PDA

View Full Version : Cool light painted skeleton video

Phill D
7th November 2013, 07:03 PM
Take a look at this cool video.

http://www.popphoto.com/news/2013/10/insanely-patient-photographer-makes-light-painted-stop-motion-video-skateboarding-skele

Must have taken ages to do.

tomphotofx
7th November 2013, 11:37 PM
A great video, as you said it must have taken ages to complete, quite inspirational in its concept and execution by the makers.

Tom

OM USer
8th November 2013, 10:25 AM
The skill required to redraw the same skeleton each time must be phenomenal. Thanks for drawing this to our attention.

DekHog
8th November 2013, 12:53 PM
I think I read somewhere the video took a year to make from start to finish..... :eek:

ian p
8th November 2013, 12:57 PM
I call FAKE on the skeleton. Some of it may have been light painted. Including the glow on the surroundings. But I reckon it was largely drawn with vectors in post.

catkins
8th November 2013, 07:21 PM
I call FAKE on the skeleton. Some of it may have been light painted. Including the glow on the surroundings. But I reckon it was largely drawn with vectors in post.

It certainly had me thinking how on earth they managed to replicate so well the shape of the skeleton and the bones! I decided that there must be some trickery but whatever it is, it is very well done. When you look at the backdrops it would be difficult to film/photograph and replicate the location lighting over different occasions (but not impossible) - so I presume that each location is photographed in one shoot over a few hours? Great video though.

Regards
Chris

ian p
9th November 2013, 08:27 AM
yes. they must have put a lot of work in for sure. the result is very effective.

ringneck
4th January 2014, 05:05 PM
However its done its done well.....you can click on a link at 1min15 secs to see them doing it.

Keith

linus1884
4th March 2014, 11:37 PM
Take a look at this cool video.

http://www.popphoto.com/news/2013/10/insanely-patient-photographer-makes-light-painted-stop-motion-video-skateboarding-skele

Must have taken ages to do.

Hi Phil

you may enjoy this video too

Rippled- All India Radio - YouTube

it took them 6 months to make

Phill D
5th March 2014, 07:05 AM
Yes that's pretty cool too. Thanks for posting.