PDA

View Full Version : Olympus Service-Plus

StephenL
17th October 2013, 11:21 AM
I registered my E-M1 for Service-Plus when I first got the camera, but so far have had no confirmation email. Has anyone?

DerekC
17th October 2013, 11:30 AM
No I registered on the day it arrived but I have not received anything regarding service plus

photo_owl
17th October 2013, 11:49 AM
If you click on the E-M1 in your registered products listing to see the details it will (should) have a Service Plus badge to the right, and an Extended warranty of 6 months against it.

StephenL
17th October 2013, 11:58 AM
If you click on the E-M1 in your registered products listing to see the details it will (should) have a Service Plus badge to the right, and an Extended warranty of 6 months against it.
Well spotted! Now we just need the "dedicated phone number".

bilbo
17th October 2013, 12:03 PM
So does all that mean we get a 30 month warranty?

Because from my order confirmation from Olympus, I have this:

Warranty Regulations
In addition to the one year World Wide Warranty, issued by Olympus Corporation in Japan, the European warranty, issued by Olympus Europa Holding GmbH, is valid for two years from the date of purchase. Please notice that this warranty is in addition to and does not affect the customer's statutory rights. You can find detailed information on the following webpage: http://www.olympus-europa.com/consumer/208_1564.htm
We support certified refurbished products with a one- year warranty.

photo_owl
17th October 2013, 12:07 PM
So does all that mean we get a 30 month warranty?

yes - subject to complying with the Service Plus conditions

ie it's in addition

brian1208
17th October 2013, 12:52 PM
I e-mailed Olympus support because it seemed to be taking a long time for the EM-1 to show, a very nice, prompt response came back confirming all was OK - so well done Olympus for me

Olybirder
17th October 2013, 03:50 PM
One question. When it asks for the purchase date, I hope that is not the date of the original Order Confirmation, as that is more than four weeks ago. I assume I can use the dispatch date?

Ron

bilbo
17th October 2013, 03:59 PM
One question. When it asks for the purchase date, I hope that is not the date of the original Order Confirmation, as that is more than four weeks ago. I assume I can use the dispatch date?

RonUse the date you received it.

StephenL
17th October 2013, 04:08 PM
Use the date you received it.
Exactly. That's what I do for everything.

Olybirder
17th October 2013, 04:24 PM
Thanks. I have now registered for Service-Plus and charged one of my batteries. Nothing left to do now but wade through the manual a few more times.

Ron

photo_owl
17th October 2013, 05:12 PM
Thanks. I have now registered for Service-Plus and charged one of my batteries. Nothing left to do now but wade through the manual a few more times.

Ron

shame you don't have access to any of the MMF's locally to borrow - unfortunately I had already left when I realised your prediciment so couldn't get an old MMF-1 in the post to you for the weekend :mad:

Olybirder
17th October 2013, 05:50 PM
shame you don't have access to any of the MMF's locally to borrow - unfortunately I had already left when I realised your prediciment so couldn't get an old MMF-1 in the post to you for the weekend :mad:
Thanks Mr Owl but I am sure I will be able to survive another week without it. I still have my E-30. I am passing the time by charging the other battery now. That's the one for the virtual battery grip. :)

Ron