera so please do contact me as soon as possible so I can pass on all information needed to Olympus. I will try to respond to all replies as quickly as I can but am only in the office half day Friday and not back in until Monday.

If you have registered already with Olympus please could you let me know your registration number so I make sure all our customers receive one.

Further to this please do not forget to register with Olympus to be eligible to redeem a MMF-3 adapter free of charge (while stocks last). Please do read the terms and conditions for this Olympus offer at the following link and do register as soon as possible to avoid missing out.
http://special.olympus.eu/s/upgrade-omd/en

I had already registered for both offers prior to receiving this form Park.

I'll drop Park Cameras a reply and see what they can do.

Phill D
18th November 2013, 08:36 PM
Just dug out my original E510 receipt gosh was it 2008! hadn't realised it was that long ago. Anyway just re-registered it as Dave suggested for completeness. I also remember getting several issues of a very nice Olympus glossy magazine when I registered originally so I really don't know what happened to my original registration.

jamsa
18th November 2013, 09:15 PM
They stopped publishing the magazine and just produced it on line a few years ago.... I liked the mag....

andym
22nd November 2013, 10:32 AM
My grip and MMF3 arrived this morning. I was a little worried as per the mail from Oly support they said it was posted on 11.11.13. I'd even got round to mailing then a couple of days ago but no reply yet, might end up with another one ;);).
It was posted from Germany on 12.11.13 so has taken quite a time to reach me.
It came by courier not the postie, luckily I was in.

Seen one or two comments about the action of the shutter button being stiffer than on the body. Mine seems the same, nice and light just how I like it. Must be some sample variation.
Sunny out today so I'll go out and try it soon.

*chr*chr*chr

PS hope all you other who are waiting get a package today onwards.

StephenL
22nd November 2013, 11:34 AM
Mine won't arrive anytime soon. I contacted Olympus a couple of days ago who said that Germany hadn't received my application. However, they were happy for me to email it to them and they would forward it to Germany.

I won't bait my breath just yet!

wellyboot
22nd November 2013, 12:09 PM
Mine won't arrive anytime soon. I contacted Olympus a couple of days ago who said that Germany hadn't received my application. However, they were happy for me to email it to them and they would forward it to Germany.

I won't bait my breath just yet!

Sorry to hear that your application has gone astray. I wonder how many others have gone that way too.
Out of interest, who is it that you contacted at Olympus in case others of us find ourselves waiting overly long for our freebies?
Thanks Stephen!

StephenL
22nd November 2013, 12:24 PM
Sorry to hear that your application has gone astray. I wonder how many others have gone that way too.
Out of interest, who is it that you contacted at Olympus in case others of us find ourselves waiting overly long for our freebies?
Thanks Stephen!
I'm not over worried as the chances are I won't get on with the grip anyway (I never do!).

But I simply rang Olympus Customer Support on 0080067108400. The person who answered the phone (quickly) dealt with it personally. No hanging about or being transferred to other departments. They followed it up with an email confirming that I had registered my camera, and confirming that they would take my email submission.

bassman
22nd November 2013, 01:21 PM
Just received my HLD-7 , submitted claim for grip and adapter but only grip arrived today, posted my claim to Germany 5/11/13. When I originally checked my registered purchases, my E-30 wasn't showing. After checking through some papers I found that the camera was registered ref: my email as googlemail.com and that changed to gmail.com and it was indeed registered and showing on the Olympus site under googlemail.com so I pre-registered claim for both items. It's poss' that the MMF-3 could follow or the different email addresses have caused confusion with the claim !

wellyboot
22nd November 2013, 02:26 PM
Thank you for the info Stephen!

DavyG
22nd November 2013, 04:47 PM
My grip and MMF3 arrived this morning. I was a little worried as per the mail from Oly support they said it was posted on 11.11.13. I'd even got round to mailing then a couple of days ago but no reply yet, might end up with another one ;);).
It was posted from Germany on 12.11.13 so has taken quite a time to reach me.
It came by courier not the postie, luckily I was in.

Seen one or two comments about the action of the shutter button being stiffer than on the body. Mine seems the same, nice and light just how I like it. Must be some sample variation.
Sunny out today so I'll go out and try it soon.

*chr*chr*chr

PS hope all you other who are waiting get a package today onwards.

Hi Andy,

Great to hear your freebies have finally arrived.

I'm still waiting for mine and having contacted Olympus they are unable to confirm receipt of my documentation, they seem to send a standard email stating that due to extremely high demand there is a delay in the delivery of the items and that they are unable to confirm receipt of the documentation.

I've contacted a young lady at Olympus who is being very helpful, I'm hopeful of a more positive response from her.

Having purchased an E-M1 12-50 kit and a 12-40 lens, it's frustrating 6 weeks down the line not knowing if my claim has been registered, despatched or even received.

I look forward to hearing how you get on with the grip.

Dave

StephenL
22nd November 2013, 04:52 PM
It seems that the problems lie not with Olympus, but with Haberbeck, to whom they have contracted the collation of applications and distributions of promotional items.

birdboy
22nd November 2013, 08:52 PM
I had preregistered my E3 & E5 and had it confirmed that they showed on myOlympus.

I took delivery of my EM1 12-40 pro kit on the 1 November, email the receipt and HLD-7 and MMF-3 coded registration form on the 1 Nov to Oly support. I got a returned email on the 4 Nov telling me to post the forms which I did on the 5 Nov.

I am still waiting also. Should I chase this?

DavyG
22nd November 2013, 09:10 PM
I had preregistered my E3 & E5 and had it confirmed that they showed on myOlympus.

I took delivery of my EM1 12-40 pro kit on the 1 November, email the receipt and HLD-7 and MMF-3 coded registration form on the 1 Nov to Oly support. I got a returned email on the 4 Nov telling me to post the forms which I did on the 5 Nov.

I posted my receipt and registration code on 7th October, I think Andy posted his around the same time.

Bearing in mind that Olympus have stated there's an additional two week delay in despatching the freebies, I don't think you need to worry about it at this stage.

I'm pretty sure that Olympus will honour this offer as it would be extremely bad publicity if they failed to do so, especially as some of us paid circa £2k to be early adopters of an untried model.

Dave

StephenL
22nd November 2013, 09:17 PM
5th November is a bit too close to now to start worrying. I'd give it 2 or 3 weeks.

