PDA

View Full Version : Question on Returning FL600R for Warranty Repair

G2EWS
28th October 2013, 10:05 AM
Hi All,

My FL600R has started to play up. From new it would be difficult to turn on and I always thought this was finger trouble. I would have to turn it on and off a few times to get it going.

Over the weekend whilst getting ready to shoot a friends group at a gig it stopped altogether. Turning it on, results in a clicking with the 'Test/Charge and Auto Check' lights permanently flashing. Before you ask I have tried new and fully charged batteries!

So I went through the warranty repair procedure and ended up with a document to print and use to return it along with my original receipt.

But here is the query! This is what it states on the document:

1. Use protective and neutral shipping package to pack your device.
2. Cut off the label at the dashed line.
3. Apply the parcel label on the package. If you used an inkjet printer, label it over by using a transparent parcel tape.
4. You may place the package either at your Provider-deliverer or nearest post office.
5. Please make sure the control form (see below) is signed and stamped and keep it for your records.

So does 4. mean I just place it in the Post Office and return costs are handled by Olympus or do I have to pay for delivery. Seems a bit ambiguous to me!

It also mentions in 5. a 'control form' but I have nothing beyond this above statement.

Has anybody returned any item for a warranty replacement and can enlighten me please?

Thanks for your help.

Best regards

Chris

G2EWS
28th October 2013, 11:12 AM
Gave them a call and can confirm for anyone seeing this in the future.

You pay to return to Notthingham address.

Regards

Chris