PDA

View Full Version : Well Done to Olympus and LCE Colchester

birdboy
1st November 2013, 08:30 PM
I have watched on this forum considerable frustration regarding those who have not received their OMD –EM1 as I had also watched all the frustration over delivery and rare batteries when the OMD-EM5 came out. When the spec for the EM1 came out it ticked a great many of the boxes I had regarding the replacement for my E3 & E5. So it was with some concern that when the EM1 came out that I decided to place an order. I attended two preview events and listened to the promises that Oly were making. I delayed two weeks after the last promo event and ordered the 12-40pro kit from a high street dealer LCE of Colchester as they were son helpful on the preview day. I was told end of October beginning of November, so these were the dates. I got the call today from LCE Colchester that mine was in. I went this afternoon and picked it up.

I have to say that this buying experience is one of the best I have ever had. Dave at Colchester has been brilliant. Not only was my pre-order on time but he had spare Oly batteries and he provided me with a MMF3 adapter until mine comes in from Germany and he had the additional foresight to have printed out the EM1 manual in A5. I also brought a few other essentials for the new camera and lens for which he gave a discount.

So after all these negatives about Oly and their marketing I say well done to them and well done to LCE Colchester. I think that Oly have learnt from the EM5 experience and I am hopeful with this new listening that OLY will have a really good future.*chr*chr*chr*chr

John
ps pics to come when there is daylight and fireworks.

This is what the 12-40 kit packaged impressive
http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/data/500/PB0190911.jpg (http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/67179)

brian1208
1st November 2013, 08:35 PM
its always good to hear positive experiences like this, glad it went so smoothly for you

DavyG
1st November 2013, 08:38 PM
I'm sorry I didn't bump into you as I was also at LCE
Colchester this afternoon.

Dave called me this morning to confirm that my 12-40 was available if I still wanted it, I collected it within a few hours.

Like you, I've found Dave to be an excellent chap to deal with, his service is second to none.

benvendetta
1st November 2013, 08:46 PM
So why didnt LCE in Bristol not get any today? Grhhh!

birdboy
1st November 2013, 09:06 PM
I'm sorry I didn't bump into you as I was also at LCE
Colchester this afternoon.

Dave called me this morning to confirm that my 12-40 was available if I still wanted it, I collected it within a few hours.

Like you, I've found Dave to be an excellent chap to deal with, his service is second to none.

So you were the other guy. Was a pity we missed each other but then we may not have got away so quickly.

birdboy
1st November 2013, 09:27 PM
its always good to hear positive experiences like this, glad it went so smoothly for you

Thanks Brian I must admit that I consider myself to be very lucky having come across such a good camera shop. I am keeping my fingers crossed for you as well.*chr

Peter_Hartland
1st November 2013, 10:29 PM
I have used LCE for sometime & always found them good in Southampton, I was a little worried when I moved to their other branch in Southampton to buy the Olypus OM-D M1 bu they were equally as good & helpful.

My friend uses LCE in Bristol all the time & they help him with promotions & find him SH stuff even when its not part of their group.

BTW hope you enjoy the EM1 as much as I am, wanted the EM5 as a 2nd body but like my mate in Bristol think the EM1 is so much better trade in for another. Yes he has 2 EM1s bought from LCE.

Bikie John
1st November 2013, 10:57 PM
Mine came thanks to the good offices of LCE in Salisbury. Ordered body + 12-40 kit pretty early on and got the phone call yesterday. Apparently the staff had a sweepstake on how long it would take me to get down there and pick it up.

I am trying to find out if we can get the adapter + grip via Oly to the shop, or whether I have to send the paperwork off to Germany. I suspect the latter but it's always worth asking.

Ciao ... John

deckitout
1st November 2013, 11:09 PM
I can also congratulate LCE Colchester, Dave has been great, I pick up my EM1 tomorrow to join my GH3 purchased there last week.
Excellent service and more than happy to travel the 80 mile round trip.

Peter_Hartland
2nd November 2013, 07:12 AM
Mine came thanks to the good offices of LCE in Salisbury. Ordered body + 12-40 kit pretty early on and got the phone call yesterday. Apparently the staff had a sweepstake on how long it would take me to get down there and pick it up.

I am trying to find out if we can get the adapter + grip via Oly to the shop, or whether I have to send the paperwork off to Germany. I suspect the latter but it's always worth asking.

Ciao ... John

John you will need to send off to Germany, assuming you did register, time is running out so don't delay.

Bikie John
2nd November 2013, 09:36 AM
Thanks Peter, I am keeping a keen eye on the calendar. I know the published process is to post to Germany but LCE's Oly rep seems to have become a bit more hands-on so I thought it was worth an email at least.

Ciao ... John

Iansky
2nd November 2013, 11:18 AM
Can only endorse LCE, in the past I have dealt with LCE Barton St, Bristol and recently collected my EM1 for LCE in Cheltenham.

I have nothing but praise for LCE, the staff are friendly, knowledgeable and eager to help in a timely manner.

Great service, great retailer!

Glenn S
2nd November 2013, 11:57 AM
John you will need to send off to Germany, assuming you did register, time is running out so don't delay.

In case you didn't know, the deadline for submission of claims to Oly Germany has been extended till the end of December.

Bikie John
2nd November 2013, 12:07 PM
And the original deadline was 18th. November so we have a couple of weeks leeway.

Ciao ... John

jamsa
2nd November 2013, 01:02 PM
I can't even cancel my order at Ffordes today (shut at weekends) and to get it quicker from other stockists who have spares!
Will never do this again... Olympus let down, and Ffordes too.... No updates no calls no emails and no camera!

ayewing
2nd November 2013, 01:16 PM
As Ian has reminded us the folk who have received their E-M1 + 12-40 kits are lucky as the were not expected till mid November. I am not cancelling my order with Ffordes - they are giving me a pretty reasonable deal on my trade-ins.

jamsa
2nd November 2013, 01:24 PM
I changed my order to just the body to get it quicker.... They were due in last week when I spoke tothem last.... They also took my cash within 24hrs of my order mid September!