Phill D
22nd November 2013, 09:46 PM
At least 4 weeks since I claimed and still nothing!!! getting a bit fed up now :(

StephenL
22nd November 2013, 10:06 PM
At 4 weeks I might be asking questions.

Phill D
22nd November 2013, 10:19 PM
I just did Stephen. Lets see what they say. I know they received the claim the day after I sent it as I tracked the post.

DerekC
22nd November 2013, 10:30 PM
Only 4 weeks I've now been waiting 7 weeks posted the claim on 5th October. Email Olympus yesterday no reply yet. Getting fed up waiting now.

ashtonsd
23rd November 2013, 02:51 AM
When I got home from work today I was surprised and happy to find my HLD-7 and MMF-3 waiting for me :D:D.

I received my EM-1 kit (12-40) on the 1st November from WEX and posted out my claim details to Germany (copy claim reference, copy invoice and covering letter) on Monday 8th Nov.

I must say from other people's experience I was expecting it to take much longer and was worried I wouldn't have them for Christmas!

Phill D
23rd November 2013, 06:34 AM
Never even entered my head I might not get them for Christmas!!!
Just checked and I actually got my EM-1 on 11th of October and it took me a few days to get round to sending the claim off so it's a longer wait than I'd thought but definitely not as long as yours Derek. Waiting wouldn't be so bad if I knew the reason for the delay and at least had received some confirmation that it was being dealt with.

DerekC
23rd November 2013, 08:10 AM
Phill I hope to see it before Christmas! Olympus don't appear to have any organisation in how they handle the claims.
How can it be that you and I have been waiting since October but others who purchased later have got theirs?
I'm going to two rally's this weekend so really wanted the grip to add the extra battery and give that bit more balance with the big lens.
Really disappointed in how Olympus have handled it, didn't have these problems with the free grip and bag when E-3 was launched.

Chevvyf1
23rd November 2013, 08:33 AM
I believe there is no rhyme nor reason ... maybe staff each pick a list to dispatch ?

Poor Olympus have a "Tiger by the tail" success of the ONE product has indeed, overwhelmed them.

But I do not like the grip on mine - I have got used to small and powerful now :) so may sell it :)

Phill D
23rd November 2013, 08:49 AM
I must admit I suspect I won't use the grip all that much either Chevvy but I'm likely to use the MMF-3 pretty much all the time hence my frustration like Derek :( and then the added thought that they might try to wheedle out of supplying the adaptor! if that happens I'll be :mad:
I've never been an early adopter of anything before, with this experience I'm likely to go back to my old ways.

Dave in Wales
23rd November 2013, 09:50 AM
I bought my E-M1 late but then received an email from Oly Germany saying that the offer had been extended, sent my application off only a week ago.......

Dear David,Thank you for expressing an interest in the OM-D E-M1 when you signed up online. We have some good news for you: our special OM-D- E-M1 offer has now been extended!

Purchase your new OM-D E-M1 camera by 30 November 2013 and send us the receipt at the address below by 18 December 2013, and we’ll send you a HLD-7 Battery Grip to go with it completely free of charge. The offer is available while stocks last. So don’t delay – get your OM-D E-M1 and free battery grip today!

The address to send your purchase receipt to is:

Marktdienste Haberbeck GmbH
„Olympus HLD-7 Battery Grip“
Industriestrasse 17
DE-32791 Lage
Germany

To find out more please visit: http://special.olympus.eu/s/buy-OMD (http://news.olympus-imaging.eu/go/1/UJUJGLX-UBZBKR7-UBZBKR0-1115ZQ8.html)

Best wishes,

Your Olympus team

Chevvyf1
23rd November 2013, 09:54 AM
I must admit I suspect I won't use the grip all that much either Chevvy but I'm likely to use the MMF-3 pretty much all the time hence my frustration like Derek :( and then the added thought that they might try to wheedle out of supplying the adaptor! if that happens I'll be :mad:
I've never been an early adopter of anything before, with this experience I'm likely to go back to my old ways.

I have the MMF-3 attached to my 11-22 lens with circular polarizing filter :D READY for Landscape action :) ...

I also bought a MMF-2 from a member here ... :D in September for my 14-54 :D and a circular polarizing filter for that one too :) (because I learned of their benefit from Steve aka Wreckdiver @ Stourhead the other sunrise morning :cool: ) *chr but NO TOG time today ... guests for dinner ... got to fit one of them in the oven ... :rolleyes:

Phill D
23rd November 2013, 11:14 AM
Dave that's the same address I sent mine to. So does that mean you only sent your claim off a week ago and have your grip and adaptor already? If so really pleased for you but not impressed Olympus!!!

Chevvy I have all my 4/3s glass lined up ready to try but ........well you know the rest!

Chevvyf1
23rd November 2013, 11:18 AM
Dave that's the same address I sent mine to. So does that mean you only sent your claim off a week ago and have your grip and adaptor already? If so really pleased for you but not impressed Olympus!!!

Chevvy I have all my 4/3s glass lined up ready to try but ........well you know the rest!

Phill, soon :) very soon you wish will come true :)

Dave in Wales
23rd November 2013, 04:30 PM

Sorry, if you misunderstood.

No such luck, I anticipate about another 3 week wait.

Phill D
23rd November 2013, 08:15 PM
Hope it's only 3!

peak4
23rd November 2013, 08:33 PM
but NO TOG time today ... guests for dinner ... got to fit one of them in the oven ... :rolleyes:

Hope you enjoyed the meal, served with fava beans and a nice Chianti, by any chance. :D

quickben
24th November 2013, 05:03 PM
grip and adapter arrived on Friday so that is 3 weeks after posting

bredman
24th November 2013, 05:34 PM
That was quick ben.

Tradetalk
26th November 2013, 08:37 PM
Sent off my claim and docs on October 11th and still no sign.

Should I now be worried or is anyone else still waiting this long?

Thanks

StephenL
26th November 2013, 08:42 PM

Thanks
I'm still waiting. As described above, it turns out they didn't get my claim. Olympus Europe are chasing it.

DavyG
26th November 2013, 08:54 PM

Thanks

I sent mine off on October 7th, still nothing received.

I've contacted Olympus who have said there's a delay in despatching however, I believe they are investigating why I haven't received anything yet.

