PDA

View Full Version : Message from Olympus UK re E-M1 supply issues

Pages : [1] 2

Ian
9th October 2013, 08:21 AM
I have been in touch again with Olympus' Mark Thackara and here is a message for everyone who is experiencing delays and uncertainties regarding the supply of their E-M1 plus lenses/accessories:

I agree it is all frustrating but demand is higher than expected and whilst communication needs improving we are working on this.

1 - It is only week or so since we started shipping

2- We did not promise anywhere that I am aware of (and I have asked about news letters and web etc) that on-line shop orders would get preference.

3 - We started to ship to dealers and to initial on-line orders at the same time with based on the proportion of customer pre-orders.

4 - Re our plans for dealers: The overwhelming emphasis in our planning is to try and promote a healthy dealer sector - how else will people see product? Giving people the option to order on-line direct is something we have done for some time as do most other companies. Some people prefer it and it gives choice. The sectors will co-exist.

5 - The whole payment process was based on the pre-launch delivery information i.e: it was thought that orders could be fulfilled within the 30 day banking guidelines. Some deliveries have slipped and if people would prefer a refund and to re-order - they can. I am told we were trying to do the best for those who ordered early to avoid missing out. A single unit I am aware of slipped through the net to a branch without a pre-order but for the vast majority, things are shipping to orders.

Whatever happens we will ensure no one who has a genuine order misses out on the promotion - I can't say much more than that.

I want to personally emphasise that the e-group was conceived by myself and Mark to be a conduit through which Mark and his colleagues could assist Olympus customers and I think the track record of the site speaks for itself. Many members have been helped through the site over the 6-7 years we have been running and the aim continues.

We've been through similar new model supply issues in the past and I am not aware of anyone here who has been left unfairly high and dry. We aren't going to change now!

Ian

G2EWS
9th October 2013, 08:53 AM
Well done and thank you Ian and Mark,

This is the communication we needed.

Best regards

Chris

sapper
9th October 2013, 09:26 AM
Thank you Ian and Mark.
Must say I love this forum, not sure about other brands but one of the head honchos in Oly UK is in touch with ordinary users like me.

But it is like waiting for Christmas for my new toy:D

Bikie John
9th October 2013, 09:37 AM
Thank you Ian and Mark. The message is reassuring, and it illustrates one aspect of the benefits the forum brings.

John

catkins
9th October 2013, 10:21 AM
As said in another thread on this forum, I'm quite relieved to have a bit of time to relax, read up and trying to learn what new techniques 'manic November' will bring to me - bizarrely, it feels a bit like being in the dentist's waiting room waiting for the inevitable filling, only to find that they have a lovely reclining chair, a bright light that feels like the sun, a photo on the wall of a lovely beach and relaxing chill-out music . . . . the anticipation and the mind games beforehand are hopefully the worst part of the whole event!!
So far, my only 'bugbear' with Olympus is that they have stopped producing four thirds cameras - hopefully the E-M1 will prove to me how wrong my fears of change are, with the back-up that the new Pro lenses will prove that the long history of top quality Olympus four thirds mount glass is being successfully transferred to micro four thirds.
Anyhow, many thanks Mark for the update via Ian and this Forum - communication with the loyal supporters is and will continue to be the key to Olympus's future / continued success! Hopefully, by Christmas, we will all be forgetting about 'pre-orders', 'supply and demand' and 'promotion', and concentrating on something else!!
Regards
Chris

bilbo
9th October 2013, 10:32 AM
Hopefully, by Christmas, we will all be forgetting about 'pre-orders', 'supply and demand' and 'promotion', and concentrating on something else!!Like taking pictures perhaps! *chr

catkins
9th October 2013, 10:36 AM
Like taking pictures perhaps! *chr

Or suddenly remembering that I've double booked myself for relatives and in-laws - nothing like a bit of crisis management at Christmas time!! *zzz
Regards
Chris

Bruce Clarke
9th October 2013, 10:59 AM
Thanks for the update Mark and Ian. Reading between Mark's lines, it sounds like dealers are getting priority over the online shop, and haven't heard of anyone who has had an E-M1 related delivery from the latter. I ordered late from the shop, so am not expecting it yet, but those ordered early will hopefully get a fair allocation soon.

Bruce

benvendetta
9th October 2013, 11:20 AM
Thanks Mark and Ian. Although I have yet to order, it is good to know that Olympus UK are engaging with members of this forum direct.

I have some information about another combined venture that I will share with you soon :)

jamsa
9th October 2013, 11:27 AM
I look forward to some more communication from here....ie for example when you ship the next batch out....the kits lens arrivals and anticipated despatch etc. but thank you for this update.
I was close to cancelling the order and looking at other formats , brands and deals but I am still swaying to the E-M1 atm.
I don't spend just short of £2,000 lightly and my wife wont let me forget it so the sooner she sees something in my hand for it the safer and happier I will be!

bilbo
9th October 2013, 11:32 AM
... and my wife wont let me forget it so the sooner she sees something in my hand for it the safer and happier I will be!Tell her she can have her hair done again *couple :)

Grumpy Hec
9th October 2013, 11:39 AM
Tell her she can have her hair done again *couple :)

I bet that happens anyway and that the price is "secret". It is in my house anyway :confused:

Hec

simonknee
9th October 2013, 03:43 PM
Is it possible to discover why my "day one" EM-1 body/grip/mmf3 order is now due an 8th Nov delivery?

Simon

Alpha1
9th October 2013, 04:03 PM
I am just pleased that I pre-ordered through a reliable premier dealer. Thank you. *chr

sapper
9th October 2013, 05:16 PM
I had a phone call from Camera World today. "Mr Hall?", "Yes?" "Did you order an Olympus EM-1 from us?"?, 'Yes I did", (Heart thumping, it's in I thought).
"Well it's not in yet", "Poo".
"Did you know you can get a spare battery, ETC from Olympus if you registered?', 'Yes I did and I have".

Must say I thought it was a bit early, not due in till November, but did get just a little excited when he said who he was.

But what good customer service I thought. They didn't have to remind me to register.
It's no wonder I will shop with them in future.

StephenL
9th October 2013, 05:41 PM
They are all doing this, on instruction from Olympus UK apparently, who want to make sure we don't miss out.

Olybirder
9th October 2013, 05:44 PM
"Did you know you can get a spare battery, ETC from Olympus if you registered?'
Can you really get a spare battery or is this referring to the battery grip?

Ron

StephenL
9th October 2013, 05:45 PM
Grip, as far as I know.

dogsbody
9th October 2013, 06:43 PM
I had a phone call from Camera World today. "Mr Hall?", "Yes?" "Did you order an Olympus EM-1 from us?"?, 'Yes I did", (Heart thumping, it's in I thought).
"Well it's not in yet", "Poo".
"Did you know you can get a spare battery, ETC from Olympus if you registered?', 'Yes I did and I have".

Must say I thought it was a bit early, not due in till November, but did get just a little excited when he said who he was.

But what good customer service I thought. They didn't have to remind me to register.
It's no wonder I will shop with them in future.

Same with SRS, but I had not realised that I had to register. So a gold star for them!

Zuiko
9th October 2013, 07:38 PM
When everyone has received their E-M1 and the dust has settled, maybe as a gesture of goodwill Olympus could donate an E-M1 as a prize for a forum competition. Could I suggest a theme, "Trees of Hatfield Forest," or maybe "Zuiko's Back Garden." :D

Phill D
10th October 2013, 06:21 AM
SRS sent a spare battery and a bag as their own intro offer when the EM-1 was delivered. I didn't realise Oly was offering one as well. As far as I knew the offer from Oly was a battery grip and a 4/3s adapter?

StephenL
10th October 2013, 06:47 AM
I think the bag and battery offer was unique to SRS.

dogsbody
10th October 2013, 02:33 PM
In order to ease my incurable itch to get my hands on an Olympus, I have made an arrangement with SRS with an E-M5. (Basically I have bought a used one) along with lenses ready for the arrival of an EM-1. It seems drastic but I have not dabbled with a camera for nearly a month; this weekend there is an air display at Duxford and I am off to the Isle of Wight soon after.

So fingers crossed that I get on with it.

jamsa
12th October 2013, 06:07 PM
I wonder if the situation could be updated....ie anticipated restock dates if changed etc?
thank you

StephenL
12th October 2013, 06:24 PM
I was reluctantly forced to give up my reservation with SRS, who couldn't give any delivery dates, in favour of a purchase from Park Cameras, who have/had stock, albeit only of 12-50 kits. I would have loved to stay loyal to SRS, but a bird in the hand ...

It arrived yesterday after I placed my order late on Wednesday. Definitely worth buying.

jamsa
12th October 2013, 06:43 PM
I wish we knew who had stock!

StephenL
12th October 2013, 06:46 PM
I wish we knew who had stock!
Just use the telephone ;)

dogsbody
13th October 2013, 10:11 AM
In order to ease my incurable itch to get my hands on an Olympus, I have made an arrangement with SRS with an E-M5. (Basically I have bought a used one) along with lenses ready for the arrival of an EM-1. It seems drastic but I have not dabbled with a camera for nearly a month; this weekend there is an air display at Duxford and I am off to the Isle of Wight soon after.

So fingers crossed that I get on with it.

So fingers crossed that I get on with it

Wow, do I like Olympus!
not going to go into detail because those more eloquent than me have said it all before,

I am struggling to post images directly onto the forum so here is a link to what I think is the pick of the 'keepers'
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jonsaull1967/10230907323/

regards

Jonathan

brian1208
13th October 2013, 10:47 AM
that's a cracking sequence of shots Jonathan

and like you Wow, do I like Olympus!
*chr

Ian
14th October 2013, 09:26 AM
So fingers crossed that I get on with it

Wow, do I like Olympus!
not going to go into detail because those more eloquent than me have said it all before,

I am struggling to post images directly onto the forum so here is a link to what I think is the pick of the 'keepers'
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jonsaull1967/10230907323/

regards

Jonathan

You need to use the Flickr BBCode option:

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7293/10230816435_777ea771b2.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/jonsaull1967/10230816435/)
landing one handed_ (http://www.flickr.com/photos/jonsaull1967/10230816435/) by Jonathan Saull (http://www.flickr.com/people/jonsaull1967/), on Flickr

Ian

blu-by-u
14th October 2013, 09:59 AM
You guys are so lucky. We may be nearer to the point of manufacture, we have no news *note on when we will receive ours. *zzz As for Freebies..na..nothing. :mad:

Lakota
17th October 2013, 06:10 PM
Ordered mine on the 16th september after a few emails to press office and a little pressure from Chris and myself we are now in the position of having the M1 Chris is in Paris but I believe his was due to arrive today.
Mine was sent from Belgium yesterday at 18.30 by dhl express and arrived today in Ireland this afternoon at 17.00 along with free goodies HLD7 Battery pack and Four Thirds Adapter as I registered in september,
First thoughts it looks very small I was expecting something bigger, in a way it seems smaller than the m5, time to charge the batteries and play

bilbo
17th October 2013, 07:30 PM
Regarding the size, it's more like my OM-1 than anything I've owned since.

jmunkki
18th October 2013, 10:58 AM
Ordered mine on the 16th september after a few emails to press office and a little pressure from Chris and myself we are now in the position of having the M1 Chris is in Paris but I believe his was due to arrive today.
Mine was sent from Belgium yesterday at 18.30 by dhl express and arrived today in Ireland this afternoon at 17.00 along with free goodies HLD7 Battery pack and Four Thirds Adapter as I registered in september,
First thoughts it looks very small I was expecting something bigger, in a way it seems smaller than the m5, time to charge the batteries and play

Pressure like this may work so that you get your camera earlier. I ordered the exact same items from the Olympus online shop on the 14th and I have been in touch with the Finnish language representative. For a long time, they predicted an October delivery, but last Monday, I received a phone call and was told that my order had been bumped until November 8th.

It's quite possible that by managing to get your cameras delivered earlier, you are just pushing other customers further into the queue. I don't think our disgruntlement has resulted in any extra deliveries from Olympus in Asia.

In any case, it's just a camera and the only problem the delays will have caused me is that by the time I get the E-M1, the trees will no longer have leaves and it will be the darkest time of the year here in Finland. Photo opportunities to try the new camera will be much slimmer than they would have been in early to mid October.

tomphotofx
18th October 2013, 01:02 PM
The way I see it photo opportunities are always there whether its night or day, inside or outside you just need to open your mind and let the creative juices flow.

