PDA

View Full Version : HELP! OM T10 Ring Flash 1

bilbo
14th October 2013, 04:34 PM
I have acquired one of these, complete with the T Power Control 1.

On the ring flash there are modelling lights which require a 6v Power Pack 2.

This can be seen here: http://www.alanwood.net/photography/olympus/power-packs.html#powerpack2

Does anyone know what polarity the 2.1 mm power connector is please?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Imageryone
14th October 2013, 04:45 PM
Are you thinking of using a generic 6v charger, Bilbo? with changeable polarity?

bilbo
14th October 2013, 04:48 PM
Are you thinking of using a generic 6v charger, Bilbo? with changeable polarity?
Well, not a charger as such. I'll strap together 6v worth of batteries and attach a 2.1mm connector. What I'm concerned about is connecting it the right way round. :)

David M
14th October 2013, 04:52 PM
I used a voltage selectable power adapter but can't remember which way round the polarity was or even if it mattered for the modelling lights.

Graham_of_Rainham
14th October 2013, 04:59 PM
They are conventional lamps so will run in either polarity.

Convention is PIN +ve

Imageryone
14th October 2013, 04:59 PM
Never had one of these in my OM days, but I did have the upright Power Bounce grip and if memory serves me right, that was live in the centre and negative on the outside.

You might find info in here http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography/hardwares/classics/olympusom1n2/shared/flash/

Hope it helps.

bilbo
14th October 2013, 05:02 PM
Thanks everyone. I was imagining that they might be LEDs. Should've known better I suppose :)

I've still got my Power Bounce grip but only ever used it with batteries in the handle.

Thanks again. *chr

David M
14th October 2013, 05:14 PM
That's what I thought Graham but it's got to be nearly 20 years since I used my OM macro flash gear.

Naughty Nigel
15th October 2013, 04:39 PM
Thanks everyone. I was imagining that they might be LEDs. Should've known better I suppose :)

I've still got my Power Bounce grip but only ever used it with batteries in the handle.

Thanks again. *chr

I have the E-System Ring Flash set, which uses a control unit which looks remarkably similar to the FL50 with its head chopped off!

However, that still uses conventional bulbs as modelling lights, so I would be surprised if the older unit used LED's. Indeed, white LED's are a comparatively modern technology, so ordinary light bulbs are still used in a lot of equipment; and as Graham says, they are not fussy about polarity.