PDA

View Full Version : Gallery comment weirdness

veggiesosage
10th December 2007, 09:03 PM
Its weird (hence the title) but if I look at some of my pics via the My Photos link it says there are no comments. But, if I look via the messages at one that says someone has made a comment, lo and behold, said comment is there. Is this a bug?

shenstone
10th December 2007, 10:19 PM
I've also noted somethign strage. I just uploaded a few images and then looked at todays images in teh calendar control and I sa many of them duplicated. When I look in my album thy are not duplicated.

Not sure what's going on so if I've done something daft please let me know.

Regards
Andy

theMusicMan
10th December 2007, 10:28 PM
I also have found some weirdness with the gallery comment notifications. I have searched for a setting that will allow me to recieve all comments made so I can reply to those. At the moment, there have been a few comments made to my images that I had no idea of, and felt a little rude for taking so long to reply.

I make it a habit of looking regularly now as I don't want anyone to feel I am ungrateful to them for taking the time to reply.

Scapula Memory
11th December 2007, 10:00 AM
I uploaded some pics just to get advice on, and because they are not in an album I cant see a way to delete them. Or did I miss something obvious:confused:

John.

Ian
11th December 2007, 10:16 AM
We run PhotoPost, which is designed to work with the forum software we run, vBulletin. The PhotoPost/vBulletin integration is good, but not 100%.

The latest version of PhotoPost that we run also introduced a lot of new features but the roll out was not, in my view, ideal and some aspects of the software changes were very odd.

The internal gallery comment/rating notification system is not integrated with the vBulletin private mail system, which is a shame.

If you upload a picture and include it in more than one album or category, it will appear more than once.

I'm not 100% sure about the deletion issue - I will look in to that. As a general note - be careful about deleting images as there is a chance they may be displayed in a forum post.

Ian