PDA

View Full Version : Olympus online shop orders for the E-M1

Ian
10th October 2013, 09:51 AM
I have just received word that the first online shop orders will be shipped early next week. Shop stock is just arriving at the warehouse.

Anyone who has claimed the free MMF-3 adapter and/or HLD-7 grip will get these at the same time as their E-M1.

E-M1 body-only and 12-50 kits will be shipped initially. 12-40 kits are not expected until early November.

The order backlist is large not everyone will dealt with in the first batch, but Hopefully by this time next week we will have a lot more happier members here.

Ian

brian1208
10th October 2013, 11:13 AM
Sounds good news for those waiting

On a slightly different tack Ian, do you have any idea when those of us who purchased elsewhere will start to see the free offer grips / MMF-3 coming out?

TonyR
10th October 2013, 11:24 AM
Ian, any idea what the order backlist is for the 12-40 kit? I ordered on 21st Sept.

Ian
10th October 2013, 11:27 AM
Ian, any idea what the order backlist is for the 12-40 kit? I ordered on 21st Sept.

Not really sure I understand? My original post says 12-40 kits aren't expected until early November?

Ian

Ian
10th October 2013, 11:28 AM
Sounds good news for those waiting

On a slightly different tack Ian, do you have any idea when those of us who purchased elsewhere will start to see the free offer grips / MMF-3 coming out?

I will try to find out.

Ian

TonyR
10th October 2013, 11:34 AM
Not really sure I understand? My original post says 12-40 kits aren't expected until early November?

Ian

Well, I am asking about whether there have been a relatively large number of orders for the 12-40 kit. What I really want to know is what my chances are of getting my kit early in November.

If there have been a huge number of orders for this kit within the first few days, my chances are presumably reduced?

I wish I'd gone to SRS.

brian1208
10th October 2013, 11:37 AM
I will try to find out.

Ian

thanks, your efforts on our behalf are much appreciated

Ian
10th October 2013, 12:36 PM
I will try to find out.

Ian

MMF-3 and grips for dealer orders will be sent out mainly next month and December, I am told.

Ian

Ian
10th October 2013, 12:37 PM
Well, I am asking about whether there have been a relatively large number of orders for the 12-40 kit. What I really want to know is what my chances are of getting my kit early in November.

If there have been a huge number of orders for this kit within the first few days, my chances are presumably reduced?

I wish I'd gone to SRS.

I am told that all pre-orders for the 12-40 kit ordered from the shop should be fulfilled in with the first batch next month.

Ian

TonyR
10th October 2013, 02:03 PM
I am told that all pre-orders for the 12-40 kit ordered from the shop should be fulfilled in with the first batch next month.

Ian

Whoop whoop! Thanks Ian.

Ian
10th October 2013, 02:33 PM
OK, more clarification for body-only orders; some Oly shop customers will get their cameras next week and then all remaining orders to date will be fulfilled in early November,

Ian

Grumpy Hec
10th October 2013, 02:34 PM
Just spotted this. Thank you Ian for getting this information to us. *chr

Fingers crossed that I'll be in the first batch *please

ta

Hec

wellyboot
10th October 2013, 02:42 PM
I know this is a thread for the Olympus shop, but there seems to be a distinct lack of body only E-M1's with all the retailers. Also it seems that the retailers don't know when they will arrive either.
I am waiting patiently for my order from SRS, but they aren't sure when the next batch will arrive, possibly the end of next week, but they also don't know how many units.
So, like many others on here, I have no idea when my body will arrive either.
I just wondered if you had any idea what the retailer situation was as well Ian. Obviously not individual retailers, but in general are units going to be sent out in dribs and drabs, or is it likely to be November for us waiting from retailers also.
Many thanks
Marcia

brian1208
10th October 2013, 03:33 PM
MMF-3 and grips for dealer orders will be sent out mainly next month and December, I am told.

Ian

thanks a lot Ian

Ian
10th October 2013, 03:40 PM
Just spotted this. Thank you Ian for getting this information to us. *chr

Fingers crossed that I'll be in the first batch *please

ta

Hec

I don't want to get your hopes up too high as the bulk of online shop orders will be fulfilled in the second tranche at the beginning of November.

Ian

Grumpy Hec
10th October 2013, 03:46 PM
I don't want to get your hopes up too high as the bulk of online shop orders will be fulfilled in the second tranche at the beginning of November.

Ian

Argghhh - that's not so good.

Is it shortage of camera's, MMF-3 or HLD-7? Perhaps a combination?.

I shall revert to my normal grumpiness then after a brief bout of cheer.

Thanks for being straightforward though Ian.

Hec

Ian
11th October 2013, 09:17 AM
Argghhh - that's not so good.

Is it shortage of camera's, MMF-3 or HLD-7? Perhaps a combination?.

I shall revert to my normal grumpiness then after a brief bout of cheer.

Thanks for being straightforward though Ian.

Hec

It's a shortage of camera bodies.

Ian

Grumpy Hec
11th October 2013, 09:47 AM

Ian

Thanks Ian. Fair enough.