Dave

Phill D
26th November 2013, 08:59 PM
I'm still waiting too same time approx. I got a reply from Oly yesterday that said all I needed to do was to submit a claim and wait!!! I sent back a very polite reply to say I had done that and am still waiting but haven't heard anything else yet. I'm a pretty patient person but this is turning into a shambles as some people have had their freebies delivered in 3 weeks with later claims than ours. I know that they got my claim because I got a tracked letter confirmation of delivery from Royal Mail. I hope they sort this problem out soon.

Tradetalk
26th November 2013, 09:23 PM
Thanks for the replies; at least I don't feel alone anymore!

Like Phill I am really fed up with this situation and I have now fired off an email to customer support.

When I purchased my Panasonic GH3 and GX7 they both came with freebies and the claims were both acknowledged and processed promptly and efficiently. Given the fact that Panasonic now produce products that equal (and in some cases surpass) the Olympus offerings Olympus really need to make sure that they do not alienate their loyal customers such as ourselves.

Here's hoping.

jamsa
26th November 2013, 10:32 PM
I'm also waiting.... Patiently..... atm

anroo
27th November 2013, 09:00 AM
Me too. Posted claim on October 10th and still waiting. After chasing got an email for Olympus saying there was a delay with the adapters. They advised if I hadn't received anything in another 3 weeks! I should contact them again. The worst thing about this is not being able to 'track' your claim so there is no certainty even that they have received the posted claim. At least the EM5 claims were handled in the UK so it was much easier to chase.

Phill D
27th November 2013, 08:45 PM
I got a reply from Oly today and they are now looking into my claim. At last some feedback that gives me some hope. Still got my fingers crossed though.

Dave in Wales
28th November 2013, 05:36 AM
I got a reply from Oly today and they are now looking into my claim. At last some feedback that gives me some hope. Still got my fingers crossed though.

For future reference, I've only been waiting two weeks, can I please ask for the email addess you sent your request to.

I can't seem to find one on any Oly site.

bredman
28th November 2013, 06:02 AM
For future reference, I've only been waiting two weeks, can I please ask for the email addess you sent your request to.

I can't seem to find one on any Oly site.

Just click 'Contact our support' beneath the heading 'Support', at the bottom of their Cameras mainpage. Then click E-mail-Support for either of the two departments you wish to contact.

You end up here.

http://www.olympus.co.uk/site/en/c/cameras_support/contact/index.html

Dave in Wales
28th November 2013, 06:12 AM
Just click 'Contact our support' beneath the heading 'Support', at the bottom of their Cameras mainpage. Then click E-mail-Support for either of the two departments you wish to contact.

You end up here.

Thanks for that, I had found it, but I thought that was for the UK.

As we sent our claims to Germany, I thought there may have been a German Email address.

Phill D
28th November 2013, 06:43 AM
I did that too and got my reply from the European Customer Support Dept.

bredman
28th November 2013, 06:43 AM
Thanks for that, I had found it, but I thought that was for the UK.

As we sent our claims to Germany, I thought there may have been a German Email address.

It's in the same place on Olympus.de. :)

http://www.olympus.de/site/de/c/cameras_support/contact/index.html

Tradetalk
28th November 2013, 10:35 AM
Just received a reply from Olympus in Germany saying that they cannot trace my registration for the offer!

They have asked me to send in a copy of the confirmation PDF together with the receipt and camera serial No. and they will (and I quote) "forward these documents to Haberbeck GmbH in Germany and ask if they will accept them in order to proceed with your claim."
Given that Haberbeck are a fulfillment house I would have thought that 'instruct them' rather than 'ask them' may have been more appropriate. However I will wait and see what happens and keep you informed.
This is the problem when claims are manually, rather than electronically, processed.

StephenL
28th November 2013, 11:13 AM
That's the response I had when I phoned them. After I emailed the docs they acknowledged they had received them and they would forward them ...etc.

Still waiting. Looks like Haberbeck are adept at losing documentation. I can't believe the German post office is so disorganised to continually lose mail.

bredman
28th November 2013, 03:41 PM
Just received a reply from Olympus in Germany saying that they cannot trace my registration for the offer!

Email them a screenshot of your offer registration and offer code (from the Olympus site when you first registered for the offer).

Dave in Wales
28th November 2013, 03:57 PM
I have preempted the situation, impatient I know.

I have emailed Germany to see if they have received my application.

HDove
28th November 2013, 04:15 PM
I sent off the docs for my MMF3 and HLD7 on 5 Nov and as I sent it tracked to Germany I know it was received on 8 Nov, and nothing yet. Nowhere near as long as some have been waiting, but if I haven't heard anything by the end of next week I'll send a chaser. However, who do you contact about this.

Many thanks in advance.

Henry

HDove
28th November 2013, 05:48 PM
Oops - just seen Pete's (Bredman) link above for which many thanks! (helps not try to read this on a smartphone….)

Henry

Dave in Wales
29th November 2013, 12:58 PM
I sent my claim off to Germany on the 15th Nov, sent an email yasterday, 28th, enquiring obout progress.

Today I received this email.........

Dear David,

Your HLD-7 was dispached to you on the 20.11.2013
so should be with you very soon .

Kind regards,

Christopher Dale

:) Watch this space.

DerekW
29th November 2013, 01:20 PM
Are the extra batteries included in the package?

wellyboot
29th November 2013, 01:23 PM
Hi Dave
I too sent an email yesterday, having sent the required documents on 1st November. I haven't had a reply yet!
Could you tell me where you sent your email please?
Many thanks

bilbo
29th November 2013, 01:47 PM
Are the extra batteries included in the package?No batteries are included.

Dave in Wales
29th November 2013, 01:55 PM
Hi Dave
I too sent an email yesterday, having sent the required documents on 1st November. I haven't had a reply yet!
Could you tell me where you sent your email please?
Many thanks

I sent it here......http://www.olympus.de/site/de/c/cameras_support/contact/contact_form/supportform.do

The reply came from here.........customer.support@olympus.co.uk

Phill D
29th November 2013, 06:49 PM
Chris was looking into my Claim too. But I've not heard anything for a few days :(

Dave in Wales
30th November 2013, 04:48 PM
Your HLD-7 was dispached to you on the 20.11.2013
so should be with you very soon .

Been thinking about my reply from Oly.

Application posted Saturday 15th Nov, 1x 1st class stamp and 1x 2nd class stamp.

That's a Saturday remember, how long to get to Germany...?