I agree with you the waiting time is unacceptable but completely out of the buyers control.:(

Tom:D

Glenn S
21st October 2013, 02:53 PM
I've just heard from Olympus that the deadline for qualification for the free grip and adapter (if already registered for them) has been extended. You now have until 30th November to buy the camera and until 18th December to submit your claim.

snaarman
21st October 2013, 03:01 PM
I've just heard from Olympus that the deadline for qualification for the free grip and adapter (if already registered for them) has been extended. You now have until 30th November to buy the camera and until 18th December to submit your claim.

Mmm.

Anyone got a couple of grand going spare that they could give me. Promise I would invest it wisely. :)

StephenL
21st October 2013, 03:30 PM
Mmm.

Anyone got a couple of grand going spare that they could give me. Promise I would invest it wisely. :)
Just call it fate, Pete. They're trying to tell you something ...

jamsa
21st October 2013, 04:13 PM
Does that mean they expect the 12-40 kits to be even later than originally anticipated...I think I would like it if Olympus could give a forecast or response to say the 12-40 kits are currently on target for deliveries xx/xx/xx.

bilbo
21st October 2013, 06:07 PM
Does that mean they expect the 12-40 kits to be even later than originally anticipated...I shouldn't think that you can read that into what has been said. I would say they are simply recognising the supply issues so far and are trying to maximise E-M1 uptake.

I think I would like it if Olympus could give a forecast or response to say the 12-40 kits are currently on target for deliveries xx/xx/xx.I can't see that happening frankly. It's commercial information that (as Olympus) I wouldn't want in the public domain.

jamsa
21st October 2013, 06:10 PM
Thanks Brian I think the info on the 12-40 kit is already announced... Just keen for an update as I will plan accordingly ;-)

bredman
21st October 2013, 06:19 PM
Ultimately the E-M1 is overpriced. But not with the freebies, they should have just included them with the purchase as standard imo.

I'd love some confirmation that my letter arrived in Germany.

David Morison
22nd October 2013, 07:36 AM
Ultimately the E-M1 is overpriced. But not with the freebies, they should have just included them with the purchase as standard imo.

Yes me too, I posted mine on 7th October and had no response so far. If I don't get any indication that things are progressing by mid November I may post the receipt/voucher copies again.

David

Ian
22nd October 2013, 07:53 AM

If the E-M1 is over-priced, why is it selling so well?

Ian

Ian
22nd October 2013, 07:58 AM
I shouldn't think that you can read that into what has been said. I would say they are simply recognising the supply issues so far and are trying to maximise E-M1 uptake.

I can't see that happening frankly. It's commercial information that (as Olympus) I wouldn't want in the public domain.

There is no change in the expected arrival time for the 12-40 kits of the first half of November. So if there is no change, there is no news.

Ian

dogsbody
22nd October 2013, 09:26 AM
Is anybody else still waiting? (or is it just me?)

Simon
22nd October 2013, 09:44 AM
I pre ordered from a dealer late September and I'm still waiting. End October-early November is their best guess. I was offered the 12-50 kit two weeks ago but turned it down, as I have a 12-60. As the weather is so poor this week (and I'm so busy at work right now), the waiting is more bearable. I'm enjoying some of the pictures posted with the EM 1 instead.

Glenn S
22nd October 2013, 11:19 AM
Is anybody else still waiting? (or is it just me?)

I think everybody who has ordered the 12-40 kit is still waiting. My supplier told me late last week it would be 3-5 weeks wait

George Dorn
22nd October 2013, 11:23 AM
Exactly what Simon said above.

dbutch
22nd October 2013, 11:24 AM
Still waiting for my body only from Oly shop - ordered 13th Sept and now have visa bill needing to be paid! an update would be nice?

Dave

TonyR
22nd October 2013, 11:33 AM
Yes, I'm waiting for the 12-40 kit. I think that I am looking forward to it more than ever since the positive reports and examples of moving subjects on this forum. I'm especially looking forward to trying it with my pany 45-175 X lens which I am hoping might benefit from its 240 Hz coms rate for focusing. I've only used it on my G3. It is a very light lens so I am hoping this may help in its C-AF tracking ability.

jamsa
22nd October 2013, 11:47 AM
That's news ;-) ie simple update ie still on track.... Thank you're

dogsbody
22nd October 2013, 12:15 PM
well I am just waiting for the body only. What is compounding the issue is that I have this this week off, which is an ideal opportunity for going out on day trips, and it is slowly going down the pan.
Unfortunately when I have spoken to my retailer I have been told various things ranging from "you will be next to receive one" - (an apology was received for that.)
"Over the next few days" Imminently" "Hopefully tomorrow" so not the best way to manage customer expectations. From having a retail background it is better to 'under promise and over deliver'

Ian
22nd October 2013, 12:20 PM
I have tried hard to disseminate supply information all along. Did you miss this information? The next batch of product will be early in November.

Ian

well I am just waiting for the body only. What is compounding the issue is that I have this this week off, which is an ideal opportunity for going out on day trips, and it is slowly going down the pan.
Unfortunately when I have spoken to my retailer I have been told various things ranging from "you will be next to receive one" - (an apology was received for that.)
"Over the next few days" Imminently" "Hopefully tomorrow" so not the best way to manage customer expectations. From having a retail background it is better to 'under promise and over deliver'

benvendetta
22nd October 2013, 12:37 PM
Hope that it is not too long as the grip/MMF3 offer finishes on 15 November!

dogsbody
22nd October 2013, 12:44 PM
I have tried hard to disseminate supply information all along. Did you miss this information? The next batch of product will be early in November.

Ian

Hi Ian, thank you yes I did miss it and regret doing so! What makes matters worse is that I am now a confirmed oaf :eek:

ah well, 'oafishness' is all better for being in the open I suppose!

many thanks

Jonathan

Glenn S
22nd October 2013, 12:49 PM
Hope that it is not too long as the grip/MMF3 offer finishes on 15 November!

See post no. 36

benvendetta
22nd October 2013, 01:13 PM
Thanks, very reassuring!

Zuiko
22nd October 2013, 01:49 PM
Hi Ian, thank you yes I did miss it and regret doing so! What makes matters worse is that I am now a confirmed oaf :eek:

ah well, 'oafishness' is all better for being in the open I suppose!

many thanks

Jonathan

No problem, Jonathan, we all have our moments and this forum is getting busier all the time so it is easy to miss posts and threads. November is fast approaching so hope you don't have too much longer to wait. :)

bredman
22nd October 2013, 02:42 PM
If the E-M1 is over-priced, why is it selling so well?

Ian

Because many people (i suspect the vast majority) have factored in the battery holder. And the adapter. I'm assuming that's why some folk are getting slightly tetchy, because they need that sales receipt.

StephenL
22nd October 2013, 02:50 PM
Because everyone has factored in the battery holder. And the adapter. I'm assuming that's why some folk are getting slightly tetchy, because they need that sales receipt.
Thats a bit of a sweeping statement, ”everyone"! I certainly didn't for one. I wouldn't be worried if the freebies didn't turn up. I bought the camera because of its specification. To me, it's not overpriced. If it were, I wouldn't have bought it. "Overpriced" means "I can't afford or justify it".

bredman
22nd October 2013, 02:58 PM
Thats a bit of a sweeping statement, ”everyone"!

I altered my post.

bredman
22nd October 2013, 03:06 PM
Thats a bit of a sweeping statement, ”everyone"! I certainly didn't for one. I wouldn't be worried if the freebies didn't turn up. I bought the camera because of its specification. To me, it's not overpriced. If it were, I wouldn't have bought it. "Overpriced" means "I can't afford or justify it".

For the record i paid what i perceived to be a too high price because i'm British, and that's how it works here :o . I just think a couple hundred quid cheaper - for the body only - would be better. For obvious reasons.

I want m43 to be strong in an increasingly competitive mirrorless marketplace. Rightly or wrongly i think this is a risky price point for the E-M1.

StephenL
22nd October 2013, 03:32 PM
I want m43 to be strong in an increasingly competitive mirrorless marketplace. Rightly or wrongly i think this is a risky price point for the E-M1.

And so do I. But there's quality and there's perceived quality. I daresay that, when you strip them down, the movements, or the components in those movements, of a Rolex watch are identical in quality to those in a Patek Philippe. But the Patek Philippe is more expensive. Does that make it overpriced? Only to those who don't aspire to own one! ;) And yet they still sell.

I perceive the quality of an Olympus to be better than a Canon. But is it? Yet I'll happily pay more for an Olympus than a Canon.

Ian
22nd October 2013, 03:43 PM
Considering the features and performance plus build quality the E-M1 stacks up well value-wise against rival models in my opinion. It's certainly not a cheap camera and it can be strongly argued that a considerably more affordable OM-D model is now due - even overdue!

Ian

Ian
22nd October 2013, 03:46 PM
Now I know there are many would-be E-M1 owners who are disappointed, frustrated - maybe dare I say a little miffed at the delay of a few weeks in getting their new camera. But put yourself in the position of Canon EOS-1DX owners. They had to wait FIVE months after the camera was announced before it shipped. They have just announced a firmware update today. You can't have it until January... strange but true and it's in my blog:

http://dpnow.com/forum2/blog.php?b=383

Ian

David Morison
22nd October 2013, 03:49 PM
I think that the E-M1 compared to the E5 should be the more expensive camera but it is £200 cheaper introductory price wise.

David

Simon
22nd October 2013, 04:25 PM
Now I know there are many would-be E-M1 owners who are disappointed, frustrated - maybe dare I say a little miffed at the delay of a few weeks in getting their new camera. But put yourself in the position of Canon EOS-1DX owners. They had to wait FIVE months after the camera was announced before it shipped. They have just announced a firmware update today. You can't have it until January... strange but true and it's in my blog:

http://dpnow.com/forum2/blog.php?b=383

Ian

If, like me, you are a railway modeller too, you'll be used to waiting. Bachmann have products in their 2011/12 catalogue that haven't turned up yet, and the retooled class 40 diesel is an impressive FOUR YEARS overdue! :((by which time you've forgotten why you wanted one in the first place). The freebies in the EM1 body offer do make it good value in my opinion, and anxiety for my part has not been about waiting for the delivery of the camera, but making sure I would benefit from the freebie offer. I've had reassurances from Ian and Mark from Olympus here on that score for which I'm grateful. I think the 'first come, first served' notice from Olympus was unhelpful, however.

catkins
22nd October 2013, 05:09 PM
Well, I'm still quite enjoying the wait for the E-M1 12-40 kit, but it's frustrating in the sense that there are quite a few interesting events for me to photo in the next few weeks, all of which would have been ideal test of the E-M1 12-40mm kit:

(I'll put some links to some of my Picasaweb albums - apologies if non-Google+ users have problems as sometimes the Picasa Web Albums don't open properly)

A short visit to the Brecon Beacons (probably wet and damp so good to test the weatherproofness!) https://picasaweb.google.com/103084505107039555636/BreconBeaconsAutumn2011?authuser=0&feat=directlink

A great firework display in Hexham that is probably now one of the best in the north east (great to test low light abilities) http://www.hexhamroundtable.org.uk/bonfireflyer.pdf & https://picasaweb.google.com/103084505107039555636/20111106EventsHexhamFireworkDisplay2011?authuser=0&feat=directlink

Tyne Tour 2013, based in Hexham again, which is Europe's largest mass participation canoeing event (great for testing out the focusing capabilities) http://www.tynetour.org/ & https://picasaweb.google.com/103084505107039555636/CanoeEventTyneTour2007?authuser=0&feat=directlink

Whitby Goth weekend (great for all the colours to test the colour qualities of the sensor and would have been ideal for the 12-40mm pro lens!) https://picasaweb.google.com/103084505107039555636/WhitbySpringGothWeekend2013?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCKmFhMPxwvOcHA&feat=directlink (spot the Olympus Event photographers! http://www.damianmcgillicuddy.com/resources/articles/whitby-goth-weekender)

oh well, patience is a virtue . . . drat *zzz
Regards
Chris

dbutch
22nd October 2013, 05:16 PM
Hi Ian

I believe the price is right, and I was happy to pre-order I guess there are 2 things that now are starting to feel uncomfortable, firstly my credit card was charged straight away and is now due, secondly if I wasn't on this site what communication would I have received? I ordered on the 13th Sept, I half expected delivery around the 12th Oct but if I read right from your comment above we are now looking at November that could be the best part of 2 months. I'm lucky I haven't had to sell equipment to pay for or have a pressing shoot or holiday looming (actually I do have a shoot on the 14th but my current equipment still works) - that doesn't mean a courtesy e-mail from Olympus saying sorry for the delay we will be dispatching your body in the 1st week of Nov or when ever wouldn't go a miss!
I do appreciate your efforts and coms with Olympus for us

Regards

Dave

jamsa
22nd October 2013, 05:40 PM
Well said.... I sold a lot of gear in order to help finance the EM1 kit. I was led to believe this would be middle October but the local retailer also took my money the day after I paid (sept18th) I have had no communication from anyone and only what I had read on here and I had to phone the retailer twice for updates the last one two weeks ago said a delivery was expected last week but they did not know what it would consist of.
I pre registered and therefore Olympus have my details and could if they had chosen to ,email me and everyone else to say ( sorry folks we had huge demand and or technical hitches and a slight /delay was anticipated).

