PDA

View Full Version : E-M1 Free grip & MMF3 offer

DavyG
25th October 2013, 11:54 AM
I realise that some people have yet to receive their E-M1 from Olympus however, has anyone yet received their free grip and MMF3 having submitted their claim to the German address?

I sent my invoice and claim number off on 7th October, does anyone know how long it is likely to be before these begin to arrive in UK?

Thanks for any update or information.

benvendetta
25th October 2013, 12:11 PM
I am sure that I read a post yesterday from someone who had received theirs.
I am still awaiting a call from LCE in Bristol to say my EM1 is in.............

andym
25th October 2013, 12:12 PM
I realise that some people have yet to receive their E-M1 from Olympus however, has anyone yet received their free grip and MMF3 having submitted their claim to the German address?

I sent my invoice and claim number off on 7th October, does anyone know how long it is likely to be before these begin to arrive in UK?

Thanks for any update or information.

I think Ian posted something a couple of weeks ago saying these will not be fulfilled until mid November onwards going into December.

DavyG
25th October 2013, 03:26 PM
Thanks for the replies.

Dave, I'm sorry to her you've yet to receive your camera, I take it you ordered the 12-40 kit?

Andy, thanks again, I'll look for Ian's post.

Dave

Iansky
25th October 2013, 03:30 PM
I picked up my EM-1 from LCE Cheltenham on 12 Oct, the shop told me the Olympus Rep said 28 days for delivery of grip so almost mid Nov.

Well balanced without even with 75mm so far.

benvendetta
25th October 2013, 03:50 PM
Thanks for the replies.

Dave, I'm sorry to her you've yet to receive your camera, I take it you ordered the 12-40 kit?

Andy, thanks again, I'll look for Ian's post.

Dave

No, body only but I only oredered it last Tuesday so I can't really complain.............

jamsa
25th October 2013, 06:56 PM
I picked up my EM-1 from LCE Cheltenham on 12 Oct, the shop told me the Olympus Rep said 28 days for delivery of grip so almost mid Nov.

Well balanced without even with 75mm so far.

So for folk wanting the 12-40 kit by the time we get it and then post off the required paperwork it might be beyond the newer deadline :(
Nails gone , fingers next...

Maczero
29th October 2013, 07:59 PM
Yes, I'd be glad to hear of progress as well as I sent my claim off on 11 October (taking the precaution of getting a proof of postage slip from the PO). On the bright side, at least it means that I have my E-M1.

Andrew

dkayuk
30th October 2013, 12:25 PM
Out of curiosity....
I pre-ordered yesterday from the Olympus website. The free MMF3 was part of the order once I registered as an E-system user. However, no mention of the HLD7 grip.

Does this mean they've run out?
thx

DK

benvendetta
30th October 2013, 01:53 PM
Not sure if ordering direct from Olympus was a good thing.........:eek:

Wee man
30th October 2013, 02:11 PM
I registered again as I could not find the paperwork or e-mail (still awaiting a camera ordered 16th september) the second registration shows only a free MMF 3 adapter so maybe there is a change. This could mean they are running out or the date is up for the battery grip offer?

The good news is I found the paperwork put safely in the print out from my order which shows grip and adapter!

bilbo
30th October 2013, 02:48 PM
Not sure if ordering direct from Olympus was a good thing.........:eek:I did, and I've had my camera, adapter and grip for nearly two weeks now :)

bilbo
30th October 2013, 02:51 PM
I registered again as I could not find the paperwork or e-mail (still awaiting a camera ordered 16th september) the second registration shows only a free MMF 3 adapter so maybe there is a change. This could mean they are running out or the date is up for the battery grip offer?

The good news is I found the paperwork put safely in the print out from my order which shows grip and adapter!You had to register before 30th September for the free grip.

dkayuk
30th October 2013, 03:02 PM
thx bilbo, I called Olympus before I saw your reply and they said the same thing.
DK

benvendetta
30th October 2013, 07:04 PM
I did, and I've had my camera, adapter and grip for nearly two weeks now :)

Good result then!

Peter_Hartland
30th October 2013, 08:03 PM
My mate how ordered direct from Olympus has had his grip & adaptor for just over a week. Tried his grip today whilst at Westonbirt makes the EM1 handle even better in my hands. Hope they ship mine before I'm off to the Lakes on the 18 Nov for a week

Wee man
30th October 2013, 09:18 PM
Yes, thanks I found my original with both listed.

Phill D
30th October 2013, 09:23 PM
:( not got mine yet, but I've had the camera for a while :)

KEITHHOWES
31st October 2013, 11:33 AM
SENT OFF MY EM1 DETAILS TO GERMANY ON THE 10th. EMAILED OLYMPUS EUROPE EARLIER THIS WEEK. THEY REPLIED THAT THEY HAD BEEN COUGHT OUT BY THE VOLUME OF ORDERS THEREFORE NEW SUPPLIES WOULD BE AVAILABLE MID NOVEMBER.
REGARDS, KEITH

jamsa
4th November 2013, 08:06 PM
SENT OFF MY EM1 DETAILS TO GERMANY ON THE 10th. EMAILED OLYMPUS EUROPE EARLIER THIS WEEK. THEY REPLIED THAT THEY HAD BEEN COUGHT OUT BY THE VOLUME OF ORDERS THEREFORE NEW SUPPLIES WOULD BE AVAILABLE MID NOVEMBER.
REGARDS, KEITH

what address did you use for sending off the receipts etc?
thanks

pault
5th November 2013, 10:31 AM
Hi,
Postman just delivered a parcel from Germany. Its the HLD-7 grip. Had sent my claim 8th Oct.
Expect everyone should receive theirs shortly

David Morison
5th November 2013, 10:36 AM
Sent mine on the 8th too so hopefully it's on it's way!

