PDA

View Full Version : Cawsands Window

Nick Temple-Fry
17th September 2008, 12:58 PM
Not sure about this one so I'd welcome comments (I always do anyway) - does it work as an image?.

Shot at a slight angle to help the shadows give a bit of depth/direction to what would otherwise be a 'flat' image.

http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/data/509/cawsandswindow.jpg (http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/8259)

E-3, 14-54, Master, The GIMP

Nick

StephenL
17th September 2008, 01:31 PM
Yes it does - almost. Because the window frame is white, there is no obvious border to the right of the image. Therefore I think I would like to have seen the window surround/wall. The lighting is perhaps a bit harsh or cold. The shoes are a welcome addition and give it life.

Nick Temple-Fry
17th September 2008, 03:31 PM
Thank you Stephen.

Unfortunately the surround to either side was a concrete/mortar render, quite typical of the area but not, to my mind attractive or giving good definition. I crop'd into the frame to balance the width of white with the shadow area.

I might have added to the harsh cold effect in pp as I took the colour tone a bit towards the blue to help 'buck up' the contrast/push of the image.

Nick

ndl0071
17th September 2008, 06:36 PM
Hello Nick

I'm not sure either, and agree with the comments so far, perhaps a coloured border might liven it up, red maybe may be pleasing on the eye? might be worth a try.

Did you leave your shoes there or did you take them with you;)

Neil

Nick Temple-Fry
18th September 2008, 09:08 AM
Hello Nick

I'm not sure either, and agree with the comments so far, perhaps a coloured border might liven it up, red maybe may be pleasing on the eye? might be worth a try.

Did you leave your shoes there or did you take them with you;)

Neil

I'm not sure I could get my feet into those shoes, so they were already just where the photograph shows them - and honest Guv, they were still there when I left, so help me..

But yes it was the combination of the shoes and the 'ornaments' that caught my attention.

H'm I was wondering about a black surround/frame - thin top/bottom and quite broad at the sides.

Nick