PDA

View Full Version : Newby

grumpy69
18th September 2008, 07:13 PM
Hi all, new to this site I love my olympus and look forward to showing you my humble pics and learning from others :)

andym
18th September 2008, 07:17 PM
Welcome

I'm sure your not that grumpy really.

Looking forward to seeing some images ,especially if your visa takes you to interesting places.

theMusicMan
18th September 2008, 09:03 PM
Hi all, new to this site I love my olympus and look forward to showing you my humble pics and learning from others :)
Come on then... where are they...?

:):)

Graham_of_Rainham
18th September 2008, 09:19 PM
Welcome,

I hope you enjoy yourself here

*chr

shirley
18th September 2008, 09:30 PM
Welcome,
Just get stuck in, you will learn lots and everybody is very friendly and helpful. I think this must be one of the friendliest forums on the web.
Shirley

PeterD
18th September 2008, 11:26 PM
Welcome to the forum. Just one question first though - why have you chosen the handle 'Grumpy'?

Look forward to seeing your images. Everyone here has something to contribute and we all love to share.

Peter

petrovich
19th September 2008, 04:13 AM
Hello Grumpy....

"Welcome aboard" as they say and enjoy I am a nearly newby but already gleaning a lot of help and information from the good people here.

Regards

ndl0071
19th September 2008, 06:59 AM
Hi Grumpy

Welcome to the forum.

Just how much time will you be able to devote to photography during the Panto season I wonder?;)

*chr
Neil

grumpy69
19th September 2008, 05:17 PM
Ok folks, I am a truck driver so early to bed for me, just finished 13 hours, yee ha its friday. I will put pics up later when the wifee can help, Panto mmm I don't know about that but I do like to take sunrises as you will find out. I still have a lot to learn so don't get to excited. Thanks for the welcome *chr

Nick Temple-Fry
19th September 2008, 05:24 PM
I still have a lot to learn so don't get to excited.

Don't let that put you off posting - most (all?) of us regard ourselves as learners, it's so much more fun to share that process.

Nick

bully74uk
19th September 2008, 06:34 PM
Welcome Grumpy

I have checked out some of your pics over at TP and there are some nice ones in there.

You will find this forum extremely useful and friendly.

One word of advice, dont get too upset if you post a pic on here for c + c and don't get any replies soon after posting.
There obviously isn't as many members on here as there is over at TP so it sometimes takes a while for people to respond BUT you will find that you get sound advice and honest replies.

Enjoy.

grumpy69
20th September 2008, 05:17 AM
Thank you to all of you, I see that this site is a lot smaller than TP but at least we are all talking Olympus here. *chr

theMusicMan
20th September 2008, 07:04 AM
Thank you to all of you, I see that this site is a lot smaller than TP but at least we are all talking Olympus here. *chr
Just wait until you see the number of pathetic Canikon's are better than anything else posts then. Though of course predominantly an Olympus users site, e-group welcomes all photographers regardless of kit whereas (and the owners will disagree of course) the attitude over on tP is decidedly anti-Olympus. There are many excellent photographers on tP, who are also wonderful people, but to me it's the small minority of these Canikonites who spoil it for the rest.

Naughty Nigel
22nd September 2008, 11:56 AM
Just wait until you see the number of pathetic Canikon's are better than anything else posts then. Though of course predominantly an Olympus users site, e-group welcomes all photographers regardless of kit whereas (and the owners will disagree of course) the attitude over on tP is decidedly anti-Olympus. There are many excellent photographers on tP, who are also wonderful people, but to me it's the small minority of these Canikonites who spoil it for the rest.

I started a thread on 'another' forum last week, asking whether new cameras (and especially compact cameras) had too many pixels for their own good. This was inspired by Canon's announcement of its new PowerShot G10 with 14.7 million pixels. *zzz*zzz*zzz

http://www.amateurphotographer.co.uk/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=Lounge&Number=708250&page=0&fpart=all

A total of 48 people voted on the thread, and by far the majority seemed very happy with the resolution they have already, (some wanted even less), but time and time again I was told that I was wrong, that Canon understood the market better than it's users, and that we would eventually get low noise and more pixels. *nono

