PDA

View Full Version : Happisburgh Blow

Haisbro
13th October 2013, 04:31 PM
Time lapse using my E3 in and around my village during last weeks windy weather.

http://youtu.be/n6L6dkGhuyQ

Zuiko
13th October 2013, 04:35 PM
Now that's what I call windy - nice one, David! *chr

Haisbro
13th October 2013, 04:43 PM
Thanks, sand got everywhere!

David

Zuiko
13th October 2013, 04:52 PM
Thanks, sand got everywhere!

David

Yes, it's a good job you were using an E-3, I hope it was a sealed lens too! *yes

deckitout
13th October 2013, 05:42 PM
Nicely done, how many images was that

Haisbro
13th October 2013, 07:23 PM
Thanks, about 1600.

David

ian p
13th October 2013, 07:33 PM
I see the wind was tipping the camera. It should be possible to post stabilise it. Although I've never tried it.

I liked the Benny Hill bloke running in zig-zags along the beach. (0:30-0:38)

Now what sound track do you think would suit it?

Haisbro
13th October 2013, 08:58 PM
It is not as smooth as I would have liked but considering conditions it's ok.

Olybirder
13th October 2013, 10:29 PM
Nice and wild David - I like that a lot. Too many days like that, though, and Anneka will have to come and paint the lighthouse again. :)

On a more serious note, it is remarkable to see all that sand being whipped off the beach. Rather worrying, looking at those eroded cliffs.

Ron

Haisbro
14th October 2013, 06:48 AM
As a point of interest and not that long ago the beach area in view was the site of Happisburgh's second lighthouse called Low Light. The sand levels are high at the moment and at times like this you can step off the cliff top and walk down the slope. At other times when the tide and weather have scoured the beach of sand the drop would be enough to kill you. The rise and fall of the level of the beach would make a great subject in itself but it would probably take 2-3 years to cover the range. Every few years the levels drop so low that the foundations of the old lighthouse emerge from the sand.

Coastal erosion has been high in these parts recently as during the last winter we had weeks of Easterlies pounding the soft cliffs. The caravan site had to move the front two rows of statics to allow for the loss of land on his site. There was also a road from near to the point where i was standing across where the new bay is.

David