Grip dispatched on Wednesday 20th Nov...5 days after posting.

It's now Saturday 30th November, 10 days since dispatch.

Was it sent from Germany or the UK....10 days seems an awfully long time.

Does this seem feasible after the stories of how long members have waited.

andym
30th November 2013, 05:49 PM
Don't worry, mine took 10 working days to arrive after the despatch date I was mailed by Only support

wellyboot
3rd December 2013, 05:46 PM
Well it took two emails to get a response from Olympus re my free grip and adapter, and my response was a little different from others.
I was told that there was no way of checking whether or not my documentation had been received, so to email the documentation to Olympus, and they would try and email that to Germany, but there was no guarantee that they would accept the documentation in electronic form!
I sent it to Olympus, asking if they could let me know if it was accepted but I have heard nothing.
Any ideas what I should do next please?
Marcia

StephenL
3rd December 2013, 06:00 PM
Mark has responded in another thread, but to paraphrase - apologies, the third-party responsible for this has cocked up, but don't panic, it WILL get sorted.

My understanding from speaking to Olympus yesterday is that there's been a temporary shortage of grips and adaptors reaching this third-party company, and Olympus themselves are more than a little peeved.

gazza95
3rd December 2013, 07:31 PM
Was really pleased when grip arrived about 3 weeks after sending paper work. Disapointed about lack of MMF-3 especial as only have 43 lenses. Thankfully got a MMF-2 form ffordes at sensible price. Now I here from Mark that because e:mail I use in my.olympus is different to mail I registered with they had not been able to confirm I have 43 kit…… Hopefully it will all get sorted in passage of time……………………..

Phill D
3rd December 2013, 10:57 PM
Still not heard anything myself so had a rant in the other thread... still don't feel any better though :( At least I bought a 12-50 with the EM-1 so I've been able to use it.

Dave in Wales
4th December 2013, 09:20 AM
Don't worry, mine took 10 working days to arrive after the despatch date I was mailed by Only support

10 days and counting....*ohwell

anroo
4th December 2013, 09:24 AM
8 weeks and counting!

StephenL
4th December 2013, 09:25 AM
8 weeks and counting!

Ditto! Good job I don't need either item.

Dave in Wales
4th December 2013, 09:27 AM
8 weeks and counting!

Yes, but I was told it was posted on the 20th Nov.

Maczero
4th December 2013, 02:07 PM
Still waiting: paperwork sent on 11 October. Further copies emailed to Olympus Support (Mark) on 26 November. Maybe for Christmas at this rate??

bilbo
4th December 2013, 03:13 PM
Can we change the name of this thread please?

Dave in Wales
4th December 2013, 03:16 PM
Can we change the name of this thread please?

Ok I'll play....

My free HLD-7 has not arrived.

DavyG
4th December 2013, 05:43 PM
Good news!

Although my HLD-7 hasn't arrived, I arrived home this evening to find a box containing an MMF-3 had been delivered, I can now play with my E-M1 and my 4/3 lenses.

As I assume this has arrived due to the intervention of Mark Shayler at Olympus support, I'd like to say a large thank you to him.

Mark also informed me today that the promotion team have advised him that all outstanding promotion claims should be fulfilled before Christmas.

I'll post again when the Grip arrives.

Thanks again to anyone from Olympus who is trying to resolve the delivery issues, I certainly appreciate their help.

Dave

Dave in Wales
5th December 2013, 04:15 PM
What are Oly playing at..........

My application sent 15th November.

Me email to Oly November 28th......
I am checking to see if you received my application.

Oly reply 29th November......
Your HLD-7 was dispached to you on the 20.11.2013 so should be with you very soon.

My email to Oly 3rd December.....
That was 14 days ago.....10 working days.
It has yet to arrive.

Oly reply today, 5th December......
I have taken your details and have passed them on to the relevent people . You will receive it by christmas.
Sorry again for the wait

Slight of hand somewhere perhaps.

jamsa
5th December 2013, 04:35 PM
Absolute poor handling.... I expect better than this from any company.

I expect my parcel before Christmas... I will not wait any longer than that.

What are Oly playing at..........

My application sent 15th November.

Me email to Oly November 28th......
I am checking to see if you received my application.

Oly reply 29th November......
Your HLD-7 was dispached to you on the 20.11.2013 so should be with you very soon.

My email to Oly 3rd December.....
That was 14 days ago.....10 working days.
It has yet to arrive.

Oly reply today, 5th December......
I have taken your details and have passed them on to the relevent people . You will receive it by christmas.
Sorry again for the wait

Slight of hand somewhere perhaps.

StephenL
5th December 2013, 05:28 PM
Remember that delays are at the Haberbeck distribution end. Olympus are frustrated that they are not getting complete communications from Haberbeck. Mark is trying his best to sort it out - let's not make his job harder than it already is.

jamsa
5th December 2013, 05:34 PM
This is easily resolved... Recover all stock and paperwork identify who has been sent what and then sort the balance.... I really can't imagine how a firm in Germany can't either sort it out or be told by olympus to pass it over!

Tradetalk
9th December 2013, 07:51 PM
At last a positive reply from Olympus:)

Dear Mr Owen,

We can confirm that your request is currently being processed and that you should receive the MMF-3 adapter and HLD-7 battery holder before Christmas.

Kind regards

Edita Warlopova

Tel:
00800 6710 8400 (General Enquiries)
00800 6710 8300 (Technical Enquiries)

Here's hoping!

WPJ
10th December 2013, 12:12 AM
How are people contacting Olympus, is there an e-mail address?

Tradetalk
10th December 2013, 12:17 AM
I just went onto the Olympus UK site and emailed them via the support form in the customer support section.

They responded within 48hrs and have chased this up for me to, what I hope will be, a satisfactory conclusion.

Dave

Dave in Wales
10th December 2013, 05:17 AM
How are people contacting Olympus, is there an e-mail address?

customer.support@olympus.co.uk

StephenL
10th December 2013, 07:39 AM
Apart from resending them the paperwork by email as requested, I have used the phone number. Immediate pickup, no transferring to other departments.

gazza95
10th December 2013, 08:15 AM
A slight variation on Dave's E:mail;

camera.support.uk@olympus.eu

Gary

ajwh
10th December 2013, 08:47 AM
I wonder if I should phone Germany.
Registered for the double offer on Sept 11th. Ordered my kit from Park Cameras right after the Sept 19th event. Received the kit on Nov 5th and posted the voucher and a copy of the receipt immediately.
Chased via the web-site on Nov 28th, and got an e-mail from Christopher saying he would chase it up.
Since then - nothing .....