Perhaps we all ought to be pleased it's such a success as it should help to ensure further onward development and support for the system in the years to come.

cheers

Hec

OM USer
11th October 2013, 10:12 AM

When the E-M5 came out there was a shortage of bodies and many people had to wait. However demand for this camera seems to continue (not sure how the E-M1 release may affect this, early days).

It will be good for all concerned if this initial demand for the E-M1 is also sustained over the next 12 months, translating into long term confidence in a good camera rather than just the effect of a largish number of 4/3rds DSLR owners all trying to upgrade to a newer sensor all at the same time.

brian1208
14th October 2013, 01:01 PM
Regarding the supply of battery grip and adapter under the free offer, does anyone know if we should receive confirmation back from the handling company that they have received our claims form (for those who didn't buy via the Olympus Shop)

I've sent mine off then it struck me that there seems to be no way of knowing whether they have received it (may be a convenient excuse if kit really is in short supply)

With previous offers (Olympus and "other") I have always received acknowledgement + an indication of likely supply date, this one seemed a bit vague

Tradetalk
14th October 2013, 01:15 PM
Regarding the supply of battery grip and adapter under the free offer, does anyone know if we should receive confirmation back from the handling company that they have received our claims form (for those who didn't buy via the Olympus Shop)

I've sent mine off then it struck me that there seems to be no way of knowing whether they have received it (may be a convenient excuse if kit really is in short supply)

With previous offers (Olympus and "other") I have always received acknowledgement + an indication of likely supply date, this one seemed a bit vague

Totally agree Brian, I'm wondering that as well!

StephenL
14th October 2013, 01:19 PM
In the past I've had no acknowledgement, the freebies have just eventually arrived.

brian1208
14th October 2013, 01:37 PM
thanks Stephen, I guess we will just have to keep our fingers crossed :)

Grumpy Hec
14th October 2013, 03:28 PM
To be honest I now have no expectation of a timely delivery.

I am hanging on to, what will probably be a vain, hope of getting my order before I go for a weekend in the Yorkshire Dales at the beginning of November.

I would like to know one way or the other but as with the delivery itself I no longer have expectation of any useful information other than that which Ian has managed to dig out on our behalf for which I do thank him.

Hec

jamsa
14th October 2013, 04:11 PM

I am hanging on to, what will probably be a vain, hope of getting my order before I go for a weekend in the Yorkshire Dales at the beginning of November.

I would like to know one way or the other but as with the delivery itself I no longer have expectation of any useful information other than that which Ian has managed to dig out on our behalf for which I do thank him.

Hec

My order was placed just under a month ago and I did not anticipate or was advised that there were going to be delays (The only mention was Mid Oct for the 12-40 kit I dint see that as a problem). It later transpired that there were overall delays and shortages.
I was tempted to jump ship and change brands but felt it was too much hassle. But now I am having to buy more gear as a stop gap unless by miracle I get a call tmw to say I am definitely getting a camera this week!

If the pre-orders were totalled up over the UK, then Europe and across the planet perhaps the total figure "X" could have been matched with the limitation of production capacity and surely a figure and a date could have been advised for when one matched the other...

Thanks Ian for the information you are striving to achieve, however I don't think you should be having to "striving" as simple updates from Olympus would help. ;)

Phill D
14th October 2013, 07:20 PM
Brian I sent my claim RM tracked post and have been able to confirm that it was delivered in Germany. Now just have to hope it was OK and is being actioned. I'll post on here when I receive anything.

brian1208
14th October 2013, 07:34 PM
damn, I should have thought of that - stupidly assumed it was UK only :(

Ross the fiddler
14th October 2013, 10:55 PM
Olympus in Australia have been giving us confirmation emails for submitting claims, but this time they are stating we need to allow 12 weeks for delivery of the bonus item, so I guess they are trying to cover their butts well with that timing. I don't believe I received any other emails after that & the item (or cash back) just eventually arrived, so that part sounds to be universal policy. Communication was then done through a small forum or blog if we wanted to hassle them for progress information on these items, but now it is via facebook, twitter or direct email (or phone).

Ian
15th October 2013, 06:50 AM
Julia recently ordered a Camelia plant from Amazon and the predicted delivery date was a bit close to when it was needed as a present for her parents' 50th wedding anniversary celebration two Sundays on. She contacted the company selling the plants and explained her situation. I think this was on the Friday. The plant arrived on the Monday - almost a week before the party :)

Ian

The Saint
15th October 2013, 07:45 AM

Hec

Grumpy

I'm in the same position was hoping for the ONE before we go to Yorkshire Dales at the beginning November. Whereabouts are you going?

Simon

Grumpy Hec
15th October 2013, 11:40 AM
Grumpy

I'm in the same position was hoping for the ONE before we go to Yorkshire Dales at the beginning November. Whereabouts are you going?

Simon

Simon

Keld. A friend owns a hotel there and we have another friends birthday bash. Hoping for lots of photo opportunities. Waterfalls and the like given those are in short supply in the Essex marshes!

hec

The Saint
15th October 2013, 09:49 PM
Simon

Keld. A friend owns a hotel there and we have another friends birthday bash. Hoping for lots of photo opportunities. Waterfalls and the like given those are in short supply in the Essex marshes!

hec

We are down in Kettlewell in a family friend's cottage. Like you say looking forward to getting out into some interesting countryside.

Simon