PDA

View Full Version : What a transformation!!!!!

Haisbro
19th October 2013, 09:15 AM
I've had a EP1 kicking about in a cupboard for a few years, coming out now and again for the odd outing. With the EM1 due it was time to shift some gear. I thought it might be a good idea to update the firmware on the camera prior to sale and in doing so i came across this blog.

http://www.alexcoghe.com/a-new-camera-olympus-e-p1-with-the-new-firmware-update/

Yeah right i thought.

So i downloaded v1.4.

Half and hour earlier sitting in my dining room cum office the camera had great difficulty in focusing on anything without hunting etc..

30 minutes later as the blog intimated i had a new camera in my hands. Snapped onto any thing and everything that had previously been a struggle.

Now what do i do.

David

Chevvyf1
19th October 2013, 09:20 AM
Keep it :) and save a fortune ! or .... let someone else have the FUN with it :)

Ulfric M Douglas
19th October 2013, 09:52 AM
My e-P1 only gets used with the 17mm it came with : and that's always been great at focusing and in my opinion never slow, except when the indoor light is dim : I use different cameras & lenses for that stuff anyway.

I may never update its firmware but thanks for the reminder.

baldyd
17th February 2014, 09:15 PM
I keep mine; it is great with the pani 20mm, in an ever ready case for pub use. I use a nice B&W pre-set (orange filter, 16:9 ratio) and get great classic B&W style shots, the noise is pretty unobtrusive even at higher ISOs and the camera is now cheap enough not to worry about.