Dave in Wales
10th December 2013, 09:05 AM
A slight variation on Dave's E:mail;

camera.support.uk@olympus.eu

Gary

I sent enquirey here first off, reply came back from.co.uk

ajwh
10th December 2013, 02:37 PM
Just spoken to Mark - I'm on the list, so I'll just wait.
The bits are coming through in batches, which is why I haven't heard.

Andrew

Wee man
10th December 2013, 03:20 PM
Again I have just spoken with Mark he is checking but knew my name from an email I sent in he is checking and will get back if I have fallen off the list. They still are awaiting stock. message ends

birdboy
11th December 2013, 06:24 PM

Good news my HLD7 and MMF3 arrived today via DPD. So thank you to Olympus and all those working in the background to get this sorted.*chr

BTW I did very little chasing one email to Olympus support two weeks ago and I did not receive an email to say it had been dispatched. So I would urge patience for those not in receipt and hope that you receive yours soon.

Ann1e
11th December 2013, 08:54 PM
This is my first post on the thread - is it possible I am the most patient member of the forum? :)

I have today received both my HLD-7 and my MMF-3 after submitting my claim documents on 3rd October. I haven't seen mention of any claim made before that time, although I know Stephen's followed shortly after that date. *chr

Regards,
Ann1e

birdboy
11th December 2013, 09:00 PM
This is my first post on the thread - is it possible I am the most patient member of the forum? :)

I have today received both my HLD-7 and my MMF-3 after submitting my claim documents on 3rd October. I haven't seen mention of any claim made before that time, although I know Stephen's followed shortly after that date. *chr

Regards,
Ann1e

probably*chr*chr*chr

StephenL
11th December 2013, 09:31 PM

Regards,
Ann1e
Mine hasn't arrived yet Anne.

Phill D
11th December 2013, 10:12 PM
I got confirmation mine was on its way and it turned up today too. Yea..*chr*chr*chr thanks to all at Olympus for sorting this out.
Hope those still waiting get sorted soon.

The adaptor seems to work fine with my 14-150 Leica lens but I'd forgotten how heavy 4/3s glass was :). Tried the grip too never used one before, it's very well made and suits the E-M1 a treat. Not sure how much I'll use it but who knows?

Overall a very happy bunny now *yes

ajwh
11th December 2013, 10:19 PM
Mine arrived today - well done and thank you Mark.

DavyG
11th December 2013, 10:29 PM
Congrats to those who've received both the adapter and the grip.

I'm intrigued that you have received emails that you're items were on their way, to date I've had no notification.

The MMF-3 arrived unannounced last week, I've heard nothing regarding the grip, it's now nine weeks since I first posted my documentation.

At least things seem to be moving now, thanks to Mark for any influence he's had on this.

Dave

benvendetta
12th December 2013, 01:11 PM
I have received the same email as others from Mark. My claim is being processed and should be with me before Christmas.
Fingers crossed then :rolleyes:

Dave in Wales
19th December 2013, 10:21 AM
I have received the same email as others from Mark. My claim is being processed and should be with me before Christmas.
Fingers crossed then :rolleyes:

How do we rate our chances now I wonder, not this side of Xmas I'll bet.

gazza95
19th December 2013, 10:31 AM
Dave

Suspect it is somewhere between slim and no chance :)

Gary

jamsa
19th December 2013, 12:15 PM
If that was the case then quite simply the email should not have said so..... I expect imminent delivery.!

benvendetta
19th December 2013, 12:49 PM
My email did say before Christmas....................but I am not holding my breath!

Tradetalk
19th December 2013, 03:54 PM
Same here!

HDove
19th December 2013, 04:04 PM
I had the same message on Mon 18 Nov, and both my MMF3 and HLD7 arrived an hour ago via DPD courier, so don't despair!

Henry

Maczero
19th December 2013, 04:12 PM
I was another who was asked to resubmit by Mark, which I did in late November. I chased progress yesterday and the HLD-7 and MMF-3 arrived this afternoon by courier. So, many thanks to Mark who clearly is working to help sort this out. There is still hope!

P.S. A very quick test in the gloom gave me the impression that the 50-200 focused slightly faster with the second battery in the HLD-7. Is this just wishful thinking?

Andrew

StephenL
19th December 2013, 04:31 PM
P.S. A very quick test in the gloom gave me the impression that the 50-200 focused slightly faster with the second battery in the HLD-7. Is this just wishful thinking?

Andrew
There was a school of thought with the E-M5 that larger, older lenses focussed quicker with the battery grip on that camera. However, since only one battery is supplying juice at once, it's unlikely.

DavyG
19th December 2013, 06:54 PM
Congrats to those who've received their grips, it gives me hope that mine will arrive soon.

It's now heading towards three months since I first submitted my documentation, which I then emailed again in late November.

I received an MMF-3 on 4th December and was advised by Olympus that I would receive the grip before Christmas, my fingers are crossed.

Dave

crimbo
19th December 2013, 08:44 PM
Still waiting for mine....

JohnGG
19th December 2013, 10:37 PM
I got home from work today to find that my HLD-7 and MMF-3 had been delivered :)

I was beginning to get a bit worried that my application had got lost in the post but had resisted sending emails to Olympus after hearing about the long waits that others were experiencing. It has all worked out for me in the end and I hope that others who are still waiting have a successful outcome soon *yes

Cheers,

JohnGG

jamsa
20th December 2013, 02:22 PM
three more possible days for delivery...sweating! I make promises I can keep, lets hope that others do the same ,hint hint...;)

Simon
20th December 2013, 02:48 PM
Came home from Xmas shopping to find... HLD 7 and mmf3 waiting for me. Result - thanks to Olympus and Mark for the hurrying up.

Wee man
20th December 2013, 03:08 PM
Got a call from Mark this morning telling me my MMF3 adaptor is on its way. I asked which courier, was told DPD.
I then got a text from DPD telling me a delivery would be made between 13:00 hrs and 15:30 hrs. Door knocked, looked out DPD van YES !!

Got to the door and signed for my daughters Christmas present a replacement shower unit! .................................................. ...........................

