PDA

View Full Version : Warranty Period ?

Chevvyf1
5th October 2013, 08:51 AM
Is the OM-d EM-1 one or two years Warranty ?

Not sure if Service Plus gives 18 months or 2.5 years warranty ?

StephenL
5th October 2013, 10:14 AM
Normally 2 years, but you get an extra 6 months if you register it for the (free) Service Plus.

EDIT That's assuming it's UK or Olympus Direct sourced, and not a grey import from the US or wherever.

Alpha1
5th October 2013, 10:42 AM
Registered mine and received a confirmation of the additional 6 months service which I hope that we don't ever need!

Chevvyf1
5th October 2013, 11:42 AM
Normally 2 years, but you get an extra 6 months if you register it for the (free) Service Plus.

EDIT That's assuming it's UK or Olympus Direct sourced, and not a grey import from the US or wherever.

Grey import :eek: would I :rolleyes:

.. :cool:

Chevvyf1
5th October 2013, 11:45 AM
Registered mine and received a confirmation of the additional 6 months service which I hope that we don't ever need!

Dave, I wonder if, because we take on the Service Plus ... should it expire we are in the same boat as all others ...

Given the Experiences I have enjoyed with Olympus Service ... is the Service Plus necessary ?

I mean, I do this with Argos and Irons as they expire at 18 months as I use mine lots :) and as such get another new one ... same for kettles ... BUT its a real profit earner for anyone with excellent products :cool:

Actually, I shall sign up for it :)

StephenL
5th October 2013, 12:08 PM
Grey import :eek: would I :rolleyes:

.. :cool:
Well, that's what you told me you were doing ... :)

Chevvyf1
5th October 2013, 12:30 PM
Well, that's what you told me you were doing ... :)

Yes, NY for ONE ;) it arrives late next week ... and the other from SRS :D arrived yesterday (while I was at Pottery) :cool:

I wonder if warranty is different for the NY ONE ? after all, that ONE is a gift :cool:

Alpha1
5th October 2013, 01:00 PM
Chevvy

Stephen spelt out exactly what I was thinking!!

Almost certainly you won't get the +6 months on the NY import and you should be prepared to pay the import duty and VAT as well!! :confused:

Register the SRS one and leave the other one in "imports" I reckon! :rolleyes:

Chevvyf1
5th October 2013, 01:20 PM
Chevvy

Stephen spelt out exactly what I was thinking!!

Almost certainly you won't get the +6 months on the NY import and you should be prepared to pay the import duty and VAT as well!! :confused:

Register the SRS one and leave the other one in "imports" I reckon! :rolleyes:

Dave, personal gift :) I am not importing it ;) it is my spare :) its " ... that old thing ..."

StephenL
5th October 2013, 01:52 PM
Dave, personal gift :) I am not importing it ;) it is my spare :) its " ... that old thing ..."

Even so, it's NOT a UK-supplied camera so you will not get UK warranty, just the International 1 year one. Olympus know what serial numbers have been supplied to which country.

Chevvyf1
5th October 2013, 02:00 PM
Even so, it's NOT a UK-supplied camera so you will not get UK warranty, just the International 1 year one. Olympus know what serial numbers have been supplied to which country.

Stephen, yes I do appreciate that ! but as its a gift, I don't mind the risk :) either Olympus repairs or the Scottish great Olympus repairs (http://www.ajjohnstone.co.uk/) are actually very reasonable, I think !

I was only asking about UK Warranty :D

Maybe your son, can gift ship you a Christmas pressie of an "old 75-300 lens"

or I have friend in Indonesia coming to UK then Malta for Christmas in December ... now their prices are amazing - given the exchange rate :) and a lens with a camera ... in a handbag or briefcase of a frequent traveller ... and the box flat packed and posted as packing around a photograph ... :rolleyes:

Friends are there to return favours :) and sometimes family :cool:

David M
5th October 2013, 02:00 PM
6 months isn't very generous. Last time I registered a product with Olympus Canada they were extending warranties on bodies for an extra 2 years and an extra 4 years on lenses.

Chevvyf1
5th October 2013, 02:07 PM
6 months isn't very generous. Last time I registered a product with Olympus Canada they were extending warranties on bodies for an extra 2 years and an extra 4 years on lenses.

Thanks David, I best check Oly USA and maybe register with them :) *chr