PDA

View Full Version : o my word i love my new camera.

beckyi90
15th October 2013, 09:19 PM
as per the title.

Ross the fiddler
15th October 2013, 09:35 PM
That's great! Now we'd love to see some photos from you with it. *yes

*chr

OlyPaul
16th October 2013, 08:08 AM
Whats not to like, I still use mine even though I have the E-M5.:)

Graham_of_Rainham
16th October 2013, 09:25 AM
Ian let me use one at the Olympus event at Murder Mile Studio, and I liked it so much I went straight out and got one.

I have 9 - 150 mm in three lenses and it all fits in a small bag that I can carry around all day.

Brilliant little camera.

beckyi90
18th October 2013, 07:51 PM
I'm waiting for a new memory card to be delivered as my old one is snapped. its so difficult not to use it!

Iansky
17th November 2013, 12:23 PM
Great small camera that makes a great backup camera, problem is, the camera is so small and light that it may get more use than the Em 1!!!!!!!!

Darren B
25th November 2013, 10:14 AM
Got mine this week and enjoy using it. I'm suprised by how solid it feels.

Ross the fiddler
25th November 2013, 10:28 AM
Got mine this week and enjoy using it. I'm suprised by how solid it feels.

Well, let's not muck about! We want to see it & photos from it. :D *yes

Darren B
25th November 2013, 11:07 AM
Lol, I've only just joined this site and I need six posts before I can post photo's on here. There will be pictures coming I can assure you. I will be giving the 14-42 a work out this afternoon.

Zuiko
25th November 2013, 11:14 AM
Lol, I've only just joined this site and I need six posts before I can post photo's on here. There will be pictures coming I can assure you. I will be giving the 14-42 a work out this afternoon.

Hi Darren, sorry about the six post rule, which includes pictures, links etc. It's to give us a fighting chance of weeding out the spammers before they cause too much disruption.

However, would-be spammers are now trying to get around this by entering spam in their personal details and messages on their profile pages. I've already banned one today and we've had a spate of dozens over the last few weeks!

Looking forward to seeing your pictures when you have enough posts. :)

Ross the fiddler
25th November 2013, 11:17 AM

That's OK. ;)
Welcome & hope you enjoy this forum. We're looking forward to seeing photos from you when ever you're ready (after your 6 posts). *yes Thankfully this site (which is the BEST one I've come across) doesn't expect photos like a certain forum that's based in Tasmania. :rolleyes:

Zuiko
25th November 2013, 11:49 AM
I've already banned one today

Make that two! Grrrrr!

benvendetta
25th November 2013, 12:34 PM
Since I have had my new E-M1 I have used my EPL-5 more (:(), but it is so convenient. I am thinking that maybe I should get a small pancake lens for my EPL-5 (17mm or 20/25mm) and use it for street stuff in the main - a really small and light combo and keep the E-M1 for other stuff.

Zuiko
25th November 2013, 12:41 PM
Since I have had my new E-M1 I have used my EPL-5 more (:(), but it is so convenient. I am thinking that maybe I should get a small pancake lens for my EPL-5 (17mm or 20/25mm) and use it for street stuff in the main - a really small and light combo and keep the E-M1 for other stuff.

How about the new Panny 12-32mm? That's a seriously small zoom lens with reputed high IQ. :)

Darren B
25th November 2013, 01:22 PM
Hi Darren, sorry about the six post rule, which includes pictures, links etc. It's to give us a fighting chance of weeding out the spammers before they cause too much disruption.

That's ok, it's the same with most forums these days, don't know about the in Tasmania though.
I took advantage of the free 17mm f/2.8 lens offer and can't wait for it to be delivered. I've got the P20 and it is a great lens, but I thought it looked a tad to big on the camera.

Lindsay D
21st December 2013, 07:51 PM
Congrats on the new camera Becky, I bought one of those a few weeks ago and I absolutely love it. Even though I'm fortunate to have an office full of top-of-the-line Olympus and Canon equipment, it's the EPL5 that I tend to reach for. It's wonderful to have a tiny but massively powerful camera with me at all times, weighing next to nothing. It's also a great second camera or backup for professional assignments. It seems to offer slightly better IQ than the EM5, which I would guess is down to a more recent processing engine and the lack of a high pass filter. I've also bought the VF3 to keep me going on very bright days, it's good to have the best of both worlds. I will also say that the kit lens which accompanied it is surprisingly good for everyday outings.

Graham_of_Rainham
21st December 2013, 11:56 PM
I have the Toshiba FlashAir card in my E-PL5, which allows me to download images to the iPhone or laptop wirelessly.

It really is a surprisingly good camera.

Have fun with it.

*chr