When asked when they stopped for Christmas was told Tuesday 17:00 hrs and a special delivery on Saturday. Digits crossed.
But a big thank you to Mark and Chris a thank you letter will be sent.

StephenL
20th December 2013, 03:27 PM
Just a tip for anyone waiting a DPD courier - look out for Interlink as well! Round here at least, Interlink does some DPD deliveries. It's not uncommon to have both vans in the courtyard at the same time, each with a DPD-liveried parcel!

ayewing
20th December 2013, 04:46 PM
Just a tip for anyone waiting a DPD courier - look out for Interlink as well! Round here at least, Interlink does some DPD deliveries. It's not uncommon to have both vans in the courtyard at the same time, each with a DPD-liveried parcel!

There is a simple explanation. Interlink and DPD are both owned by GeoPost which in turn is owned by La Poste the French national postal service.

George Dorn
20th December 2013, 05:00 PM
My grip and adapter has arrived. I sent the claim on 10 November, didn't chase it, didn't receive any emails or calls, either. Thanks Olympus for rewarding brand loyalty with a decent offer!

A very happy bunny here. *reindeer

Bikie John
20th December 2013, 05:09 PM
I got home from a day out yesterday to find a "You were out" card from DPD on the doormat :( They said they would try again today so I've been sat on my jacksie waiting, no sign of them yet. Oh well, it's only 5pm, they might be running late....

EDIT - the courier has just arrived. Still working at 5:40pm on a Friday, I am quite impressed. I still very much prefer the Post Office/Royal Mail though.

Ciao ... John

jamsa
20th December 2013, 07:13 PM
Just had delivery, phew......Merry Christmas everyone!!

DerekW
20th December 2013, 07:18 PM
So - the end of this thread is in sight

StephenL
20th December 2013, 07:31 PM
And I think Olympus, and Mark, deserve thanks, and maybe apologies from some folk. OK, maybe there were delays, but hey, life's not perfect! *chr

Wee man
20th December 2013, 08:13 PM
can ask how many site members are still waiting?

DavyG
20th December 2013, 08:27 PM

Awaiting the grip, MMF-3 arrived on 4th December.

There appears to be little or no logic in the way the items are being sent out.

Dave

peak4
20th December 2013, 08:37 PM

Me for one, but to be fair, since I went for body and lens, and it didn't arrive in my dealers until 22nd Nov, I fully expect to be well down the queue.
According to Royal Mail, my paperwork was tracked as delivered in Germany on 27th November, so I really wouldn't expect anything before Christmas.
I already have an MMF-1, so there's no wild rush so long as both bits arrive eventually.

Dave in Wales
21st December 2013, 03:21 AM

Still waiting.

benvendetta
21st December 2013, 07:13 AM

Both arrived yesterday via DPD. Thanks Olympus!

gazza95
21st December 2013, 08:35 AM
Door bell just rang..... no MMF-3..... :(

Glenn S
21st December 2013, 03:28 PM
still waiting

Tradetalk
22nd December 2013, 12:04 AM
Arrived this afternoon (grip & MMF) via DPD. Delighted to receive them but annoyed at the wait and jumping through hoops to get to this point.

Can I suggest that the next time Olympus run this type of promotion they allow online submissions as Panasonic & Sony do which can then be tracked by the customer avoiding all of this doubt and uncertainty.

Anyway, all's well that ends well!

A very Merry Xmas and a Happy, Peaceful and Prosperous New Year to everyone.

benvendetta
22nd December 2013, 07:21 AM
Personally I didn't think the wait was that long (probably about 5/6 weeks after getting my EM1). I only emailed olympus a couple of weeks ago as others on this site were doing the same, but at least I didn't have to resubmit everything as seems to be the case with some people. Anyway I seem to recall having to wait at least that long for the grip and backpack that were offered with the E3 back in 2007. I received a free Olympus photographer's waistcoat as well back then too.

crimbo
22nd December 2013, 08:02 AM
What do you mean.. Resubmit
How would Know I had too?

Tradetalk
22nd December 2013, 08:46 AM

Exactly my point. Without any online or emailed confirmation from Olympus you just don't know whether it is being processed or not.

In this day and age you shouldn't have to wait in hope and, judging by the number of people who have had to resubmit their claim, either the Bundespost is far worse than our much maligned Royal Mail or, as I suspect, the processing house chosen by Olympus do not have that legendary German efficiency!

benvendetta
22nd December 2013, 10:00 PM

I gather that some people's receipt and voucher didn't arrive in Germany. That's what I meant. The email reply I received confirmed that did get mine and that I would get my freebies before Christmas, which I did. In the middle of a load of decorating therefore no chance to try the grip and mmf 3 out. Plus the weather's c**p.

DavyG
22nd December 2013, 10:47 PM
I gather that some people's receipt and voucher didn't arrive in Germany. That's what I meant. The email reply I received confirmed that did get mine and that I would get my freebies before Christmas, which I did. In the middle of a load of decorating therefore no chance to try the grip and mmf 3 out. Plus the weather's c**p.

This is what I can't understand, I know that my documentation has been received, I resubmitted it and received confirmation that it had been received.

I've even received an MMF-3, which arrived just under three weeks ago, so why have I not yet received the grip?

Whilst this is not a major problem, it is annoying and is not doing Olympus's reputation any good.

Dave

Glenn S
23rd December 2013, 05:01 PM
Still waiting.....

dogsbody
23rd December 2013, 05:23 PM
arrived! and very nice it is too!

Bikie John
23rd December 2013, 05:43 PM
Still waiting.....

Fingers crossed for you Glenn.

John

peak4
23rd December 2013, 10:00 PM
Me for one, but to be fair, since I went for body and lens, and it didn't arrive in my dealers until 22nd Nov, I fully expect to be well down the queue.
According to Royal Mail, my paperwork was tracked as delivered in Germany on 27th November, so I really wouldn't expect anything before Christmas.
I already have an MMF-1, so there's no wild rush so long as both bits arrive eventually.

Well I thought I'd try the freephone number in Germany and spoke to a very pleasant lady called Edita.
She was good enough to check all the lists that she had, but sadly I didn't feature in any of them. *cry

Odd really as I have confirmation of delivery from Royal Mail at vast expense (well £6.58 anyway)

A pdf of the receipt, a copy of the confirmation email with registration number, and a screenshot of the RM confirmation now heading through the ether to Germany. Hopefully this one won't get lost. ;)

Pierre L
23rd December 2013, 11:40 PM
DPD delivered my HDL-7 today. Many thanks to the Forum for their advice, to Olympus and to Ian and Mark for his behind-the-scenes efforts.

