PDA

View Full Version : EM-1 AF Target selection

bilbo
23rd October 2013, 03:14 PM
So I've got the camera set to use one AF target, and I have it centred in the PDAF diamond display.

I find that if (in the ready to shoot, nothing going on state) I inadvertently press the Up, Down or Left, Right arrows, this changes the position of the AF target in that direction.

I don't want it to do this. I'd rather in that instance that these arrows did nothing.

Have I somehow set something to cause this behaviour? Or is this a default behaviour? How can I stop it?

Thanks in advance!

andym
23rd October 2013, 03:23 PM
It's in custom menu, cog B, button function, second page up,down,left,right symbol. Set it to off.

bilbo
23rd October 2013, 03:31 PM
It's in custom menu, cog B, button function, second page up,down,left,right symbol. Set it to off.
I love this forum.

Andy - thank you! *chr

photo_owl
23rd October 2013, 03:34 PM
this is another example of where the grip changes the ergonomics positively IMO - used without it I was catching these buttons (and on the Pen's they are a nightmare because I do want to use them as designed but keep using them by mistake!) but with the grip I haven't inadvertently adjusted the AF point once!

Iansky
23rd October 2013, 06:14 PM
Thanks Andy for sharing this one, it has been a frustration to me a few times - now resolved.

drmarkf
23rd October 2013, 06:38 PM
this is another example of where the grip changes the ergonomics positively IMO - used without it I was catching these buttons (and on the Pen's they are a nightmare because I do want to use them as designed but keep using them by mistake!) but with the grip I haven't inadvertently adjusted the AF point once!

Yes, I've found exactly the same (well, strictly, I did it once in about a thousand frames, but that'll do :) )