PDA

View Full Version : Lightroom RC 5.3 is now available

brian1208
8th November 2013, 11:08 PM
I've just downloaded it and from a very quick play with some EM-1 .orf files it appears that it is now getting the colours and processing spot on.

I'll be interested in hearing what you think and will have amore detailed play tomorrow

Its available here:

http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/lightroom5-3.html (http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/lightroom5-3.html)

Stu
9th November 2013, 12:56 AM
Super reds have gone which is good but skin colour (caucasian) is dreadful. Everyone looks jaundiced. Not good... not good at all.

brian1208
9th November 2013, 06:05 AM
Super reds have gone which is good but skin colour (caucasian) is dreadful. Everyone looks jaundiced. Not good... not good at all.

Is this in auto white balance?

I have just reprocessed some portraits, studio lit and ambient daylight lit and once I have the white balance set correctly find I am getting good colour tones without problem

Stu
9th November 2013, 10:05 AM
No not auto white balance. Manual white balance. Any existing Raw file that was first of all processed with 5.2 now needs the white balance reset. Even after that caucasian skin tones are still out. With artificial light it is even worse. Asian skin tones are improved though.

As you have seen there are a few people on DPR with the same issue. Is your screen hardware calibrated Brian? Just wondering why you are not noticing the problem. I shoot headshots for a living so it was the first thing I wanted to look at.

brian1208
9th November 2013, 11:01 AM
yep, my screen is calibrated (Spyder pro 2) and used to produce the prints that I sell so that I can buy expensive toys like the EM-1

I do a lot of studio portraiture and photographing my granddaughters yet didn't see the excessively red skin tones that many complained of with EM-1 files in 5.2 either

Most odd

Stu
9th November 2013, 11:07 AM
Interesting. I have a Spyder 2 Pro but also purchased a Spyder 4 Pro at the end of last year when I got a new screen. What I noticed though was the Spyder 2 Pro was off. Not sure if it was due to age but skin tones with it were getting worse.

At the moment I am trying to figure out if this profile is out on certain WB levels below a certain level. Something is really not right with it.

brian1208
9th November 2013, 11:30 AM
Just to be sure its not my imagination I have looked through a set of images taken recently, all I am seeing is a slight shift in tonality and brightness between the unprocessed RAW and the SOOC jpg (using srgb colour palette) but the colours are very close.

Must be something to do with the way I use the Spyder perhaps (I won't let it set my brightness and contrast for example, pre-setting those with some B&W images I keep as my calibration standard).

I use the Getty calibration image as one of my tests for before and after calibration check, looking at both the screen images and A3 printed images from my Epson R3000 (which is what I am really interested in as that's my commercial product :) )

looks like I'm not the only one who doesn't see a problem

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/52489234