PDA

View Full Version : My new E5

Graham grimshaw
4th November 2013, 05:02 PM
Had my E5 for about two weeks now and splashed out on a new one. Decided that the M1 would not give the best performance with my 4/3rds lenses and the larger size of the E5 suits my bigger hands. Am not disappointed even though it is a three year old design. Feels solid and the results so far have been great. How can I post some of my efforts so they can be viewed? Is there a section explaining how to post photos in 'My Pics?' How is the 'Tags' box used? I have just posted an advert in the 'For Sale' section with the same request for help tacked on the bottom so if you have been kind enough to answer there please ignore this.

Thanks

peak4
4th November 2013, 05:16 PM
Hello and welcome to one fo the friendliest photo forums (fora?) on the net.
In answer to your query, have a browse around this particular section.
http://http://e-group.uk.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=56
A small few posts down, in a thread by Carlos1, you will find a couple of links to handy tutorials.

Graham grimshaw
4th November 2013, 06:24 PM
Thanks for the prompt help and the friendly welcome, Bill.

Kind regards,
Graham

Ulfric M Douglas
4th November 2013, 06:34 PM
I will look forward to your picture postings with the excellent colours from your E-5.
So now you have two of them?

Posting pictures : it can help to have a look at the text and square brackets bits required by using "quote" in an existing photo thread.
Well, that's what I did to find out how to post pictures. I either post from the gallery here. or upload somewhere else and use links.

bilbo
4th November 2013, 06:44 PM
Do you see the Home button at the left of the menu bar up there? ^^^

Press that and look at the right hand column where it says Video Tutorials.

All the info you need is right there. :)

Welcome!

banjukes
4th November 2013, 08:56 PM
Welcome Graham, I second what Bill (Peak4) said above. This is a very friendly and helpful forum. I look forward to seeing some of your images in the future.

Graham grimshaw
5th November 2013, 11:49 AM
Thanks to all who have given me good advice and a friendly welcome. I hope to have some photos up soon.

Cheers,
Graham

Graham grimshaw
5th November 2013, 11:56 AM
Hi Ulfric,
Yes I have two camera bodies but only one E5. The other is an E1 which I particularly like for portrait type shots of my family. The 5 megapixels is not a problem when printing to 7 x 5 which is my usual size for the family albums. Having said that I do print to A4 on occasions. I bought it secondhand about six months ago and the shutter count was just over 1000. I was then lucky to spot a brand new battery holder and battery in the States at a very cheap price, although the postage pushed that up a bit.

Cheers,
Graham

Chevvyf1
5th November 2013, 01:14 PM
Welcome Graham, :) that E-5 is a truly beautiful body :) I sold mine to get the ONE but for three weeks I borrowed my Nicks and was teetering on going back :) Enjoy :) and I look forward to seeing your images :)

paullus
11th November 2013, 05:41 PM
Hi Graham.
You have bought a fantastic camera you won't be disappointed. Have you discovered the Art Filters? I know some people turn their noses up at a professional camera having art filters but I love them, especially the Dramatic Tone.

Steve

Wee man
11th November 2013, 05:57 PM
Hello and welcome load your picture to the gallery they need to be sized (all given in videos mentioned above) then you can post away. looking forward to seeing your shots.

Tordan58
11th November 2013, 06:08 PM
Hi and welcome to this friendly forum. I got myself an E5 a few months ago, the only thing I regret is that I did not get it earlier. It's a great camera in many aspects.

Graham grimshaw
11th November 2013, 08:22 PM
Thank you all for the continuing welcome, help and advice. I've watched the relevant videos and aim to download some of my photos over the next few days. As I've been taking photos, film and digital, for nearly 50 years I have a lot to choose from. I've used Olympus gear for most of that time and must admit that their cameras have that certain something for me. Even though I am aware that there are better cameras technically that my E5 I wouldn't swap it for any of them. Yes, Steve, I have used the Art filters and also find the Dramatic one particularly good. I had similar ones in my E30 but for some reason never tried them out, funny isn't it? Anyway I'm off to the RAC Rally on Thursday and Saturday and hope to get some good photos there. Taking the opportunity while it is close enough to travel to.