A lot of this has been said already and Olympus ( Ian and Mark) have realised that there were some short comings with this launch and offer but this will help for future events. I also realise that some of the problems are out of Olympus UK's hands.

I had to buy another camera, lens and batteries due to the kit date being Nov. So will no doubt make another loss in selling the camera I bought to fill in the gap between my EM5 and EM1.
I learned lesson here and wont be doing this pre order again.

Hi Ian

I believe the price is right, and I was happy to pre-order I guess there are 2 things that now are starting to feel uncomfortable, firstly my credit card was charged straight away and is now due, secondly if I wasn't on this site what communication would I have received? I ordered on the 13th Sept, I half expected delivery around the 12th Oct but if I read right from your comment above we are now looking at November that could be the best part of 2 months. I'm lucky I haven't had to sell equipment to pay for or have a pressing shoot or holiday looming (actually I do have a shoot on the 14th but my current equipment still works) - that doesn't mean a courtesy e-mail from Olympus saying sorry for the delay we will be dispatching your body in the 1st week of Nov or when ever wouldn't go a miss!
I do appreciate your efforts and coms with Olympus for us

Regards

Dave

dogsbody
22nd October 2013, 05:51 PM
The perception of expense and value is an interesting thing. And having worked with a premier German car manufacturer a good few years ago it is something that I have previously thought of. For me because the EM-5 was so highly rated it presents the prospect of a great quality product, and coming from another manufacturer I feel as if I am buying into a class leading product made by the leading manufacturer of CSC's, that justifies the price, strangely the price reinforces that message. I think that Olympus have been bold and ambitious with their statement "Designed to outperform DSLR's " So
pricing it below the cost of high end DSLR's would call into question the credibility of that statement.
For me I see this as 'future proofing' it will do everything that I need it to and want it to, and hopefully my 'GAS' will be abated! Judging by what retailers have told me Olympus have been surprised with the demand for the camera, and I guess that to whet an appetite they have to get some into the market. If I was a senior manager at Olympus would I want to flood the market from day 1? No. I would want people like me commenting ( OK I whinge not comment) that they want their camera, and trying to manage the expectations of the customers ( but the poor retailers have to do that bit)

Does the demand bode well for Olympus? I certainly think it does, and I am glad because my hobby/passion/interest would be poorer without it.

bilbo
22nd October 2013, 06:40 PM
The perception of expense and value is an interesting thing. And having worked with a premier German car manufacturer a good few years ago it is something that I have previously thought of. For me because the EM-5 was so highly rated it presents the prospect of a great quality product, and coming from another manufacturer I feel as if I am buying into a class leading product made by the leading manufacturer of CSC's, that justifies the price, strangely the price reinforces that message. I think that Olympus have been bold and ambitious with their statement "Designed to outperform DSLR's " So
pricing it below the cost of high end DSLR's would call into question the credibility of that statement.
For me I see this as 'future proofing' it will do everything that I need it to and want it to, and hopefully my 'GAS' will be abated! Judging by what retailers have told me Olympus have been surprised with the demand for the camera, and I guess that to whet an appetite they have to get some into the market. If I was a senior manager at Olympus would I want to flood the market from day 1? No. I would want people like me commenting ( OK I whinge not comment) that they want their camera, and trying to manage the expectations of the customers ( but the poor retailers have to do that bit)

Does the demand bode well for Olympus? I certainly think it does, and I am glad because my hobby/passion/interest would be poorer without it.It's a great camera. Subjectively, it's a quantum leap better than my E-3 with the same lenses, and within its limitations, at times, I can make the E-3 sing (no really, honest, spare my blushes...)

What's better about the E-M1 for me so far is the accuracy of the autofocus (hunts a bit at times on some 4/3 optics, but spot on or what?) and the noiseless blackness of the blackest blacks that I've asked it to blacking look at.

I love it.

bredman
22nd October 2013, 06:50 PM
I think the 'first come, first served' notice from Olympus was unhelpful, however.

Absolutely. To offer a deadline too just didn't make sense.

About my overpriced comment. Of course i know how the market works, everything is priced to what the market will bear, and Olympus may have got this right, and i have handed over my hard earned cash. However Olympus get it wrong an awful lot re. accessories, hoods, etc.. It's an expensive system and if i had to pay for the battery pack (which i need and use) i'd be thinking twice.

Anyway, carry on.

bredman
22nd October 2013, 07:38 PM
The price of the (possibly rebadged Pana GF1) imminent Leica m4/3 camera will be interesting. No matter the price, it will sell like hot cakes i'm sure.

OM USer
23rd October 2013, 12:35 PM
If, like me, you are a railway modeller too, you'll be used to waiting. Bachmann have products in their 2011/12 catalogue that haven't turned up yet, and the retooled class 40 diesel is an impressive FOUR YEARS overdue! :((by which time you've forgotten why you wanted one in the first place). The freebies in the EM1 body offer do make it good value in my opinion, and anxiety for my part has not been about waiting for the delivery of the camera, but making sure I would benefit from the freebie offer. I've had reassurances from Ian and Mark from Olympus here on that score for which I'm grateful. I think the 'first come, first served' notice from Olympus was unhelpful, however.

I've been waiting almost 2 years now for a model from Hornby (it is on order). There is no expectation of when it will arrive and there is a possibility that even when it does I may not get allocated one. As most model railway items are of a limited run if you don't get one when they ship than thats it, you don't get it.

My E-M5 took six weeks to arrive so the delay on the E-M1 is commensurate. At least you know you will get it.

My only comment on the process, and this is not specific to Olympus, is that manufactures know how many items are rolling off the production lines, they know the shipping times to various parts of the world, presumably they know how many items they are going to ship and to whom, so why don't the dealers know how many they are going to get and when (and allocate them to customer orders)? What part of this process in this "age of information" is causing a problem?

jamsa
23rd October 2013, 12:40 PM
I just spoke with the retailer with my order.. re the 2=12-40 kit....my enquiry on anticipated deliver has slipped to the end of November according to them.....

I wonder how true this will turn out to be....?

Simon
23rd October 2013, 01:04 PM
I've been waiting almost 2 years now for a model from Hornby (it is on order). There is no expectation of when it will arrive and there is a possibility that even when it does I may not get allocated one. As most model railway items are of a limited run if you don't get one when they ship than thats it, you don't get it.

My E-M5 took six weeks to arrive so the delay on the E-M1 is commensurate. At least you know you will get it.

My only comment on the process, and this is not specific to Olympus, is that manufactures know how many items are rolling off the production lines, they know the shipping times to various parts of the world, presumably they know how many items they are going to ship and to whom, so why don't the dealers know how many they are going to get and when (and allocate them to customer orders)? What part of this process in this "age of information" is causing a problem?

I think the model railway world has a very different understanding of delivery dates seeing as manufacturers announce new products before they've begun the CAD drawings! Most likely down to a much smaller, specialised market with, as you say, very limited runs.

As has been discussed on some threads, we may be right to attribute uncertainty about delivery to a significant underestimate of initial demand, which is good for the continuity of the brand, and perhaps to some spread betting on pre-orders which makes it difficult for dealers to satisfy the actual orders they process, not wanting to be left with units that may take a while to sell. I pre-ordered with a dealer (Harrisons of Sheffield) who did not take the money upfront, but I have sympathy with those who have already paid. Not to have a delivery date in this situation is understandably frustrating at the very least.

daved
23rd October 2013, 05:56 PM
I posted 2 enquiries on the Oly UK shop website, one about 2 weeks ago and the other at the back end of last week, to find out what was happening. No answer, came the loud reply. Today I phoned Oly EU to find out what is happening. There are three things of interest:

1. The person I spoke to at Oly EU (presumably Jaroslav Zika who signed the email) said he thought the Olympus UK shop was keeping all its own customers up to date. He also said he would investigate and email me shortly. He did just that, and the email is shown below. I did have a little moan about the lack of communication and he sounded very stressed, as though he'd heard the same thing many, many times already.
2. Target timescales seem to have slipped.
3. I expected the body-only orders to be fulfilled first. It looks like the policy is to be the other way around.

-email------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Dear ...,

We would like to personally update you on the status of your E-M1 pre-order.
First quantities of the new Olympus OM-D will become available this week (E-M1 body and 1250mm kit).
Unfortunately, quantities for the E-M1 body only version are highly limited at the moment and the high demand exceeds the available quantities. Thus we won`t be able to fulfil all pre-order requests right at the sales start. We are now working hard to get as many quantities as possible during the next 3 weeks and we will notify you personally upon their availability. All items will be shipped to you via express upon availability. Estimated delivery: first week of November (November 8th).
Also, we want to inform you that in order to keep your pre-order valid and authorised in our systems we already charged the total amount.
Usually we only charge our customers etc. when the products are actually shipped out. Until then, the money is only "reserved/blocked" on the credit card. As per bank institute settings the total amount is reserved for max. of up to 28 days (payment "authorisation"). When it became clear to us due to the high demand, that we won`t be 100% able to send out the goods within this time frame we charged the money to keep the order. Otherwise it would have been cancelled automatically and you would have had to place the order again which is much more inconvenient from a customer point of view. Should you have any issues with this, please let us know and we will deal with it imminently.
Please be assured that we will try to meet your expectations as best as possible and that we are currently doing our utmost to get you your camera.
Many thanks for your understanding.
Should you have any questions or queries, please don`t hesitate to get in touch with us.

Kind regards,
Jaroslav Zika

For the Olympus Online Shop Team"
-end email--------------------------------------------------------------------

On the surface it looks like some people in the supply chain are working very hard to pull it all together, like my correspondent, and others are perhaps not so customer savvy, like the UK Olympus shop who could manage to reply to two separate requests for an update.

jamsa
23rd October 2013, 06:41 PM
If his new date if Nov 8th for your order then it might indeed mean there has been further slippage for the 12-40kits. I hope that Olympus review still further the closing dates for free item applications as if I am away when my order arrives at the retailer then I may not have it with receipt in time to make the claim..... Not my fault.
Olympus please listen... I am miffed with reports of "lockups" in a professional camera and miffed that I have to call my retailer for info and be told that my order for the 12-40kit isn't expected until the end of Nov!

jmunkki
24th October 2013, 11:43 AM
Note that I received the exact same message as in post #79, except in Finnish language, on October 11th. None of the information in that message is new - in fact, it's almost two weeks old now. My last e-mail from Olympus was on October 14th, but there was no update on the availability in that message (it was a response to an email I sent them). I have also received a phone call from them, informing me that I'm not going to be one of the "lucky few" who get their cameras in October.

We might be wiser in 2 weeks time.

paullus
26th October 2013, 11:27 AM
Have we actually got official confirmation that the 12-40 kit will not be arriving until the end of November?
I have not received a reply to the email I sent to Olympus last Monday asking for an update.
I go on holiday on 16th November and was banking on having my E-M1 by then when I ordered it on 12th of September and then paid for it on the 30th.

Steve

jamsa
26th October 2013, 01:00 PM
Have we actually got official confirmation that the 12-40 kit will not be arriving until the end of November?
I have not received a reply to the email I sent to Olympus last Monday asking for an update.
I go on holiday on 16th November and was banking on having my E-M1 by then when I ordered it on 12th of September and then paid for it on the 30th.

Steve

I was told by Ffordes that they were no longer expecting the 12-40 kits until the end of November.

ayewing
26th October 2013, 05:23 PM
Thanks Jamsa, I was going to phone or email Ffordes on Monday to ask how my order for the 12-40 kit was progressing. You have saved me the trouble.

I hope Steve gets his E-M1 kit in time for his holiday but it does not look too promising. I should be ok for my Australian trip in the New Year or is that being optimistic as I placed my order in early October?

jamsa
26th October 2013, 05:59 PM
Yes I was there on Tuesday ...I think the supply issues should be resolved by the time the 12-40 kits come into stock at the end of Nov, unless the quality control slows production I suppose.

Ian
29th October 2013, 04:22 PM
I am reading that people are being given later dates than we have here regarding the expected supply of more E-M1 bodies and the first 12-40 kits here in the UK. I have checked with Olympus and there is no change to the original forecast; E-M1 bodies to clear the backlog of body-only orders is due at the beginning of November, so in the next week to ten days or so. 12-40 kits are due in a week or so after that. Dealers saying the end of November may be 'managing expectations'!