David

Edit: Just as I had posted this there was a knock on the door!

andym
5th November 2013, 11:05 AM
Hi,
Postman just delivered a parcel from Germany. Its the HLD-7 grip. Had sent my claim 8th Oct.
Expect everyone should receive theirs shortly

Was it delivered by Royal Mail ie the postman? So much more easy thea DHL etc as it will go to the local sorting office for pick if I'm out.

David Morison
5th November 2013, 11:18 AM
Was it delivered by Royal Mail ie the postman? So much more easy thea DHL etc as it will go to the local sorting office for pick if I'm out.

Mine was.

David

pault
5th November 2013, 11:19 AM
Postman delivered mine

andym
5th November 2013, 11:21 AM
Thank you both. I get very frustrated withing for delivery companies to turn up.Just so much better if you can just pop up to the local sorting office, which for me is 10 mins walk.

*chr*chr*chr

pault
5th November 2013, 11:24 AM
Andy,
totally agree with you, particularly if you have a friendly postman.
pault

StephenL
5th November 2013, 11:27 AM
At least the postie knows his way onto our estate. Some of the couriers don't, even though you give them the gate code!

Bikie John
5th November 2013, 11:34 AM
Thanks for the good news.

Thank you both. I get very frustrated withing for delivery companies to turn up.Just so much better if you can just pop up to the local sorting office, which for me is 10 mins walk.

*chr*chr*chr

Same here, but I think it varies a lot depending on where you live. None of the big couriers have depots in Salisbury so life can get awkward but the PO sorting office is next to the railway station so it's easy. But a chum who lives in Swindon says the Post Office is a real pig for them.

Ciao ... John

Olybirder
5th November 2013, 11:40 AM
Being self employed I always get my stuff delivered to work where possible. It is much easier and they can usually find us.

When you lot get the chance to try out your new grips can you see if the shutter button requires a much firmer shove than the one on the camera or is it just my copy?

Ron

brian1208
5th November 2013, 11:49 AM
our local friendly postie delivered mine too, just sat in waiting for the DHL van now (hope it makes it, the parcel left Belgium at 4.20 CE time this morning and its coming DHL Express)

pault
5th November 2013, 11:58 AM
Ron,
Interesting you should ask this question. I am on my second camera (E-M1). The first one had a very soft touch shutter button and initially I had problems accidentally taking two shots when I only intended the one.
This second camera has a much stronger spring and hence stiffer operation.
On the HLd-7 the button is the same sort of tension as my later camera, except the button is more recessed into the adjuster dial, this stops you accidentally knocking the button and taking a shot unintentionally.
Incidentally, my returning the original camera was not related to the shutter button.
Hope this helps
pault

Olybirder
5th November 2013, 12:11 PM
Ron,
Interesting you should ask this question. I am on my second camera (E-M1). The first one had a very soft touch shutter button and initially I had problems accidentally taking two shots when I only intended the one.
This second camera has a much stronger spring and hence stiffer operation.
On the HLd-7 the button is the same sort of tension as my later camera, except the button is more recessed into the adjuster dial, this stops you accidentally knocking the button and taking a shot unintentionally.
Incidentally, my returning the original camera was not related to the shutter button.
Hope this helps
pault
Thanks Paul. The shutter on my camera seems very sensitive and I, too, have the problem of ending up with two shots of everything. In fact I have turned off sequential shooting now to stop it happening. The stiffness with the button on the grip could be that the button is more deeply recessed than the one on the camera. I press it as I would with the camera but nothing happens, so I have to press it harder and that can make me move the camera, blurring the image. Hopefully, it is just a case of getting used to it.

Ron

Chevvyf1
5th November 2013, 12:49 PM
Postie stopped by with a box of "Gifts" for the ONE from Olympus :)
Now rec'd the Grip and Adapter :)

jamsa
5th November 2013, 01:13 PM
Just posted my paperwork off this morning....fingers crossed for a quick delivery :)

DavyG
5th November 2013, 01:13 PM
Postie stopped by with a box of "Gifts" for the ONE from Olympus :)
Now rec'd the Grip and Adapter :)

Hi Chevvy,

When did you post off your claim form to the German address?

I sent mine off on 7th October and have heard nothing since.

Thanks,

Dave

Chevvyf1
5th November 2013, 01:25 PM
Hi Chevvy,

When did you post off your claim form to the German address?

I sent mine off on 7th October and have heard nothing since.

Thanks,

Dave

Dave, 5th Oct 2013 *chr hope that helps ...

DavyG
5th November 2013, 05:39 PM
Dave, 5th Oct 2013 *chr hope that helps ...

Thanks Chevvy,

Hopefully my freebies will show up later this week. :)

Dave

Peter_Hartland
5th November 2013, 09:56 PM
My grip arrived today, Happy bunny. I also see they have extended the offer now, so Those not register do so quickly