PDA

View Full Version : The 60mm Zuiko Lens.

edmund473
18th October 2013, 02:11 PM
I have just ordered this lens for my M-5 it has taken me some time to decide but seeing the excellent quality that have been posted here it has made up my mind. John.

David Morison
18th October 2013, 02:18 PM
I have just ordered this lens for my M-5 it has taken me some time to decide but seeing the excellent quality that have been posted here it has made up my mind. John.

I think you will love it John - I certainly do.

David

Olybirder
18th October 2013, 02:25 PM
I am considering purchasing one of these as a first m4/3 lens for my new E-M1. It is a choice between this or the 45mm f1.8. Part of its appeal is that it is splashproof and the macro facility would be useful at certain times of the year. It is more expensive than the 45mm though. What are the main strengths of the 60mm apart from macro?

Ron

StephenL
18th October 2013, 02:45 PM
To be honest, I sold mine. There was absolutely nothing wrong with it - IQ was good, but the focal length for me, with having the 45mm and 75mm, was neither here nor there, and I'm not really into macro.

brian1208
18th October 2013, 03:17 PM
its a superb tool for macro, I find it works well hand-held using half-press AF to acquire crude focus lock then with the button kept half-pressed "body rock" the camera and me to get critical focus on the eye (or whatever is your selected point of interest).

Caress the shutter button closed a fraction of a second before it "pops" in the EVF and bingo, another sharp and detailed macro! :D

Olybirder
18th October 2013, 03:22 PM
Thanks for the vivid description Brian. It was almost as if I was there. :D

Ron

edmund473
19th October 2013, 08:57 AM
I have the Zuiko 50mm macro lens that I have used with the OMD-M5 but have found that focusing was very difficult it was my choice when using the E3
if any body has the new OMD-M1 and has tried the 50mm Zuiko lens some images would be appreciated. I also think it could be used for portrait work.
John.*yes

niranhopper
4th November 2013, 12:01 PM
Good lens. I own both 75mm and 60mm. Never wanted the 60mm but it was a gift. The 60mm is pretty good for portrait shots as well and the weather sealing is a useful feature with the EM5. For moving objects and bokeh, the 75mm is better.

Anne
4th November 2013, 03:33 PM
The 60mm is an amazing lens for macro. With the E M5 I will often use the screen to focus and take the photo. It might be 'cheating' but it means I can stand back from the bug, hold the camera & lens an inch or so from the fly, touch the point I want it to focus on and instantly take the photo. The bug doesn't stand a chance and the photos are turning out better than me looking through the viewfinder :) if you like macro, the image quality is excellent.