Ian

dogsbody
30th October 2013, 03:14 PM
During a lunch break I called into my retailer and was pleased to see they have a 'display EM-1' and of course it would have been rude not to have a go with it.

my thoughts.

Lovely! (is that the shortest review so far?)

I hope that my dealer is just tring to 'manage my expectation', in telling me that with present supply I could be waiting for another 3 weeks (unless they get a decent delivery) I am kicking myself for not going with the 12-40.

Still it is only a camera :eek: isn't it?

and I do have the 'rented 5' which is superb....

Ian
30th October 2013, 03:38 PM
I am now hearing a change in schedule.

Some people will get 12-40 kits earlier than expected, as early as next week. But don't get too excited, the flow of stock is starting earlier than forecast but will be small at first increasing in supply rate over time.

Body-only orders are as per the original forecast with stock arriving for distribution to countries this week and next.

Ian

bredman
30th October 2013, 04:53 PM
Not particularly relevant but i see on other more international forums that the 12-40 'lens only' is starting to get through to buyers.

jamsa
30th October 2013, 05:17 PM
I cancelled my 12-40 kit order but kept the body only order, spending the difference on a different camera.... I might regret it in time but that's life...

dogsbody
30th October 2013, 06:08 PM
I know that for those who have their M1's or have handled one on an open day this post may seem a bit pointless But for me it was the first time that I had chance to pick one up, so rather belatedly I would like to give my initial thoughts.
I was struck by how right it felt, perhaps not as ergonomic as my previous camera but there really was not much in it, but there was an immediate sense of build quality; phenomenal! The feel of the buttons and switches was spot on, and the shutter release, if that was a trigger on a shotgun surely it would be on a Purdey.

Having come from Pentax I also handled their new flagship K3. It is an impressive camera, but the M1 feels superior and by no small margin. Have I already got used to OMD proportions? because it felt well; bulky. My experiences with the 'rented' E5 have been some of my most enjoyable with a camera. Moving to Olympus was one of my better decisions.

Frankly I am a fanatical convert!

bilbo
30th October 2013, 07:36 PM
...but there was an immediate sense of build quality; phenomenal! The feel of the buttons and switches was spot on, and the shutter release, if that was a trigger on a shotgun surely it would be on a Purdey.

I think that Purdey is about right. Or should that be Purrrrrrrr-dey? :)

Having come from Pentax I also handled their new flagship K3. It is an impressive camera
Asahi Pentax is a venerable line and the cameras are legendary. If there ever was a camera that I lusted after in the years when, as a schoolboy, I could not afford to join the SLR club, it was the Spotmatic. Hell, how I wanted one of those! Amateur Photographer's camera review pages were all the pornography I needed in the mid 1960's. Aside by the way: Who here remembers Victor Blackman?

but the M1 feels superior and by no small margin.
Pedantry here :) - please don't call it that!

To paraphrase Crocodile Dundee, that's not an M1... this (http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography/hardwares/classics/olympusom1n2/OlympusM1LarryShapiro/index.htm) is an M1 :)

Moving to Olympus was one of my better decisions.

Me too.

The OM-1 was my first SLR in the early 1970's. Like your comments above, it just felt right, and was my first ever experience of WYSIWYG photography. I've still got a low mileage OM-1N that comes out every now and then. It gets serviced like a vintage car. I just love it. :)

Frankly I am a fanatical convert!
Welcome to the club! *chr

StephenL
30th October 2013, 07:46 PM
I had a Pentax SP500. And yes, I well remember Victor Blackman. And the Wallace Heaton Blue Book. Now, if Ian's as old as he claims, he might just remember the tail end of that!

sapper
30th October 2013, 07:53 PM
Victor Blackman's column was the first item I turned to in the AP many years ago.
And who remembers Photo News Weekly, a weekly newspaper?

And Ricardo from another age, in the AP, wrote on composition.

bilbo
30th October 2013, 08:00 PM
Victor Blackman's column was the first item I turned to in the AP many years ago.Cameravaria :)

Ian
31st October 2013, 09:46 AM
I had a Pentax SP500. And yes, I well remember Victor Blackman. And the Wallace Heaton Blue Book. Now, if Ian's as old as he claims, he might just remember the tail end of that!

After dropping out of Uni studying computer science, I was a camera shop manager in North London by the time I was 21 (1982). Earlier in about 1975 I camera across my first OM-1 when a schoolmate brought one to school. I was in the school photographic society by then and spending more time in the dark room than doing sports! A neighbour had a Pentax SP1000. Most of my classmates had Praktica LTLs or Zenit Bs and Es. I think the first 'real' camera I used was an Agfa Silette. Later I had a Minolta SRT-101 and then a really lovely XE-1 (a friend from Hong Kong would bring a new camera back from home each year and eventually sell it before going home and getting another one!) I was attracted to the Miranda system for a long time - a poor man's Nikon F with its interchangeable finders and actually pretty good lenses. Those were the days!

Ian

PS Amateur Pornographer, as it was known at school in the mid-late 70s, was frequently banned from the school library. It was also about 2 inches thick! I was featured in it in I think 1982 when the North London shop I was then managing (Harringay Photographic) won the AP Dealer of the Year Award. I later managed the Leyton store, Marston & Heard.

StephenL
31st October 2013, 10:43 AM
Oh, I used to buy stuff mail-order from M&H! Mainly photo paper, I think.

Graham_of_Rainham
31st October 2013, 10:46 AM
Ah! The shutter speed test tables, center/edge images (of the front of the boat across the Thames), and the scepticism of anything "electronic"... ;)

I still have some old mags in the garage if anyone wants a nostalgia trip.

Ian
31st October 2013, 01:20 PM
Oh, I used to buy stuff mail-order from M&H! Mainly photo paper, I think.

Yeah, it was people like you that caused the mail order warehouse in Clapton to nick my shop stock! :D

Ian

Bikie John
31st October 2013, 02:34 PM
Back to the present (and the thread topic :) ) - just had a phone call from my friendly LCE branch to say that they have a rather heavy box for me. Since I ordered a 12-40 kit and they won't be available until late November, I wonder what it could be? Better mosey on down to find out I suppose .....

And back to the diversions, I also remember Victor Blackman, the old AP and some of the old camera shops. I bought an Oly 35RC from Wallace Heaton at London Bridge in about 1975.

Ciao ... John

Glenn S
31st October 2013, 02:43 PM
Amazon have knocked £306 off the price of the EM-1 with 12-40!

bilbo
31st October 2013, 02:50 PM
Amazon have knocked £306 off the price of the EM-1 with 12-40!It isn't fulfilled via Amazon though - it's with an offshore company "EC Crescent"...

TonyR
31st October 2013, 02:53 PM
Ouch! Is it too late to cancel my order?

Grumpy Hec
31st October 2013, 02:57 PM
Back to the present (and the thread topic :) ) - just had a phone call from my friendly LCE branch to say that they have a rather heavy box for me. Since I ordered a 12-40 kit and they won't be available until late November, I wonder what it could be? Better mosey on down to find out I suppose .....

And back to the diversions, I also remember Victor Blackman, the old AP and some of the old camera shops. I bought an Oly 35RC from Wallace Heaton at London Bridge in about 1975.

Ciao ... John

And I've just heard that my body plus MMF-3 & HLD-7 should be with me on Friday. :D

Tomorrow that is. :D:D

By noon hopefully. :D:D:D

Less than 24 hours.:D:D:D:D

Hope it's before I leave for Yorkshire otherwise I'll have to wait until Sunday evening to have a play. :(

I'm not looking forward to it at all. You can tell can't you :rolleyes:

Hec

Glenn S
31st October 2013, 02:58 PM
It isn't fulfilled via Amazon though - it's with an offshore company "EC Crescent"...

look again: Offshore co. - £1643.29

Amazon - £1689.85

DerekW
31st October 2013, 03:12 PM
Back to the memory lane posts - I attended a talk by Victor Blackman at Hayling Island Camera Club some time in the mid 70s - his talk was pretty good. Even earlier than that I think I remember buying cheap paper (ex military surplus) from Harringay Photographic in the late 50s, it was on a very stiff and I think described as water proof.

bilbo
31st October 2013, 03:39 PM
look again: Offshore co. - £1643.29

Amazon - £1689.85I think I would be inclined to pay the extra £46 and go with Amazon UK.

I see that Amazon have also got the body only on at £1117.43 if you're not too concerned about delivery speed.

However since I've already got my E-M1, I won't be buying another! :)

quickben
31st October 2013, 05:05 PM
Wex just emailed that body plus 12-40 kit delivered. Courier tomorrow hopefully and with me on plane to Cape Town on Saturday

bredman
31st October 2013, 05:34 PM
Great news.

*clap

Ian
31st October 2013, 06:07 PM
Back to the memory lane posts - I attended a talk by Victor Blackman at Hayling Island Camera Club some time in the mid 70s - his talk was pretty good. Even earlier than that I think I remember buying cheap paper (ex military surplus) from Harringay Photographic in the late 50s, it was on a very stiff and I think described as water proof.

When I first arrived at Harringay Photographic the place was a tip. The shop had several storeys and there was evidence of some 'illicit' movie making some time in the past upstairs! But basically the place was full of ex-military gear, much of it wrapped in waxed paper, from projector lamps to RAF aircraft surveillance cameras and lenses. Much of this was very sellable. We had boxes full of junk that customers loved to spend hours sifting through :)

We also sold our own-brand film and processing chemicals; BARFEN (re-sold short-dated stock, often from Fuji). At one point it was being manufactured in some back rooms in the shop.

Ian

Ian
31st October 2013, 06:07 PM
Wex just emailed that body plus 12-40 kit delivered. Courier tomorrow hopefully and with me on plane to Cape Town on Saturday

Aha, so my Olympus info was correct :D

Ian

dogsbody
31st October 2013, 06:15 PM
The 'foretelling'

Friday 1st November, at approximately 11am when a mobile phone rings and is answered. The caller (from Watford) says
"Hello, just to let you know that your camera is in stock."

well it could happen , couldn't it?

wellyboot
31st October 2013, 06:24 PM
The 'foretelling'

Friday 1st November, at approximately 11am. A mobile phone rings and is answered. caller (from Watford) says
"Hello, just to let you know that your camera is in stock."

I wouldn't hold your breath!! All I was told via emai (from Watford)l today was that the latest batch were on their way!
Given that on 3rd October I was told that judging by where I was on the list I would be getting a call very soon, I think I've given up hope of getting one any time soon!!
Bah Humbug!! Grumpy old woman of Bedfordshire!! ;)

dogsbody
31st October 2013, 06:33 PM
I wouldn't hold your breath!! All I was told via emai (from Watford)l today was that the latest batch were on their way!
Given that on 3rd October I was told that judging by where I was on the list I would be getting a call very soon, I think I've given up hope of getting one any time soon!!
Bah Humbug!! Grumpy old woman of Bedfordshire!! ;)

It seems that along the line we have both had the same info .....maybe you are right, and I should put my optimism back in its box, why can I not learn to forget about it and not get my hope up on a Friday!

A 'have been grumpy at times' middle aged bloke in Herts (only about 45 minutes from Watford on (a clear run))

The Saint
31st October 2013, 07:27 PM
Just got an email from Olympus shop with my invoice attached, nothing else, so I assume they have dispatched. but who knows?

It's a bugger that I'm going on holiday tomorrow and won't have it in time, so close but so far!

Simon

dogsbody
31st October 2013, 07:35 PM
Just got an email from Olympus shop with my invoice attached, nothing else, so I assume they have dispatched. but who knows?

It's a bugger that I'm going on holiday tomorrow and won't have it toingin time, so close but so far!

Simon

Oh man that is tough. Something to look forward to when you get home though.

The Saint
31st October 2013, 07:44 PM
Well just got an email from Andre "my man from Olympus" and he's sent me the tracking details and confirmed it's gone out tonight on next day delivery so still a chance it might arrive before I have to leave.

Got to say Andre has been more than helpful, not many companies would be answering emails at 7.30 at night!

Simon

Phill D
31st October 2013, 07:47 PM
I've got my fingers crossed for you Simon.

dogsbody
31st October 2013, 08:00 PM
me too, here is hoping that it arrives for you Simon!

hotbath1962
31st October 2013, 08:29 PM
I also have an emailled invoice from Olympus Europe for the 12-40 kit. Is it really on its way or is this to comply with the 30 day law!

