PDA

View Full Version : ONE in Water ?

Chevvyf1
29th October 2013, 10:23 AM
Has anyone tried to take any images with the ONE in the water ?

I am thinking of doing this next weekend :eek:

photo_owl
29th October 2013, 11:09 AM
If you mean in driving rain on the coast then yes but not 'underwater movies ' without a housing - nope !

Peter_Hartland
29th October 2013, 04:56 PM
Seen a number of images taken with the casing looked good

wellyboot
29th October 2013, 05:05 PM
Has anyone tried to take any images with the ONE in the water ?

I am thinking of doing this next weekend :eek:

Hope you don't mind me saying this, but given all the lock-up problems you are having, I would perhaps suggest reporting those to Olympus before you attempt this, just in case?

Chevvyf1
29th October 2013, 05:45 PM
Hope you don't mind me saying this, but given all the lock-up problems you are having, I would perhaps suggest reporting those to Olympus before you attempt this, just in case?

Hi Thanks for this - BUT I have posted my probs do not occur with level 10 98mbps cards :D

StephenL
29th October 2013, 06:18 PM
Hi Thanks for this - BUT I have posted my probs do not occur with level 10 98mbps cards :D
If that's a fact then perhaps Olympus would be interested to know?

Chevvyf1
29th October 2013, 06:20 PM
If that's a fact then perhaps Olympus would be interested to know?

They wrote the Spec and thats where it is stated - well, I think it said Level 6+ cards :) and I have posted this on the 4M here in the relevant Brian thread :) But I asked Matt which were the BEST cards for the ONE and he sold me half a dozen of these :) bless ! *chr

StephenL
29th October 2013, 06:35 PM
Of course Matt would sell you the most expensive cards. But I think Olympus' technical people would be interested in your findings that card speed is crucial in solving the lock-up issue.

Chevvyf1
29th October 2013, 07:43 PM
Of course Matt would sell you the most expensive cards. But I think Olympus' technical people would be interested in your findings that card speed is crucial in solving the lock-up issue.

THIS is from the Oly co uk website

Interface

Media

SD Memory Card (SDHC, SDXC, UHS‑I compatible) Class 6 is recommended for Movie shooting

- See more at: http://www.olympus.co.uk/site/en/c/cameras/om_d_system_cameras/om_d/e_m1/e_m1_specifications.html#sthash.ZlnZMCis.dpuf

Stephen, Olympus are very busy - I do not wish to bother them.

Smaller organisations, than Olympus, PAY PEOPLE to trawl the internet and social media for "comments of their products" . Olympus have here :)

I am too busy to sit on a telephone :(

StephenL
29th October 2013, 07:56 PM
But by your diligence you might have uncovered a flaw in their testing.

And yes, Chevvy, I know you are far too busy to spend 5 minutes away from the forum whilst you telephone Olympus, so why not email them?

bilbo
29th October 2013, 10:56 PM
But by your diligence you might have uncovered a flaw in their testing.

And yes, Chevvy, I know you are far too busy to spend 5 minutes away from the forum whilst you telephone Olympus, so why not email them?

Stephen, behave yourself! :)

wellyboot
30th October 2013, 12:31 AM

I hope you don't think I'm being pedantic, but not having yet received my EM-1, I have followed thread about the Lock-Up phenomena very closely, and from what you have just said I find myself very confused! :confused:
On the thread entitled "EM-1 Lock-up Information" in post 49 you do say that Matt at SRS "suggested 8Gb or 8Gb+ Extreme Pro 95MB/second and at least level 6 cards", however, in post 86, you did say you had a few using "Top Spec card 98 Mbps". Then in post 111 you mention you had lots of blackouts with batteries charged to between 25-35%.
I am sorry to labour the point, but as I will, hopefully, be getting my long awaited EM-1 body in the next batch released. I want to be sure that I don't suffer any lock-ups, but also don't want to buy more SD cards unless absolutely necessary. So I would be really grateful if you could confirm that the fastest speed cards stop lock-ups occurring.
Many thanks! *chr

Chevvyf1
30th October 2013, 08:13 AM
I hope you don't think I'm being pedantic, but not having yet received my EM-1, I have followed thread about the Lock-Up phenomena very closely, and from what you have just said I find myself very confused! :confused:
On the thread entitled "EM-1 Lock-up Information" in post 49 you do say that 1) Matt at SRS "suggested *8Gb or 8Gb+ Extreme Pro 95MB/second and at least level 6 cards", however, in post 86, you did say you had a few using "Top Spec card 98 Mbps". Then in post 111 you mention you 2) had lots of blackouts with batteries charged to between 25-35%.
I am sorry to labour the point, but as I will, hopefully, be getting my long awaited EM-1 body in the next batch released. I want to be sure that I don't suffer any lock-ups, but also don't want to buy more SD cards unless absolutely necessary. So I would be really grateful if you could confirm 3) that the fastest speed cards stop lock-ups occurring.
Many thanks! *chr

1) Unless I have the card in front of me - (which I did in the first post Extreme Pro 95MB/second:) I guessed ... :rolleyes: pps *I do not "do" video and prefer smaller chips !

2) Yes I did have blackouts with low batteries ! :cool:

3) no cannot do that - you need to seek confirmation from Olympus :cool: not me, they make the ONE ! :rolleyes:

BTW I am rubbish at photography :( so I respect Brian and Dave [local to me] on here far more as they are highly respected photographers !

Frankly, there may be no problem at all with the ONE :rolleyes: it could just be "settings selected in conflict ; low batteries and slow cards used by people like me" . Does that help ?

wellyboot
30th October 2013, 08:23 AM
Thank you for your reply. All much clearer now!

Chevvyf1
30th October 2013, 08:37 AM
Thank you for your reply. All much clearer now!

Your welcome ! I have written elsewhere here on this 4M that I think the ONE is a brilliant kit :) Maybe Olympus have another Tiger by the tail and shall storm the market - as they did with the OM series ! :D

No matter if there is a problem, they will surely issue a firmware update !

Whilst there are "teething probs" for me, it is no disaster as this time of year, as I take few images ! Far too busy making Halloween things ; Diwali ; Hanukkah and Tazaungdaing festivals of Light ; Fireworks images on black cards and Christmas Cards and Table pieces.

I only get "snippits" of time for adult entertainment now to 19th December and then away for Winter Hols :)

Ralph Harwood
31st October 2013, 12:07 AM
1)BTW I am rubbish at photography :(

Having seen your recent photo of the peacocks head I don't think you will get ANYONE to believe that!*chr

Cheers,

Ralph.

Ross the fiddler
31st October 2013, 02:53 AM
OK, just for you Chevvy, not a photo but a video (with Blunty) of the E-M1 in water & taking photos.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9Omqui0SoI&feature=youtu.be

*chr