PDA

View Full Version : broken epl3

beckyi90
9th October 2013, 10:46 PM
:( write protect was constantly on and now it says card error. by the looks of it some of the connectors to the memory card are bent. no idea how this happened any advice?

George Dorn
10th October 2013, 05:15 AM
Have you looked at the card? There is a write protection switch on the edge of it that might have gotten flipped.

beckyi90
10th October 2013, 07:46 AM
Yeah checked that and tried 3 different cards :/
Gutted, been looking at new bodies recently anyway but just don't have the money!

Zuiko
10th October 2013, 09:23 AM
Hi Becky, sorry to hear your problem. It seems unlikely that the connectors to an SD card could have become bent (unlike the pins in CY card slots) unless a card has been rammed in the wrong way round with some force. I might be worth contacting Olympus Service for advice, to see if they can recommend a possible fix you could try at home. Sorry I have no other suggestions.

beckyi90
12th October 2013, 07:52 PM
by the looks of it there was a slight crack in the memory card that caused it. got a repair priced up at 75 but then fixed the problem completely by finding a nice deal on an EPL5 :D cant wait for the postman to arrive next week.

Imageryone
12th October 2013, 09:21 PM
Becky, have just had this problem with a friends Sony, turned out to be the little tag on the original card. I too tried a few cards with no result, went bak to the original and just kept moving the tag and finally it worked and unlocked the camera. It has been fine since.