Phill D
24th December 2013, 08:44 AM
Bill I was in exactly the same boat with confirmed delivery as well but after several emails to customer service the freebies turned up fine. I'm sure they will sort you out.

Wee man
24th December 2013, 11:38 AM
DPD just delivered across the road but no MMF3 for me!
Not too upset as last Thursday I got a letter telling me my consultant had been suspended. All patients in a certain group were being recalled and to ring ASAP to get an appointment. Rang on Thursday and given an appointment for 8:45am this morning to have some invasive tests repeated. Just home from hospital with good news I got the all clear!
Merry Christmas to all.
Roll on restart of deliverys

brian1208
24th December 2013, 11:55 AM
Just home with good from hospital with news I got the all clear!

That's good news and puts worrying about the delivery of the "Freebies" into context

Have a great Christmas (you are off to a good start :)

DavyG
24th December 2013, 12:20 PM
Just home from hospital with good news I got the all clear!
Merry Christmas to all.

Congratulations on the good news, I hope you have a relaxing and enjoyable Christmas. *chr

Dave

StephenL
24th December 2013, 01:53 PM
The best news for Christmas!

Bikie John
24th December 2013, 02:15 PM
That must have been scary, Ed. Good news that they checked you quickly and that you got the all-clear.

John

wellyboot
24th December 2013, 03:55 PM
DPD just delivered across the road but no MMF3 for me!
Not too upset as last Thursday I got a letter telling me my consultant had been suspended. All patients in a certain group were being recalled and to ring ASAP to get an appointment. Rang on Thursday and given an appointment for 8:45am this morning to have some invasive tests repeated. Just home from hospital with good news I got the all clear!
Merry Christmas to all.
Roll on restart of deliverys

That's brilliant news! Have a fantastic Christmas!! *chr

crimbo
24th December 2013, 04:26 PM
Just home from hospital with good news I got the all clear!
Merry Christmas to all.

Excellent and a merry Christmas to you...

Who are DFD?
I wonder who their agent is in Scotland?
...and then their agent in Shetland...

Looks like the New Year for me... wonder when Germany opens for e-mails

StephenL
24th December 2013, 04:34 PM
Who are DFD?
I wonder who their agent is in Scotland?
...and then their agent in Shetland...

Looks like the New Year for me... wonder when Germany opens for e-mails
DPD or Interlink for Scotland. Don't know who the carriers are in Shetland.

Wee man
24th December 2013, 04:58 PM
Oops should read DPD. Mine might come on Friday ?
Thanks to Stephen for the offer to lend me a MMF3 I should have taken him up on the offer.

The equipment used today was Olympus so I cannot complain they did say I would have a bit of Olympus kit by Christmas!!

Glenn S
24th December 2013, 05:39 PM
No grip or MMF-3 for me this Christmas :(

But my house isn't flooded, I have electricity and my roof is still on, albeit it has a slight leak. Merry Christmas everyone!

Wee man
24th December 2013, 05:49 PM
Just had a thought all planes/ boats are stopped due to the weather so mail will also be stopped. Roll on better weather and post starting again on Friday.

WPJ
24th December 2013, 09:22 PM
My grip and MMF 3 arrived yesterday. :-)

lisboeta08
26th December 2013, 03:07 AM
My MMF-3 and HLD-7 "loyalty offers" arrived here in Queluz (nearby, Lisbon/Portugal) on the 24DEC2013 a.m, via DPD Geopost (Deutschland).

-> 14NOV2013 - I sent to "Marktdienste Haberbeck Gmbh - "Olympus Loyalty Offer" - Industriestrass 17 DE-32791 Lage - GERMANY, in registered mail, the proof of purchase.
-> 23NOV2013 - my letter was delivered in "a no specified local" in Germany.
-> 10DEC2013 - I phoned Olympus.pt to get some information.
-> 16DEC2013 - I was given the phone: 0080067108300 - Olympus Call-Center. Here they suggested sending to di.support@olympus-europa.com the documentation sent to Germany on the 14NOV2013.
-> 18DEC2013 - I received from camera.support.uk@olympus.eu the following:
Dear Mr. Fernandes.
We can confirm that your request is currently being processed and that you should receive the MMF-3 adapter and HLD-7 battery holder shortly.
King regards,
Edita Warlopova
-> 24DEC2013 - The two offers arrived, via DPD (without any prior e-mail confirming-date) - with the expedition-date, on the parcel, of 16DEC2013.

..and I could enjoy using my EM-1 on the 24/25DEC with the 4/3 lenses I own.

benvendetta
26th December 2013, 09:17 AM
Just in time for Christmas then :)

Dave in Wales
27th December 2013, 01:14 PM
Arghhhhhh soooooo crueeeeeel....!

This morning a DPD van pulled up on the other side of the road.

*nono :mad:

DavyG
30th December 2013, 01:25 PM
I've just received my HLD-7 this afternoon.

Thanks to all at Olympus who helped resolve the delays.

Dave

Dave in Wales
30th December 2013, 04:02 PM
Just like London buses two come along at once, well almost.

A grip arrived this AM, brilliant pice of kit, along with an email from Mark saying....

I can now confirm your HLD-7 was shipped today with DPD tracking number XXXXXXXXXX.

I have thanked him and asked his advice as to what to do if/when it does arrive.

Glenn S
30th December 2013, 04:37 PM
Still waiting....

gazza95
30th December 2013, 04:56 PM
was begining to think I was the last one waiting Glenn. :)

Gary

crimbo
30th December 2013, 05:03 PM
No...I think I am...from 8th Nov!
Which email contacts did you use folks...think I will have to try push things along in the new year

Dave in Wales
30th December 2013, 05:07 PM
No...I think I am...from 8th Nov!
Which email contacts did you use folks...think I will have to try push things along in the new year

I think it was a combination of saturation email bombing along with phone calls that did it for me.

Good luck, it's worth the wait IMVHO.

Maczero
30th December 2013, 10:07 PM
I hate to mention this, but a second DPD van pulled up in front of the house today and I have a second set of grip/MMF3 delivered.

