PDA

View Full Version : Letter from Olympus

Wee man
30th October 2013, 02:28 PM
Part of a reply I had today (30/10/2013) to an e-mail I sent to Olympus regarding the free offers. I also asked about lock ups.

Please be advised if you registered for the promotion prior to the deadline of 30 September, you have until 18 December to send your invoice, code and serial number to us.

We have been advised that all pre orders will be fulifilled by the end of the first week of November.

With reference to the 'lock up' problem you mention, we are aware of a small percentage of customers posting about this in forums, but as yet only one camera is beng sent for repair via Service +.

We have not yet received this camera and so have been unable to test it as yet.

At this stage, this is not being treated as an inherant fault as the number of issues related to this is extremely low in comparison to the numbers sold.

However, should this change, customers will be advised and a service announcement will be made available on our website at www.olympus.co.uk (http://www.olympus.co.uk/)

brian1208
30th October 2013, 02:41 PM
thanks for that Ed.

Sounds like I'm the only unlucky early adopter at the moment :p

They should have received my camera by now so it will be interesting to see where it goes from there.

I hope to get either a new body or my old one returned to working condition in my hands early next week

Wee man
30th October 2013, 03:08 PM
I was on the phone and was told another had arrived today! If you get it next week you will still have your camera before me.

StephenL
30th October 2013, 03:38 PM
I was on the phone and was told another had arrived today!
Well, it's not mine! Mine has behaved itself since it disgraced itself the once!

brian1208
30th October 2013, 03:48 PM
I was on the phone and was told another had arrived today!

still a significantly insignificant number, too early to consider it anything other than a random failure event