PDA

View Full Version : How do I? (with apologies)

dogsbody
28th October 2013, 09:11 PM
Good evening, as above please accept my apologies because this will almost certainly have been discussed elsewhere but I cannot find it on this forum but,

Am I correct in thinking that If I have pre-ordered an EM-1 and the dealer has sent my details to Olympus, when my camera arrives I register it with Olympus to get the grip?

Is it as easy as that?

Once again apologies for the duplication ( Is that a chorus of tut tut disapproval I hear?) Many thanks

Jonathan

bilbo
29th October 2013, 07:47 AM
You needed to pre-register with Olympus for the free grip, obtaining a voucher number. Did you do that?

dogsbody
29th October 2013, 08:05 AM
You needed to pre-register with Olympus for the free grip, obtaining a voucher number. Did you do that?

Thanks for your reply Bilbo, a few weeks ago I saw something on the forum about dealers being asked by Olympus to obtain 'pre ordering' customers details, and thinking about it I did recieve a call from my dealer. I suspect that I am worrying for no reason. Having waited since the middle of September it would have been nice if the camera and grip were passed over the counter, but I am sure that all will fall into place.

thanks again

Jonathan

bilbo
29th October 2013, 08:21 AM
Independently of any conversation you had with the dealer, you needed to pre-register with Olympus for the free grip, obtaining a voucher number. Did you do that?

You will have got an email from Olympus with a voucher number as follows:

Thank you for registering for the OM-D E-M1 offer!
Here’s an overview of the information you provided:
Title* Mr

First name*
Brian
Last name* XXXXXX
Street / No.* 9

Postalcode* XXXXXXX
Town / City* XXXXXXX
Country*

GB
Email address* XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

If you want to buy your E-M1 online, here is the voucher code
you need to enter in the Online Shop to redeem the offer.

FREE HLD-7 BATTERY GRIP FREE MMF-3 ADAPTER
Code: XXXXXXXX

Alternatively, you can purchase the E-M1 at a dealer in your local area and then send us a copy of the invoice by post to redeem the offer.

For further information here please see the Terms & Conditions of Registration.

Marktdienste Haberbeck GmbH | “Olympus HLD-7 Battery Grip” | Industriestrasse 17 | DE-32791 Lage | Germany |
by 18 November 2013. |

Ian
29th October 2013, 09:07 AM
Keep us updated if you hit any problems if you haven't pre-registered as I am sure we can help it comes to it.

Ian

dogsbody
29th October 2013, 12:47 PM
Bilbo and Ian, many thanks.

The comprehensive reply from Bilbo shows that I completley failed! I thought that registering with the dealer was the process, unless ordering online. I really must pay more attention to detail.

Thankfully SRS are making some enquiries on my behalf, so i shall keep my fingers crossed, but Ian if they are unable to assist then I will be exceptionally grateful for any help that you may be able to offer.

Thanks again,

Jonathan (confirmed oaf since 2013 )

dogsbody
29th October 2013, 12:54 PM
Big thank you to SRS! The call that I referred to in post 3 on this thread was them 'mopping up' to make sure that none of their customers lost out. Confirmed i will get the grip.

Now I can go back to looking forward to the next call from them!

once again the help and support from Bilbo & Ian is much appreciated!

Peter_Hartland
29th October 2013, 04:55 PM
Anyone any idea when they will start distributing the grips & adaptors, posted mine off the last week of September.

StephenL
29th October 2013, 05:00 PM
Ian posted a while ago that it was thought to be from mid-November.

dogsbody
2nd November 2013, 03:28 PM
Just to confuse the issue I have just done from another UK retailer. Thankfully the same rep from Olympus covers both retailers so fingers remain crossed.