PDA

View Full Version : Shutter Button Sensitivity

wellyboot
8th November 2013, 11:28 AM
Probably a stupid question, but I was wondering if anyone was finding the shutter button on their E-M1 very sensitive?
If I go on to sequential shooting mode with the E-M5, I can take one image or many if I keep my finger on the button, as I have done with other cameras.
With the E-MI, I can't seem to take just one image, it is always two when on sequential L and H, I just can't seem to take my finger off quickly enough, I suppose I could keep changing between single and sequential shooting as and when but I wondered if there was another solution.
Many thanks
Marcia

Olybirder
8th November 2013, 11:43 AM
You are not alone Marcia, I have that problem too. I have got so used to having two shots of everything that I have turned sequential shooting off for the time being. It was hopeless yesterday when my fingers were a rather cold and insensitive. :)

Ron

StephenL
8th November 2013, 11:46 AM
Just wondering if you've got release set to short rather than normal? I found the short setting to be ultra sensitive so I don't use it. (Cog C Release Lag Time)

wellyboot
8th November 2013, 11:47 AM
Thanks Ron! I'm glad it isn't just me! I hadn't thought of the winter and cold fingers. It will probably be 22 then and not just 2!! ;)
So the question is; is that how it's supposed to be or have we got a problem?
It will be interesting to see what others say!
Marcia

wellyboot
8th November 2013, 11:49 AM
Just wondering if you've got release set to short rather than normal? I found the short setting to be ultra sensitive so I don't use it. (Cog C Release Lag Time)

I thought you had the answer there Stephen, but I just checked, and it was set to normal. I can't imagine what it would be like if set to short!!
Marcia

Olybirder
8th November 2013, 11:52 AM
No, I have just checked and mine is set to 'normal'. It is a Noah's Ark shutter - two of everything. :)

Ron

StephenL
8th November 2013, 11:52 AM
I do find even normal to be quite sensitive, so I think it may be just a question of getting used to it.

wellyboot
8th November 2013, 12:02 PM
I do find even normal to be quite sensitive, so I think it may be just a question of getting used to it.
I will try my best Stephen, but my fingers may not be so cooperative!! ;)

dogsbody
8th November 2013, 12:12 PM
It is also possible to set the amout of frames per second on L & H that may help, glad to hear that yours has arrived Marcia.

Olybirder
8th November 2013, 12:28 PM
It is also possible to set the amout of frames per second on L & H that may help

I don't know about Marcia but I have the frames per second set to Low.

Ron

wellyboot
8th November 2013, 01:06 PM
I don't know about Marcia but I have the frames per second set to Low.

Ron
Me too Ron, but it seems to make no difference on High or Low. By the way I like the Ark analogy!!

cliff
8th November 2013, 01:19 PM
Me too Ron, but it seems to make no difference on High or Low. By the way I like the Ark analogy!!

In the cogs C you can also adjust frames per second to as low as 1fps in low, worth a try *chr

wellyboot
8th November 2013, 01:50 PM
In the cogs C you can also adjust frames per second to as low as 1fps in low, worth a try *chr

Cliff - you are a genius. I've just had a play, and 4fps seems to stop the double image take, yet gives a decent enough burst for what I need! Now all I want is some better weather!
Many thanks for helping out! *chr

Olybirder
8th November 2013, 02:16 PM
I'll second Marcia's comment - you are a star Cliff. 4 fps seems to work for me too. Another candidate for a 'tips and tricks' thread.

Ron

cliff
8th November 2013, 05:15 PM
Thanks guys, just reread the post and have noticed that Dogsbody had already mentioned it in an earlier post so some credit to him too :)
I was posting from my phone at work in the lunch hour (45 mins )and hadn't noticed :o

Weather-wise Sunday looks the best bet and hopefully good for the parades for remembrance Sunday hope you all have a nice w/end

Cliff *chr

Phill D
8th November 2013, 08:41 PM
I found mine really sensitive too and thought it was just clumsy operator error. Must reread this thread when I've not had a drink to take in the solution properly. But many thanks guys for the help I didn't even know I needed!

wellyboot
9th November 2013, 12:43 AM
It is also possible to set the amout of frames per second on L & H that may help, glad to hear that yours has arrived Marcia.

I am really sorry I didn't give you any credit for the frames per second tip Jonathan. I did read your post but my over tired brain didn't process the information.
So I would just like to say that you too are a genius, and thank you very much!
And thank you Cliff for pointing out my error in not giving plaudits to Jonathan as well!
Marcia