Philip

jmunkki
31st October 2013, 10:18 PM
I paid on September 30th, ordered on 14th. No invoices in the mail (body only order). The Finnish sales rep has a note to get in touch and send or phone me a tracking number for the delivery, so I can be at home to receive it when it comes (or redirect it to our office).

Maybe I'll get lucky and there will be aurora borealis after mine comes...the live view bulb mode should be fantastic for that. We apparently had some auroras here last night (late at night).

ashtonsd
31st October 2013, 10:33 PM

Me too! Then they called me and took payment for the kit. I have the tracking number and should receive my camera and lens tomorrow so I will be taking two charged batteries with me to work.
;-)

The Saint
1st November 2013, 08:14 AM
E-m1 has departed Heathrow, but where is it going now? To my house or another more local sorting office to be dispatch on Monday (to an empty house)? This is a right bugger as I'm only around the corner from Heathrow today as well. I hate it when companies dispatch items late/not as planned as I could have changed the delivery address or delivery type eg to next day am.

Oh well just guess I'll have to keep waiting and see what happens. At least I now have a tracking number so I can up and say don't send it back I'll pick it up on my return from Holliday.

Simon

jamsa
1st November 2013, 08:31 AM
I hate it more like yesterday when a courier drives off after logging no answer at home when I was sitting by the door at the time they log it on their terminal....(it's not the em1).
Down to a driver in a rush who can't be bothered delivering my parcel grrrrr

jamsa
1st November 2013, 08:34 AM
I notice the Amazon prices are very keen.... So do I now ask ffordes to match the price? Or cancel and refund order with Amazon and save over £250!

paullus
1st November 2013, 08:38 AM
Good morning.
Has anybody received their 12-40 kit with adapter and grip direct from the Olympus Shop yet?

Just had a look at Amazon's M1 prices:

Body only: £1040.38

12-50 kit: £1162.30 Both from EC Crescent *Wordwide Shipping* 6-10 day delivery. Probably Grey import at that price.

12-40 kit: £1949.00 direct from Amazon but not in stock.
it's actually shown at £1689.85:eek: on the search results page but the actual price is shown when you click the product link

Steve

quickben
1st November 2013, 10:35 AM
I hate it more like yesterday when a courier drives off after logging no answer at home when I was sitting by the door at the time they log it on their terminal....(it's not the em1).
Down to a driver in a rush who can't be bothered delivering my parcel grrrrr

It has happened to me today - WEX were brilliant last night - phoned them up and because order was over 4 weeks ago they only took payment then and organised the 24 hour delivery for today, which is great as off to Cape Town tomorrow.

I am only back home at lunchtime so partner is at home today to make sure courier can deliver - I check the tracking and it says they tried to deliver at 9:05 - and she was in front room, light was on etc etc. Lazy bugger just put a card through rather than bang on the door. Luckily it has been left at local post office so I can collect it this afternoon but Parcelforce are just so much rubbish. Will post later after I unpack the kit and stop drooling like a loon.

The Saint
1st November 2013, 10:45 AM
Well just got email for DHL saying parcel sent to incorrect facility, sent to correct destination whatever that means!

Tracking a parcel is useful if it actually tells you something you can understand.

Simon

paullus
1st November 2013, 10:52 AM
I've just tried to contact the Olympus shop for an update on the 00800 65967873 number but there is a fault on the line!!!:(

Steve

glynnbach
1st November 2013, 11:00 AM
I've just tried to contact the Olympus shop for an update on the 00800 65967873 number but there is a fault on the line!!!:(

Steve

I called them this morning but couldn't get anything better than "it should be with you by 15th November".

dogsbody
1st November 2013, 11:31 AM
I called them this morning but couldn't get anything better than "it should be with you by 15th November".

is that for the 12-40?

:confused:

glynnbach
1st November 2013, 11:35 AM
It was for body only.

dogsbody
1st November 2013, 11:59 AM
It was for body only.

hang on let me check my calendar,
nope its not April 1st!

so let's hope it is a case of 'managing expectation'

I wish that once in a while I would let my head take charge of the decision making process!

Harbrimar
1st November 2013, 12:11 PM
Well having seen the post from Glenn S (many thanks) I ordered the 12-40mm kit from Amazon (Not the 'EC Crescent' site) last night and paid £1693.84 inc. postage for estimated delivery on 4 November. Fingers crossed, I hope it arrives on that date. On the negative side I see the price on Amazon is back up to the normal price again.

jamsa
1st November 2013, 12:23 PM
A second wave if frustrated customers....... ;-)

paullus
1st November 2013, 12:24 PM
Well having seen the post from Glenn S (many thanks) I ordered the 12-40mm kit from Amazon (Not the 'EC Crescent' site) last night and paid £1693.84 inc. postage for estimated delivery on 4 November. Fingers crossed, I hope it arrives on that date. On the negative side I see the price on Amazon is back up to the normal price again.

Harbrimar I wish you every bit of luck with your order obviously but the Amazon site is now stating despatch within 1-4 months.

For me and others in my position though this is getting seriously beyond a joke. I've heard nothing from Olympus about my 12-40 kit and now on the face of it people have paid £300 less for it with a promise of delivery in a matter of days.
Am I wrong to be P****d off!!

Steve

TonyR
1st November 2013, 12:25 PM

Well done. Good catch.

I got my G3 that way when John Lewis priced the white version at £365 for a few days when the black was £545 or similar.

jamsa
1st November 2013, 12:42 PM
Harbrimar I wish you every bit of luck with your order obviously but the Amazon site is now stating despatch within 1-4 months.

For me and others in my position though this is getting seriously beyond a joke. I've heard nothing from Olympus about my 12-40 kit and now on the face of it people have paid £300 less for it with a promise of delivery in a matter of days.

Steve

Well said.... You can't tell me that the Amazon ones are of a different quality (lol). But if amazon are as good as usual for despatch and delivery it is a real smack in the face for retailers and customers who have kept patience with this stock debacle!

dogsbody
1st November 2013, 01:19 PM

Steve[/QUOTE]

no i dont think so. I am only waiting for a body, if this is the case and Olympus have released stock to the general market while dealers have a list of waiting customers, that is hard on their dealers and their cistomers. Very poor indeed.

jamsa
1st November 2013, 02:03 PM
Amazon can locate stock from anywhere legally..... I hope everyone that is waiting well not have to wait much longer.... Angry once again!

StephenL
1st November 2013, 02:21 PM
As long as their American-sourced goods come with the UK 2 year warranty ...

quickben
1st November 2013, 05:28 PM
Happiness is retrieving the parcel from Post Office and now waiting for battery to charge.... Just need to copy the documentation to the iPad for the holiday - really looking forward to trying the 12-40 :)

jamsa
1st November 2013, 05:38 PM
Happiness is retrieving the parcel from Post Office and noSeptember iting for battery to charge.... Just need to copy the documentation to the iPad for the holiday - really looking forward to trying the 12-40 :)

Lucky you! No calls, no information, no idea when to expect one...... paid 18th Sept ...... :confused:

Wee man
1st November 2013, 05:43 PM
SRS took delivery of stock today I got the magic phone call but they will post on Monday. Funds taken today.

dogsbody
1st November 2013, 05:53 PM
SRS took delivery of stock today I got the magic phone call but they will post on Monday. Funds taken today.

Congratulations, unfortunately I decided to put my loyalty on hold, as I have sourced one elsewhere. not happy to have done that but no doubt SRS will relive me of more £ in the future.

The Saint
1st November 2013, 06:01 PM
Mine has just been delivered after getting lost today. Luckily due to the M25 being closed we had to change our plans and leave later than hoped to go on holiday, so now I have something to play with while I'm away!

Simon

jamsa
1st November 2013, 06:08 PM
Blimin marvellous..... So happy for those fortunate ones.... But for those of us lesser beings "we are not worthy" lol;-)

StephenL
1st November 2013, 07:26 PM
I'm dead jealous of all these new E-M1s going out to new owners. Even though I've already got mine. :confused: i reckon I want to relive the pleasure I felt the first time I used it. :D

paullus
1st November 2013, 10:07 PM
There are lots of people now receiving their orders but no details of what they have got. How many if any have received the 12-40 kit with free adapter and grip, when was it ordered and paid for and from where?
Cheers,

Steve

quickben
2nd November 2013, 05:39 AM
There are lots of people now receiving their orders but no details of what they have got. How many if any have received the 12-40 kit with free adapter and grip, when was it ordered and paid for and from where?
Cheers,

Steve

12-40 kit ordered from WEX on 10 Sept - delivery on 1 Nov. Offer registered 12 Sept. Hard copy going via snail mail (as no option to email PDF) so delivery will be ???

Phill D
2nd November 2013, 08:02 AM
Looking forward to seeing some 12-40 shots then.

Phill D
2nd November 2013, 08:04 AM
Simon really chuffed it worked out for you. Have a great holiday.

Bikie John
2nd November 2013, 09:39 AM
Looking forward to seeing some 12-40 shots then.

I would show you a shot of my kettle, but the general state of the kitchen is too embarrassing to expose publicly.

From the very little playing I've done so far it looks like a very tasty lens indeed :)

Ciao ... John

Bikie John
2nd November 2013, 09:41 AM
Ordered 12-40 kit at first announcement through local branch of LCE (Salisbury - excellent service as usual) and registered for grip + adapter. Kit arrived Thursday afternoon, currently seeing if we can source the goodies via Oly UK but not expecting to be successful so will probably have to post to Germany early next week.

Ciao ... John

The Saint
2nd November 2013, 10:53 AM
Cheers,

Steve

Body only from Olympus shop, grip and mmf3 included with order.

Simon

benvendetta
2nd November 2013, 11:21 AM
I am hoping that LCE in Bristol will have bodies in next week.

hotbath1962
2nd November 2013, 12:14 PM
12-40 kit received yesterday with MMF-3 and battery grip.

Ordered direct from Olympus to get the freebies with the one order. Wouldn't normally do this but took the risk this time.

Philip

jmunkki
2nd November 2013, 12:21 PM
Most of you are forgetting to state when you placed your orders. It's an important bit of data if we want to verify that the orders from Olympus are being sent in the correct order. If you want to supply that information, it's probably easiest if you just edit the post where you announce getting the camera.

I think the complications of having to get the "freebies" by mailing a receipt to Germany made a lot of people choose the online Olympus shop over their regular dealers. My online shop that I buy most of my electronics from received E-M1 stock nearly a month ago. I think if I had ordered from them on September 14th, I would have received the camera then, but I would then have needed to wait for the MMF-3 to arrive to use my FT lenses.

raichea
2nd November 2013, 12:36 PM
12-40 kit received yesterday with MMF-3 and battery grip.

Ordered direct from Olympus to get the freebies with the one order. Wouldn't normally do this but took the risk this time.

Philip
Did you receive any notice/tracking number etc in advance? I placed the same order on 12 September and nothing so far... :(

Ian
2nd November 2013, 12:40 PM
Anyone who has received their order this week are basically fortunate - most orders were always due to be fulfilled next week.

Ian

raichea
2nd November 2013, 12:50 PM
Anyone who has received their order this week are basically fortunate - most orders were always due to be fulfilled next week.

Ian
I wasn't expecting to receive my order quite so soon, and good luck to those that have. I would like to know if Olympus are going to communicate any better than they have so far, however.

I find it a real shame that the shop web site shows no sign of any updates and that I've received nothing at all from Olympus about the status of my order (except a boilerplate response to an email I sent).

Actually - it's not a shame - it's appalling that a company like Olympus don't "get" the fundamentals of keeping customers happy. Were it not for the information gleaned from this website, I'd be completely in the dark.

Steve.

jamsa
2nd November 2013, 01:07 PM
I wasn't expecting to receive my order quite so soon, and good luck to those that have. I would like to know if Olympus are going to communicate any better than they have so far, however.

I find it a real shame that the shop web site shows no sign of any updates and that I've received nothing at all from Olympus about the status of my order (except a boilerplate response to an email I sent).

Actually - it's not a shame - it's appalling that a company like Olympus don't "get" the fundamentals of keeping customers happy. Were it not for the information gleaned from this website, I'd be completely in the dark.

Steve.
Well said! A very poor show... Two or three weeks ago they said they would sort the issues and learn from this..... But since then it's just Ian who it appears has added whateverhe has picked up from Olympus..... I'm still waiting and even after the arrival of the camera will still never forget this "service". I feel that we are not valued as customers.....

IanTField
3rd November 2013, 03:05 PM
Well done to those of you lucky ones!!

I ordered the 12-40 kit on 18 Sept with Amazon UK and delivery date has moved from 19 Nov to 1 Nov then back to 12 Nov - but yesterday it moved to Dec 12 - Feb 10 2014 !!!!!!!!!!