This is not the legendary efficiency that I expected when I saw that the address for the people handling the offer was in Germany.

Hey ho - another email to Oly Support ...

On the plus side, the grip is great.

crimbo
30th December 2013, 10:43 PM
Must be mine!

Wee man
31st December 2013, 03:47 PM
Bingo; my MMF3 arrived today.

Glenn S
6th January 2014, 04:34 PM
Not waiting anymore.....grip and MMF-3 arrived today. *chr

Bikie John
6th January 2014, 05:05 PM
The beers are on Glenn :)

Seriously, I'm glad they have finally made it and I hope you enjoy them. And that crimbo's parcel makes it to Shetland soon.

John

crimbo
6th January 2014, 05:22 PM
I am told that it should be here tomorrow... Not holding breath

gazza95
6th January 2014, 07:08 PM
and my mmf-3 has just arrived as well. Yippeeee

Dave in Wales
9th January 2014, 03:51 PM
All the faffing about to get a grip.......I've taken it off.

Just acquired a 12-40, IMVHO with the grip as well it's something one could tie around ones neck to drown oneself with......what a LUMP.

Without the grip it's very well balanced.

StephenL
9th January 2014, 04:10 PM
All the faffing about to get a grip.......I've taken it off.

Just acquired a 12-40, IMVHO with the grip as well it'd something one could tie around ones neck to drown oneself with......what a LUMP.

Without the grip it's very well balanced.
I've got to say, I agree. There will be occasions when it will prove invaluable, but for general use, for the type of photography I do (using the physically-smaller lenses in the main), I prefer the camera without.

crimbo
9th January 2014, 05:41 PM
at last... it has arrived with the mmf-3...
Now to get a spare battery...

DavyG
9th January 2014, 07:45 PM
at last... it has arrived with the mmf-3...
Now to get a spare battery...

Great to hear it finally arrived Chris.

I hope you enjoy using it.

Dave

crimbo
9th January 2014, 07:50 PM
Thanks
First of the Fire Festivals tomorrow so weather proofing test as well
Rain and Fire !

jmunkki
10th January 2014, 09:30 AM
The E-M1 is always in my Lowepro backpack and I had the grip in there as well for the first two months. I definitely like the camera with it, but weight concerns made me leave the grip home. If I know I'm going somewhere to take photos, I'll attach the grip again. I rarely need the camera during an average winter day. I have the Zuiko 12-60 and Zuiko 70-300 lenses with me at all times + my laptop if I'm going to work or need it otherwise, so the backpack is pretty heavy most of the time. I have three batteries for the E-M1, so one is in the camera, another in the backpack as a spare and the third one in the grip.

Maczero
3rd February 2014, 11:54 AM
I hate to say this, but my third free set of HLD-7/MMF-3 has just been delivered. There must be some seriously crossed wires in Germany.

I have fessed up to Olympus Support; so, I'll see what happens.

Andrew

jamsa
3rd February 2014, 01:26 PM
I messaged Mark Thakara on here about the same, two mmf3 and one hld extra.... But they will have to sort recovery as I'm not posting back to Germany! I could have been dishonest and sold them to go towards a 100-EE, or stylus 1 but this crazy problem needs to be remedied by olympus using a clearing house that could not cope...

No reply from Mark yet...

StephenL
3rd February 2014, 04:36 PM
Me too. Arrived this morning. One full set extra! I've emailed Mark.

Iansky
3rd February 2014, 04:43 PM
After chasing Olympus again at the weekend, I have an Email response apologising for the delay and telling me that the grip and MMF will be with me next week.

Not bad..........only 5 months of waiting!

Iansky
3rd February 2014, 04:49 PM
I hate to say this, but my third free set of HLD-7/MMF-3 has just been delivered. There must be some seriously crossed wires in Germany.

I have fessed up to Olympus Support; so, I'll see what happens.

Andrew

One of those must have been mine:D

Still waiting, 5 months after getting the camera!

Gwyver
3rd February 2014, 05:28 PM
DPD has just delivered a second set of HLD-7/MMF-3 to me. I've phoned Olympus Support and I'm now waiting for them to confirm the collection arrangements for it's return.

Ian(sky) Stay patient, once all today's batch has gone back you may receive a lorryload of the things.

brian1208
3rd February 2014, 05:47 PM
if they have all these MMF-3s going spare maybe they will send me one (apparently my EM-5 didn't qualify as an E series body, even though that's how its described in the Olympus sales literature ) ;)

cliff
3rd February 2014, 06:17 PM
[QUOTE=brian1208;277228]if they have all these MMF-3s going spare maybe they will send me one (apparently my EM-5 didn't qualify as an E series body, even though that's how its described in the Olympus sales literature ) ;)[/QUOTE

Maybe it had to be 4/3rds body and not m4/3rds?? *sob

brian1208
3rd February 2014, 06:37 PM
Yep, that was the reality of it :D

Glenn S
3rd February 2014, 06:47 PM
My EM-5 qualified as an e-series camera and I got both grip and adapter.

Iansky
3rd February 2014, 06:48 PM
DPD has just delivered a second set of HLD-7/MMF-3 to me. I've phoned Olympus Support and I'm now waiting for them to confirm the collection arrangements for it's return.

Ian(sky) Stay patient, once all today's batch has gone back you may receive a lorryload of the things.

Thanks Chris,

I will be happy with just one of each;)

brian1208
3rd February 2014, 06:51 PM
My EM-5 qualified as an e-series camera and I got both grip and adapter.

did you by golly! thanks for that, I may have to investigate :)

Bikie John
9th February 2014, 03:33 PM
I now have a second set - DPD left it with a neighbour while I was away last week.

Time to email Oly I suppose - or maybe just pass it on to someone local who hasn't got theirs yet.....

Ciao ... John

crimbo
9th February 2014, 03:36 PM
Its no fair! I have only ever had one set!

JohnGG
9th February 2014, 04:48 PM
DPD delivered my second set during the week so I will be emailing Olympus to let them know of their error. This must be costing them a fair whack in courier fees and it must be doubly frustrating to those people who are still awaiting theirs :(

Cheers,

JohnGG

George Dorn
9th February 2014, 09:59 PM
A second set arrived and I have emailed Olympus to return them.

Perhaps their QA procedures won't allow them to be restocked and there might be a clutch of grips and adapters sold as refurbs, or worse they will just kick about somewhere bookshee *ohwell