PDA

View Full Version : What a Difference a Clean Makes !

ozzie
29th October 2013, 10:06 PM
My problems with the EM1 and four thirds lenses solved.
Contacts on the mmf1 were dirty and I can only surmise the pin telling the EM1 that four thirds lenses were attached wasn't working as the camera was as slow as my EP3.
I have tried to upload 100% hand held crops but they look terrible (look great on my computer)
I normally use CS5 to do this but no support for EM1.
would some more experienced users please advise how to do this using Lightroom . I cropped pic then exported as jpeg with max size 495
Thanks in advance
John

bilbo
29th October 2013, 10:33 PM
Calm down. It's only a camera.

DavyG
29th October 2013, 10:34 PM
My problems with the EM1 and four thirds lenses solved.
Contacts on the mmf1 were dirty and I can only surmise the pin telling the EM1 that four thirds lenses were attached wasn't working as the camera was as slow as my EP3.
I have tried to upload 100% hand held crops but they look terrible (look great on my computer)
I normally use CS5 to do this but no support for EM1.
would some more experienced users please advise how to do this using Lightroom . I cropped pic then exported as jpeg with max size 495
Thanks in advance
John

John,

Have you considered downloading Adobe's DNG converter?

This will convert the E-M1 raw files to DNG which you can then open within CS5 raw, I've tried it and it appears to do a good job.

Dave

benvendetta
29th October 2013, 10:46 PM
I had to do that when I bought my epl5. No cs5 support. Will use adobe dng when I get my em1. I couldn't bare not shooting in raw ;)

Ian
30th October 2013, 10:05 AM
In Lightroom, crop to the size you want, check the cropped dimensions (you can display this on the edit view below the file name) and then to export at 100% use the export option with resize un-ticked.

Ian