I just want less pixels and less noise now! Why is that so hard to deliver? :(

Ellie
22nd September 2008, 11:49 PM
Nice to meet you "Grumpy", I'm sure you'll be happy here. *chr

grumpy69
25th September 2008, 06:10 PM
Nice to meet you "Grumpy", I'm sure you'll be happy here. *chr

Thank you, I have found that I look more at this site now, although I have broken my camera last weekend I still enjoy looking at the other members posts. Thank you *chr

PeterD
25th September 2008, 06:22 PM
Thank you, I have found that I look more at this site now, although I have broken my camera last weekend I still enjoy looking at the other members posts. Thank you *chr

Any news regarding the camera and lens? I hope you get a voucher to spend as you please:)

Peter

grumpy69
27th September 2008, 03:58 AM
Any news regarding the camera and lens? I hope you get a voucher to spend as you please:)

Peter

No nothing yet but I am getting very close to playing with my visa, I had a 520 in my hands yesterday, :eek: but I was good, but there is this morning while the wife is working :D

PeterD
27th September 2008, 08:48 AM
No nothing yet but I am getting very close to playing with my visa, I had a 520 in my hands yesterday, :eek: but I was good, but there is this morning while the wife is working :D

Careful, you might end up with two camera bodies - then where will you be:D:):o? Lots of explaining to do then:eek:

Peter

grumpy69
27th September 2008, 09:27 AM
Careful, you might end up with two camera bodies - then where will you be:D:):o? Lots of explaining to do then:eek:

Peter

He he I know that's why I phoned instead, I said to the wifee you can have the 410 and I will have the 520 :eek: I have never seen her face go so red so quickly *whack I was only joking, I bit *yes. Anyway the repair guys don't work saturdays :(

Adam
28th September 2008, 07:33 AM
Hiya Grumpy pleasure to meet you From one newby to another LOL*chr
Regards Adam..*chr

PeterD
28th September 2008, 07:42 AM
Regards Adam..*chr

Hi Adam. Welcome to the forum. This thread started out as a tragedy for Grumpy but has at least been lightened with good humour.

Peter

grumpy69
28th September 2008, 09:01 AM
Regards Adam..*chr

Hi there, so you see why they call me grumpy adam, I like to throw my camera on the floor :mad: *sob then I try to blame the wifee *whack she put it on the edge of the table *livid but I forgive her *lovesick. I look forward to seeing your pics. *chr

PeterD
28th September 2008, 11:12 AM
Hi there, so you see why they call me grumpy adam, I like to throw my camera on the floor :mad: *sob then I try to blame the wifee *whack she put it on the edge of the table *livid but I forgive her *lovesick. I look forward to seeing your pics. *chr

But she will not support the second camera:(

Peter

grumpy69
28th September 2008, 02:53 PM
But she will not support the second camera:(

Peter

I just took wifee out to look at the E520 oh it looks so lovely in that nice shiny box :) Then I found myself paying for a dam hoover :mad: How did that happen :confused:

Nick Temple-Fry
28th September 2008, 03:00 PM
I just took wifee out to look at the E520 oh it looks so lovely in that nice shiny box :) Then I found myself paying for a dam hoover :mad: How did that happen :confused:

Ahh well - now she's got her new toy - maybe she'll let you buy yours:D

(whoops - that's not going to win me many friends amongst the distaff tendency in our forum - sorry, it was a joke - really, I promise.

OK - I'll do the washing up this week)

Apologetically

Nick

grumpy69
28th September 2008, 03:07 PM
Ahh well - now she's got her new toy - maybe she'll let you buy yours:D

(whoops - that's not going to win me many friends amongst the distaff tendency in our forum - sorry, it was a joke - really, I promise.

OK - I'll do the washing up this week)

Apologetically

Nick

Washing up I do that all the time, we have a dish washer :D Gt news my 150 lens that fell with the camera is ok currys tested it on there camera

fanlynne
11th February 2011, 01:57 AM
I am new here,glad to join this forum ......

Kiwi Paul
11th February 2011, 10:26 AM
Welcome fanlynne I'm sure you will like it here.

Paul

Janet
11th February 2011, 10:55 AM
Hmmm...some suspicious links there...

Janet

Zuiko
11th February 2011, 10:56 AM
I'm afraid Fanlynne is a spammer and has been banned. :mad:

theMusicMan
11th February 2011, 10:58 AM
Hmmm...some suspicious links there...

Janet
Yep Janet, it's been reported and I am watching closely :)