I now feel totally trapped with this order as I hear that orders are bing fulfilled by date order and yet I don't see why I should sit by and wait until Feb if other shops can fulfill orders earlier - in the past Amazon have always seemed to have the pulling power to get stocks in early but this is a joke!

The price for the kit is also moving around and so it seems that if I go for a body only now elsewhere and then buy the lens for full price when it becomes available the total cost may be as much as £500 more than if I sit and wait.

This doesn't feel like flag ship service for their flag ship camera customers....

Any thoughts/ advice appreciated......

jamsa
3rd November 2013, 03:12 PM
Blimey.... Crazy situation... You can always call other retailers in case they have unsold stock and see if they price match and or can deliver quicker then cancel Amazon... You lose nothing in trying to locate one sooner... And good luck.... I haven't a clue when my order will be fulfilled.... Placed it same day as you too.

jamsa
3rd November 2013, 04:00 PM
I just checked and according to Amazon's own site they have in the UK 3 of the 12-50 kits available right now for despatch...

IanTField
3rd November 2013, 04:34 PM
Jamsa - thanks but I am after the 12-40 kit.

If anyone hears of someone having 12-40 kit stock I would be very grateful to know!!!

jamsa
3rd November 2013, 04:43 PM
I had the same order but was so frustrated in waiting and after being told at the start mid Oct etc I cancelled and bought an E510 as a stop gap spare to an E1, I have a 12-50 and 75-300 mk2 waiting for the body only... I was expecting it two weeks ago, then this last week but now who knows....still think that my c/card should not have been debited until I was notified that it was now in stock.

IanTField
4th November 2013, 11:47 AM
OK - promising developments this morning which I thought I would share in case others have received the same email that I had from Amazon.

I emailed Olympus over the weekend to say how disappointed I was with the Dec-Feb revised delivery date from Amazon UK and got a response from them this morning to say that they did not recognise those dates and that Amazon UK had not got those dates from them. In addition they said that they hoped to be able to fill all pre-orders during November.

So I was then bracing myself for another couple of weeks wait. I got home this morning (having been at work since Sunday morning - don't ask!) and thought i would just check in on Amazon to see if anything had changed and my order has just changed to dispatching now!!!! :-) Not only that but the cost is now shown against my order of 1,696 !

So fingers crossed I may get my kit in the next couple of days rather than the months Amazon UK had been threatening.

So if anyone is in my position as of yesterday it may be worth hanging in there a few days to see how things develop.

StephenL
4th November 2013, 12:18 PM
The dates on Amazon's web site probably reflect their anticipated position if someone was ordering today?

IanTField
4th November 2013, 12:38 PM
The dates on Amazon's web site probably reflect their anticipated position if someone was ordering today?

No - (as mentioned in my earlier post) I received an email on Saturday saying my order would be delivered Dec - Feb 14

StephenL
4th November 2013, 12:39 PM
No - (as mentioned in my earlier post) I received an email on Saturday saying my order would be delivered Dec - Feb 14
Beg your pardon - I thought it was a generic email. My mistake. Grovel grovel. :)

paullus
4th November 2013, 04:49 PM
Hi.
Below is a copy of the message of the email I sent to Andre Kellerberg and his very prompt response received today.

Good morning Andre.

I was hoping you might be able to give me an update on when I will receive my order placed on 12th September please.
I appreciate you must be very busy and receive many requests like mine and I apologise for any inconvenience.
Thank you.
Best regards,
Steven P

Good morning Steve,
I appreciate your frustration about the delay and I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused by that.
According to our delivery schedules for this week, your camera should be dispatched end of this week and delivered to you around tuesday next week (along with the HLD-7 and the MMF-3).

I hope this is ok.
Should you have any concerns or questions, feel free to contact me any time (my cell phone number is mentioned in my footer too).

The wait will be over soon.

I wish you a nice day!
Kind regards,
André

Fantastic news, it should arrive in plenty of time for my week in Lanzarote:D

Steve

raichea
4th November 2013, 11:35 PM
Hi.
Below is a copy of the message of the email I sent to Andre Kellerberg and his very prompt response received today.

My order story is identical to yours but I haven't had a response to the email I sent today. Mind you, I did say I think Olympus should be offering a discount to match the one some people have received through Amazon... maybe they're adjusting the price *sarc. That was some sweet deal.

Olybirder
4th November 2013, 11:53 PM
I really don't understand why Amazon was offering those crazy prices for a camera which is in short supply. I suppose that's just the way Amazon is. If you see something that looks too good to be true ... buy it! :confused:

Ron

Grumpy Hec
5th November 2013, 07:43 AM
Hi.

Good morning Andre.

I was hoping you might be able to give me an update on when I will receive my order placed on 12th September please.
I appreciate you must be very busy and receive many requests like mine and I apologise for any inconvenience.
Thank you.
Best regards,
Steven P

Good morning Steve,
I appreciate your frustration about the delay and I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused by that.
According to our delivery schedules for this week, your camera should be dispatched end of this week and delivered to you around tuesday next week (along with the HLD-7 and the MMF-3).

I hope this is ok.
Should you have any concerns or questions, feel free to contact me any time (my cell phone number is mentioned in my footer too).

The wait will be over soon.

I wish you a nice day!
Kind regards,
André

Fantastic news, it should arrive in plenty of time for my week in Lanzarote:D

Steve

After contacting Andre a week of two ago on excellent advice from a forum member I had an equally good exchange of emails with him. My order was placed and paid for on the 11th Sept and he readily acknowledged this and committed to dispatch on the 31st Oct subject to stocks arriving. This he achieved and if the courier hadn't sat on it at the Ipswich DHL office for a few hours I could have had it before I left for Yorkshire at lunchtime on the following day (1st Nov).

As it was I had a nice parcel to open on my return Sunday evening :D

In the meantime my E3 did sterling service in Swaledale as you would expect and I will post a nice tale in the lounge shortly about that.

For those who are still facing a wait. Stick with and don't bale out. It feels great when you get it in your hand even if, like me, you have to adjust to the size and weight reduction from an E3 which is very strange at the moment. It is worth it.

cheers

hec

paullus
5th November 2013, 04:34 PM
I have to say I really like Andre Kellerberg. He is prompt and effective. In response to his response I did mention my frustration at seeing discounted E-M1 kits being offered by UK outlets before pre-orders have been met.

Andre's response is here.

Hi Steve,

sorry for my late reply this time. We had to check on the price discrepancy issue.
We have looked into this and found that issue was caused by a grey trader was offering product direct from Hong Kong using a UK address. They have been reported and removed as duty and vat are rarely paid which can lead to an Tax Authority investigation into the dealer and the customer. Please be aware that products bought through unofficial channels will not qualify for any European or UK promotions and anyone trying to claim may be reported.

The product will not carry the two year or extended 2 and half year warranty running on the E-M1 in Europe. There have also been instances of returned and used product being sold as new. This would not qualify for repair under normal warranty as we can not be sure what conditions the product has been held or shipped under. There is also the issue of contact and redress with companies registered out side the UK and Europe. Please, please take these things into account when buying as UK law is very specific - your contract of sale is with the retailer. Buyer beware.

So, you are safe with your direct order with Olympus. Also, you are eligible for the free promo items and take advantage of the extended warranty.

Hope I could clarify some of your concerns in this matter.
All the best,
André

So that is Olympus' stance on grey imports.

Steve.

Wee man
5th November 2013, 05:00 PM
Thanks for the update.

benvendetta
5th November 2013, 11:07 PM
Phoned LCE in Bristol today to find out the latest supply info. I was told that they had received some EM1 12-40 kits. Body only kits wouldn't be available for at least two weeks (grhhh!). Was told that Olympus had authorised the store to split kits for those like me who wanted just the body, which they will do. I was also told that if I ordered and paid on Wednesday this week when they have an Olympus in-store day, I would also get a voucher for £100 of free Olympus accessories, but only if you spend £200. Basically we are talking £100 cashback when Oly get the receipts.
Not sure if I would want a full £200 worth of Oly accessories but maybe there are others out there that might. When I get the voucher I will let you know the T&Cs. I think it is valid for a while.
Maybe I could sell it around here for a good price :D

So with a bit of luck I could have my EM1 on Thursday (I think that they will waive their normal £4-99 delivery charge).

gazza95
6th November 2013, 06:37 AM
similar story at Park cameras where I pre-ordered ages ago…... They are still awaiting promised body only stock from last week but have had some cameras with lens.

Gary

Batman
6th November 2013, 06:36 PM
I had an email from Olympus this morning saying:

"We are very sorry for the delay due to high demand.

We are aiming to fulfil the pre orders by the end of November."

I had been told early November when I ordered it.

I admit that I didn't order it until mid October, after I had checked my 4/3 lenses on one. The main reason for ordering from Olympus was to make sure that I got an adaptor at the same time as the camera body. No good to me without an adaptor! :)

benvendetta
6th November 2013, 10:19 PM
LCE have split a 12-40 kit and I should be getting the em1 on Friday. At least I have the Viltrox MMF clone until I get my MMF3. Roll on the weekend!

Glenn S
6th November 2013, 10:24 PM
LCE have split a 12-40 kit and I should be getting the em1 on Friday. At least I have the Viltrox MMF clone until I get my MMF3. Roll on the weekend!

Bugger, I'm off to Singapore on Sunday and I'm still waiting for my EM-1 12-40 kit from Clifton Cameras

glynnbach
7th November 2013, 09:02 AM
Got my dispatch notice from the Olympus shop last night, so looks like body only and grip will be here soon.

Ordered on 13th September but managed to get the "introductory price".

sapper
9th November 2013, 10:41 AM
Not fair! Some have got their kit and my shop, Camera Words Chelmsford have only had one in, someone else got it before me. Poo!!

HDove
12th November 2013, 05:00 PM
Greetings to One and All,

Reading some of the stories here, I feel a bit guilty! I registered with Olympus in September and got my loyalty voucher code after I saw a demo EM-1 at LCE in the Strand. I tried to buy one online but failed, and gave up (bank refused to allow transaction….). On 4 Nov I dropped into LCE Strand who only had the demo 12-50 kit which they split quite happily so I could get the body only, and I got a s/h 45/1.8 mFT from LCE in Derby (sent to Strand with no delivery charge). The staff at both branches of LCE were very helpful, as usual from my experience of them.

I'm very impressed with what I've seen so far, and can't wait for LR to ship the 5.3 update so we can see just what the E-M1 is capable of. I sent the voucher and receipt by registered delivery to Germany, so I know they got it on 9 Nov, and I'm now on tenterhooks as I can't wait to get the MMF3 and HLD-7 and see how much better my FT SHG glass will look with the E-M1's chip over the E-5's chip……. looks as though it could be some time so I'm glad I got the 45 mFT in the meantime otherwise I'd have a handsome paperweight!

Hope those waiting get their's soon…

Henry

catkins
12th November 2013, 05:24 PM
For those who wait . . . eventually arrives Santa's early trial delivery run! After receiving an email from Olympus store on Friday to say that the kit had been dispatched, today brought 'the man from del DHL'. No tracking available but at least the timescale was quick.
Wow, its a solid little beast, the grip certainly helps my big fisted hands, and all seems good. A wander around the town, park and inside the abbey proved a good test, passed with flying colours, while attaching the Sigma 70-200mm EXII APO lens while daunting was an exciting harbinger of what is to come. What a beauty, I think that at last I'm looking forward to making the most of the midget wonder!
I hope all others waiting delivery will also by now have received or will receive theirs very soon.

Regards
Chris

TonyR
12th November 2013, 07:09 PM
Me too. Phew!

peak4
12th November 2013, 08:14 PM
I Popped into my local dealers this evening on my way to fetch the car after getting the brakes fettled.
When I phoned last week, I thought I was 4th on the list with my delivery expected by mid November.

The story now is that there are four in front of me, and Olympus are hoping to have all pre-orders fulfilled by the end of November.
The dealer is hoping to get two more cameras in this/next week, so I've no idea if that's promising or not.

Certainly takes me past the end of the time limit for registering my camera to get the free grip and MMF-3.
Hopefully the comments Mark made on this board some time ago will come to fruition.
I'm actually in no wild rush to get the camera as I'm very busy at the moment, but wouldn't want to miss out on the offers, which was why I pre-ordered in the first place, rather than waiting for the price to stabilise a bit in a few months time.
The other issue is that I want to return my E-M5 under warranty for a couple of problems, but would like to make sure I have a M4/3 camera available for an upcoming holiday.

Not attributing any blame to the dealer, it's purely a supply issue, which I'm sure they are quite brassed off about themselves.

sapper
12th November 2013, 10:47 PM
I got mine today, copied my receipt and put it in envelope to send to Germany for the battery holder and adapter. Then though, 'Can this info be emailed to Olympus?"

Anyone done that?

Bikie John
12th November 2013, 10:54 PM
I asked when mine arrived at LCE, they asked their Oly rep and got the answer no - it had to go through the post to Germany. But there's no harm in you asking your supplier to talk to their Oly rep.

John

sapper
12th November 2013, 11:09 PM
Thanks John. I will post it. By the time the shop have asked the rep, then got back to me it will probably be too late.

HDove
13th November 2013, 12:09 PM
Dave,

As I understand it, if you're going for the Olympus Loyalty Offer (i.e. the HLD7 and MMF3) so long as you registered on-line, you now have until the end of Nov to buy and until 18 Dec to get the receipt and claim form to Olympus in Germany - its in the offer T&C online:
http://special.olympus.eu/s/upgrade-omd/terms

Henry

Ian
13th November 2013, 12:17 PM
I Popped into my local dealers this evening on my way to fetch the car after getting the brakes fettled.
When I phoned last week, I thought I was 4th on the list with my delivery expected by mid November.

The story now is that there are four in front of me, and Olympus are hoping to have all pre-orders fulfilled by the end of November.
The dealer is hoping to get two more cameras in this/next week, so I've no idea if that's promising or not.

Certainly takes me past the end of the time limit for registering my camera to get the free grip and MMF-3.
Hopefully the comments Mark made on this board some time ago will come to fruition.
I'm actually in no wild rush to get the camera as I'm very busy at the moment, but wouldn't want to miss out on the offers, which was why I pre-ordered in the first place, rather than waiting for the price to stabilise a bit in a few months time.
The other issue is that I want to return my E-M5 under warranty for a couple of problems, but would like to make sure I have a M4/3 camera available for an upcoming holiday.

Not attributing any blame to the dealer, it's purely a supply issue, which I'm sure they are quite brassed off about themselves.

I am absolutely sure that you won't lose out. Mark Thackara has said as much to me regarding issues like these. We will sort things out where necessary!

Ian

birdboy
13th November 2013, 04:19 PM
I got mine today, copied my receipt and put it in envelope to send to Germany for the battery holder and adapter. Then though, 'Can this info be emailed to Olympus?"

Anyone done that?

I emailed mine to Oly support and got a returned email and told to post it as per the instructions on the offer.

"Please be advised as per the terms and conditions of this promotion, you need to send these documents to the following address for your claim to be processed:

Marktdienste Haberbeck GmbH

“Olympus HLD-7 Battery Grip”

Industriestrasse 17

DE-32791 Lage

Germany

Kind regards

Mark Shayler
European Customer Support Centre "

So you did right by posting it Dave.*chr

peak4
13th November 2013, 06:40 PM
I am absolutely sure that you won't lose out. Mark Thackara has said as much to me regarding issues like these. We will sort things out where necessary!

Ian

Thanks Ian, subsequent to my comments on this thread I found the one that Mark originally commented on.
He was kind enough to reply again on the other one (http://e-group.uk.net/forum/showthread.php?t=28892&page=18), providing assurances to everyone who may be affected.

Smallcreep
15th November 2013, 10:18 AM
Is there any news of the 14-40mm f2.8 lens? I have had a dispatch note for my E-M1 body but ordered the lens separately (don't ask) and the dealer I ordered it from has no information about availability. Is there anything on the grapevine?

jmunkki
15th November 2013, 11:29 AM
The 12-40mm f/2.8 lenses appear to be shipping in reasonable quantities. I looked at the stock situation of a local dealer and they got a shipment of 10 lenses 12 days ago, out of which they still have two in stock (local stores though). They also have 10 E-M1+12-40 kits in stock right now and have received a total of about 20 of those in the past two weeks.

Smallcreep
20th November 2013, 10:17 AM
My E-M1 was delivered yesterday evening. Following a hint from the Biofos review, I placed it next to my OM-4Ti (sadly to be up for sale soon), just to enjoy the similarities and the link with the OM tradition. The first "proper" digital camera I bought was an Epson R-D1s, effectively a Voigtlander Bessa body with electronic innards, so there is an added layer of nostalgia in that connection too. Ah well, back to my degree-level study of the E-M1 manual. By the time I get to the end, I expect a BA (Perplexed) at the very least.

Batman
20th November 2013, 11:11 AM
Mine arrived yesterday afternoon as well. So far so good. Everything seems to be working fine, with a few little noises, which although different, seem perfectly reasonable to me. I also need to do a fair bit of study of the manual to get the camera customised to my liking. This shouldn't take too long once I get a chance to do it. I need to sort out the central heating first. :(

I'm really looking forward to taking it out for a 'shoot'. :)

Yorkie
20th November 2013, 11:11 AM
Has anyone any idea who has stock of the em1?

Olybirder
20th November 2013, 11:17 AM
Has anyone any idea who has stock of the em1?
Amazon were showing 5 bodies in stock when I looked earlier today.

Ron

jmunkki
20th November 2013, 11:18 AM
At this point, a lot of shops have stock. Amazon UK has some (unless you want the 12-40 f/2.8 lens). Here in Finland, Verkkokauppa.com has stock of the lens kits as well. Shouldn't be hard to find a camera right now.

Pierre L
20th November 2013, 11:20 AM
I have just looked at parkcameras.com and they say they have stock of all three variations of E-M1 (body only and with either lens).

I have always had excellent service from Park Cameras (I bought my E-M1 from them).

Olybirder
20th November 2013, 11:23 AM
Camerapricebuster (http://www.camerapricebuster.co.uk/Olympus/Olympus-PEN-System-Cameras) is an easy way to check for stock, although not all stores show the current stock situation (SRS for example). It seems that quite a few stores have stock of the body at the moment.

Ron

Glenn S
20th November 2013, 02:11 PM
Got mine with 12-40 from Clifton Cameras yesterday (pre-ordered 25 September)

Stam
21st November 2013, 05:32 PM
Reassuring as I wait for Olympus to deliver my EM1

Thank You
*chr

StephenL
22nd November 2013, 08:17 AM
Reassuring as I wait for Olympus to deliver my EM1

Thank You
*chr
Welcome to the forum! I'm certain you will enjoy the E-M1. *yes

Ian
22nd November 2013, 02:19 PM
Is it only 12-40 kits that people are now waiting for?

I have just received a couple of 12-50 kits for the hire stock. I have been without an E-M1 for ages - it's like meeting an old friend :D

And now I can try to help more practically with a camera in front of me!

Ian

peak4
22nd November 2013, 08:19 PM
Collected mine this morning.My dealer had a delivery a couple of days ago which cleared all pre-orders, then got two more after that.
Looks like there is two up for grabs in Sheffield.

Not even had time to play with it yet and working tomorrow

Stam
22nd November 2013, 10:33 PM
I'm waiting for 1240 kit and I'm optimistic as Olympus have just emailed me my invoice. So hopefully the kit will arrive early next week.

Smallcreep
22nd November 2013, 11:18 PM
I'm waiting for 1240 kit and I'm optimistic as Olympus have just emailed me my invoice. So hopefully the kit will arrive early next week.

Based on the reports of other members and my own experience, it takes six days for the DHL van to drop by.

dkayuk
27th November 2013, 06:23 PM
Quick question for those of you who have received your EM1 from the Olympus online shop.

I ordered on Oct 27 and yesterday I received the invoice in PDF format from the Olympus online store. Does this mean I am about to receive the delivery of the camera?

There was no indication in the email that this was about to happen though! or maybe I'm supposed to read between the lines :confused:
thx
DK

G2EWS
27th November 2013, 06:26 PM
Quick question for those of you who have received your EM1 from the Olympus online shop.

I ordered on Oct 27 and yesterday I received the invoice in PDF format from the Olympus online store. Does this mean I am about to receive the delivery of the camera?

There was no indication in the email that this was about to happen though! or maybe I'm supposed to read between the lines :confused:
thx
DK

Sorry to be the bearer of bad tiding!

I does not mean that the camera is going to be shipped as they have to take the money before the end of the month.

Send an email to them asking what is happening.

Best regards

Chris

Stam
27th November 2013, 06:37 PM

thx
DK

You're EM1 should be on its way . I got the email last Friday 22 nd. And DHL delivered yesterday 26th.
Enjoy it when it arrives

Smallcreep
27th November 2013, 06:42 PM
The invoice I received was followed one hour later by a dispatch note. The camera arrived six days later. I assumed at the time that the dispatch note was the significant item. I agree with G2EWS: better give them a ring.

Stam
27th November 2013, 06:50 PM
I never got a despatch note, but glad to have the camera now.
Somewhat frustrated today when part way through taking some shots I could not get AF to work.
I had not realised I 'd slid the Focus Ring on the lens back.
Won't make that mistake again

bredman
27th November 2013, 06:55 PM
Won't make that mistake again

I bet you do. :D

dkayuk
27th November 2013, 08:03 PM
thanks to all for your replies. I haven't had a dispatch note, only the invoice. I did send an email to the Olympus customer service asking what's going on.
DK

Smallcreep
27th November 2013, 08:29 PM
I think perhaps the previous message from dkayuk (#218) has been edited down a bit ... I was going to comment that the advantage of buying from the Olympus shop (for me) was that the battery holder and MMF-3 arrived in the same box, so I didn't have the anxiety of having to enter into correspondence with Germany...

dkayuk
28th November 2013, 06:30 AM
I think perhaps the previous message from dkayuk (#218) has been edited down a bit ... I was going to comment that the advantage of buying from the Olympus shop (for me) was that the battery holder and MMF-3 arrived in the same box, so I didn't have the anxiety of having to enter into correspondence with Germany...

I edited it myself. The reason for buying from the Olympus shop was the same as yours. However, I do think that they should communicate a bit better with people that choose to buy from them direct. Lets hope that my camera arrives this side of Xmas.
DK

bilbo
28th November 2013, 07:10 AM
I edited it myself. The reason for buying from the Olympus shop was the same as yours. However, I do think that they should communicate a bit better with people that choose to buy from them direct. Lets hope that my camera arrives this side of Xmas.
DKTry emailing André Kellerberg at the Olympus shop for an update rather than using the email form on the website which probably nobody checks. Andre.Kellerberg@olympus.cz (Andre.Kellerberg@olympus.cz)

dkayuk
28th November 2013, 07:33 AM
I will do, cheers Brian!
DK

Batman
28th November 2013, 07:57 AM
I agree with Brian, above. Andre Kellerberg also replied to me within a few hours of me emailing him. Mine was already in the post and arrived the next day. To be fair to the Olympus Shop, they also replied to their 'generic' email very quickly. It is worth asking for a DHL tracking reference when you contact them. I don't know why they don't send this as a matter of course when they send the invoice.

G2EWS
28th November 2013, 07:57 AM
DK

Hi Dkayuk,

I concur with Bilbo, get an email to Andre.

Mark Thackara has stated that there will be a full investigation of the events with this launch to make sure they do their best to ensure it doesn't happen again.

I am also aware that there were other issues outside of their control.

Best regards

Chris

dkayuk
28th November 2013, 12:56 PM
I am editing this instead of creating a new post, the camera arrived minus the MMF3. It does seem that I need to send an email after all. Not a serious problem but I was hoping that ordering through Olympus would mean that I would everything in one go.
DK

dkayuk
30th November 2013, 12:04 PM
and my MMF3 arrived the next day in a separate package. Andre was very helpful. I will post some images as soon as I have some worth posting :)
DK

Feathers McGraw
3rd December 2013, 04:55 PM
Getting a bit fed up now, waited about a month from ordering from SRS to get EM-1 body, duly sent receipt off to Germany and waited. And waited. I'm still waiting now, spoke to a chap on a helpline who sounded like he was somewhere in Transylvania, he said something along the lines of 'we'll try to get it to you before Christmas, but can't promise' - that's another 3 weeks wait at least! Then to add insult to injury an email came through from Olympus saying 'thanks for registering your EM-1, by now you will have probably unpacked it and taken your first shots' - well, no I haven't because I can't attach my glass to the damn thing!
I don't understand why they have to over-complicate things so much, surely they must know how many redemptions to expect as we have all registered, why is it not possible to send accessories out with the cameras to the retailers, who then hand them over on production of the magic code & proof of E-system ownership - I'm sure it is a fine piece of kit, unfortunately their logistics and organisation leave much to be desired.

HDove
3rd December 2013, 05:04 PM
I know how you feel. I bought mine on 4 Nov and sent papers by registered post to Germany so I know they were received on 8 Nov and I've heard nothing. Following the advice of others on the 'my HLD-7 has arrived thread', I wrote to Oly support who asked me to send electronic versions of the papers to them to see if they can help, which I did yesterday and I'm now waiting to see what happens next. Without the MMf3 I really can't use the EM-1 with my current FT lenses so the E-5 is getting plenty of use still! The OM-D registration jarred with me too as I've yet to see what my EM-1 can do!!

Henry

Pierre L
3rd December 2013, 05:05 PM
I also got a "Thank you for Registering" message. No sign of my free grip yet though (camera received from Park Cameras on 15th November and paperwork sent to Germany by Registered Post shortly afterwards). Wouldn't it be great if my grip arrived without the need for chasing, e-mails or phone calls?
I had excellent service from Park Cameras (as always) -- wouldn't it be great if they were the ones handling the free offer?

Wee man
3rd December 2013, 05:34 PM
In the same spot registered for grip and adapter. Got a largish parcel a fortnight ago which had.............a grip! No adapter; rang to be told all should be aOK just waiting for stock. I asked how long and was told "we do not know" surely one part of the company can tell the other.
I am waiting to use my 4/3 glass but am lucky that I happened to buy one M4/3 lens.
I am getting to know the delivery men and they seem to be getting fed up with my" is it here yet" question.
Come on Olympus this offer was for your already loyal 4/3 users who had to register so you must have known how many were needed.
I am now dreading a stock finished letter as per original whilst stocks last notice with the offer?

DavyG
3rd December 2013, 05:42 PM
I'm in the same boat.

I received my "Thank you for registering your E-M1" today, which is just great.

I sent my documents off on 7th October, have emailed copies to Olympus and despite being told it's being investigated, two months on I still don't have an MMF-3 or a Grip.

As a long time user of and investor in Olympus 4/3 DSLR's and lenses, I'm becoming increasingly irritated and disappointed in how this is being handled.

Having spent in excess of £2000.00 to purchase an E-M1 12-50 kit and a 12-40 lens, I'm seriously hacked off at not being able to use the camera properly with my 4/3 lenses.

Come on Olympus, you are losing loyal customers here and are in danger of making yourselves a laughing stock.

Dave

Mark Thackara
3rd December 2013, 05:48 PM
Quick note from me: We have not covered ourselves in glory on this promotion for which I can only add my apologies.
It is particularly frustrating for you and us that the handling agency can not seem to always say what is happening. No excuses but they do seem to have underestimated the number of queries they would get and as it is pan-European, I think it has added a level of complexity
I have asked again as there is now recognition that this is a problem and will follow it up in a maximum of 72 hours. If there is not a satisfactory response, we can issue the items in the UK. I have a very limited stock for cases where it seems there is no hope of resolving centrally but they have promised they will contact everyone very soon to advise what is going on
Rest assured that if anyone falls through the gaps - we will sort it out.
Regards - Mark

HDove
3rd December 2013, 05:58 PM
Mark,

Thank you for the re-assurance - it's the silence which really adds to the frustration! - and thank you in advance for trying to sort the confusion out. The loyalty offer is why I registered to keep being able to use the excellent SHG lenses (7-14, 14-35, 150 and 300), but so far I've only able to update the firmware on a camera which is a bit of a paperweight albeit a very attractive one! I look forward to your updates towards the end of the week.

Kind regards,

Henry

Yorkie
3rd December 2013, 05:59 PM
Mark
Can you please confirm if I can claim the mmf-3. I am looking to change to the em1 and 12-40 kit. Currently I have the E5 with a range of glass including the 12-60, 50-200, 11-22 and 50mm most of which I will continue to use.
Thanks
Adrian

Yorkie
3rd December 2013, 06:00 PM
Sorry, I forgot to note that the price of the converter is such that I am unable to use the current cash back offer!

wellyboot
3rd December 2013, 06:01 PM
I know how you feel. I bought mine on 4 Nov and sent papers by registered post to Germany so I know they were received on 8 Nov and I've heard nothing. Following the advice of others on the 'my HLD-7 has arrived thread', I wrote to Oly support who asked me to send electronic versions of the papers to them to see if they can help, which I did yesterday and I'm now waiting to see what happens next. Without the MMf3 I really can't use the EM-1 with my current FT lenses so the E-5 is getting plenty of use still! The OM-D registration jarred with me too as I've yet to see what my EM-1 can do!!

Henry

I had exactly the same response yesterday Henry, saying that they weren't sure if the electronic documentation would be accepted. I emailed them my documents yesterday, and asked them to confirm if they would be acceptable. I've not heard anything back regarding this as yet!
Marcia

StephenL
3rd December 2013, 06:03 PM
Olympus cannot get a response from Haberbeck, I'm told, which isn't helping them.

DavyG
3rd December 2013, 06:27 PM
Quick note from me: We have not covered ourselves in glory on this promotion for which I can only add my apologies.
It is particularly frustrating for you and us that the handling agency can not seem to always say what is happening. No excuses but they do seem to have underestimated the number of queries they would get and as it is pan-European, I think it has added a level of complexity
I have asked again as there is now recognition that this is a problem and will follow it up in a maximum of 72 hours. If there is not a satisfactory response, we can issue the items in the UK. I have a very limited stock for cases where it seems there is no hope of resolving centrally but they have promised they will contact everyone very soon to advise what is going on
Regards - Mark

Thank you responding Mark, I imagine this is as frustrating for you as it is for us.

Your reassurance that this will be sorted out is welcomed and very appreciated.

Dave

DerekW
3rd December 2013, 06:57 PM
At the LCE show on Sunday - the kit appeared to be quite easily available. So perhaps a bit galling for those people waiting.

jamsa
3rd December 2013, 09:02 PM
Regards - Mark

Thank you Mark for AN update which might be considered a little overdue...I posted my paperwork off on the 8th November as per the email with my unique code etc.
I hope that the grip and MMF3 will arrive soon from UK direct or from Germany ( I couldn't care from where) so long as it does. From ordering the camera 12-40 kit quite sometime ago to actually having the promotional items looks to take months. I really think by now this issue could have been resolved....If Olympus Europe is the customer then tell the handling centre to get it sorted!
;)

Phill D
3rd December 2013, 10:48 PM
I'm in the same boat as everyone else here. The wait has been so long now I've lost count of the weeks. So I sent an email last week to Oly Customer Services but after an initial quick response from Christopher asking for my address even he wont reply to me! So today getting that email that said thanks for registering using the words and I quote

"As a registered user, you can now also look forward to an outstanding service standard that is just as outstanding as the E-M1 itself. We’re dedicated to making sure you’re 100% satisfied with your camera, and we welcome your feedback to make sure we achieve this."

Well having come down off the ceiling I'm afraid Oly my feed back is just not typeable on an open forum. This whole episode has been a complete disaster. Mark I sympathise with the position you find yourself in and take some comfort in your post on here and really really hope you can salvage some reputation for your company here because I do like my EM-1 it's an excellent product but Olympus are definitely taking a lot of the shine off it for me. I'm peed off with the situation now so what I'm going to feel like if nothing has turned up by Christmas I can't imagine.

Gwyver
4th December 2013, 08:14 AM
No doubt this post won't be popular but...
Speaking as someone waiting for the fullfilment of the Grip + MMF-3 offer, I think a sense of perspective is in order for some of the comments in this thread. It is only a freebie widget and no-one has been harmed by the delays in delivery!

The T&Cs PDF which was received when the offer registration took place states: "Delivery of the HLD-7 Battery Grip and the MMF-3 Adapter may take a few weeks to process".

Given that E-M1 deliveries didn't occur in any significant volume until late October - and hence the necessary claim paperwork wouldn't have been available until then - it isn't particularly surprising that HLD/MMF shipments haven't all been supplied as yet.

It is regrettable that the process did not include for some form of email confirmation by Haberbeck (the shipping company) that the claim documents had been received. Such a confirmation would have eliminated much uncertainty for claimants.

It is also very apparent that the scale of demand for the E-M1 was much greater than expected and the manufacturing capacity came under pressure. This pressure will have impacted availability of E-M1 specific accessories as well as the camera.

Pierre L
4th December 2013, 08:26 AM
"It is regrettable that the process did not include for some form of email confirmation by Haberbeck (the shipping company) that the claim documents had been received. Such a confirmation would have eliminated much uncertainty for claimants."

That is exactly what bugs me. I don't want to invest the time to chase whether they have my order or not and do not want to be told (in 2 months' time) that "we know nothing about your request and you are out of time".

I do remember that when I got the E-M5 and applied for the free grip, it took several goes to get my invoice to them by e-mail (they kept send e-mails saying they were waiting for it -- in due course, I spoke to a human in the UK who confirmed that they had what they needed and I did get the grip).

In this case: complete silence apart from the original e-mail attachment with the code. Park Cameras were very helpful in reminding their pre-order customers to register for the offer and send the paperwork in; I think they may have sent a list of cameras sold to Olympus as well.

Fingers crossed.

Feathers McGraw
4th December 2013, 01:14 PM
Chris is correct in what he's written above, nobody has been harmed by these delays, however, I suspect this not to be the case for much longer, once my better half finds out how much I've spent on a camera which to all intents and purposes is completely useless at the moment, there will be an episode of non-surgical gender realignment occurring in our house I suspect!

DavyG
4th December 2013, 01:24 PM
The T&Cs PDF which was received when the offer registration took place states: "Delivery of the HLD-7 Battery Grip and the MMF-3 Adapter may take a few weeks to process".

Given that E-M1 deliveries didn't occur in any significant volume until late October - and hence the necessary claim paperwork wouldn't have been available until then - it isn't particularly surprising that HLD/MMF shipments haven't all been supplied as yet.

It is regrettable that the process did not include for some form of email confirmation by Haberbeck (the shipping company) that the claim documents had been received. Such a confirmation would have eliminated much uncertainty for claimants.

It is also very apparent that the scale of demand for the E-M1 was much greater than expected and the manufacturing capacity came under pressure. This pressure will have impacted availability of E-M1 specific accessories as well as the camera.

Whilst I agree with your sentiment, I think you have your facts wrong.

Some of us purchased our E-M1's in early October hence, my paperwork was available, completed and in the post by 7th October.

Again, I agree that the offer stated that the offer may take a few weeks to process however, it's now apparent that some people are receiving the items within three weeks or so after submitting their claims whilst the earliest purchasers have received nothing almost two months down the line.

It is regrettable that the process did not include for some form of email confirmation by Haberbeck however, Olympus have been slow to identify that a problem exists and, as far as I'm aware, have yet to take action to put things right. If Mark had not posted on this thread, none of us would have been any the wiser.

As for it's only a freebie widget, as a long time 4/3 DSLR user with a number of 4/3 lenses, the ability of the E-M1 to utilise these lenses was the primary reason I bought the thing, how do I do so without the adapter?

With regard to the availability of E-M1 specific accessories, I believe both the MMF-3 and the Grip are freely available to purchase at several stores, LCE being one.

I'm all for giving Olympus the benefit of the doubt however, this doesn't excuse the fact that this promotion has been shambolic.

Mark: Please do not take this as a criticism of you, I realise that you are doing your best to resolve this issue.

Dave

Mark Thackara
4th December 2013, 01:53 PM
We are trying notto confuse the official promo but when the dust settles and you have your E-m1, let me know and i will sort it as we would like to keep loyal forum members happy where possible. I just can't write blank cheeque promises!

M

Mark
Can you please confirm if I can claim the mmf-3. I am looking to change to the em1 and 12-40 kit. Currently I have the E5 with a range of glass including the 12-60, 50-200, 11-22 and 50mm most of which I will continue to use.
Thanks
Adrian

Yorkie
4th December 2013, 01:57 PM
Many thanks Mark. I have placed my order and should receive it tomorrow.
Adrian

benvendetta
4th December 2013, 02:03 PM
I must admit that I only sent my claim to Oly in Germany 3.5 weeks ago so I am not really expecting my grip and MMF3 for a while. However, as the days go on, my expectancy that a package will be waiting for me when I get home from work is slowly increasing although judging by the experiences of others contributing to this thread, it is probably ill-placed :(

Mark Thackara
4th December 2013, 02:10 PM
Can you le me know your address and I wil send MMF 3

M

Mark
Thanks
Adrian

Feathers McGraw
4th December 2013, 04:35 PM
Can you le me know your address and I wil send MMF 3

M

You may have opened a huge can of worms up here Mark, I'm sure Adrian will be very happy to receive his MMF-3 having ordered his EM-1 today, but what about the rest of us who ordered it back in Sept, received our cameras in Oct and not yet been able to use it?